Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#755124 07/02/21 02:09 PM
fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
What were your favorite moments in the game?

Here are a few of mine:

- Alfiras song - so beautiful
- the song of the harpies
- finding Scratch for the first time
- the owlbear cub actually showing up in camp
- the companions reactions to Abdiraks offer and his reaction, if you answer with 'Try it and loose a hand' - I laughed so hard
- the whole auntie Ethel storyline - it's so creepy, especially her lair and meeting her victims
- saving Volo - another hilarious storyline (although Volo does annoy me a bit)
- finding out that Halsin actually join your camp
- hitting Astarion twice and succeeding (he had it coming)
- finding that nice looking drow armor in the Underdark (missed it in my first playthroughs.
- The Underdark - it's so beautiful, I love eberything there - the looks, the music, the myconid colony. Not the bulette though, she often bugs out on me
- I had a hilarious moment, when I prepared an ambush for the minotaurs and then the bulette showed up, mid fight. She and one minotaur had a going at each other and we sat back and just watched the show, after hacing dealt with the other minotaur. The bulette killed the second mino and just disappeared again.
- I love Arabella and her parents, I always make sure, to save her
- Whispering Depths. wonderfully creepy. Is anyone else thinking, that the high elf, who's note we find, is the phase spider matriarch now? Or is it just me?
- playing a githyanki - and now a drow - and seeing, that the npcs actually react to you.
- and I wish, I could wear those druid armors, especially Kaghas, love the look
- Kaghas redemption arc. I do find it surprisingly fitting and a bit touching
- being able to actually talk your way out of fights - especially nice, if you can do it with deception.

There is a lot more, but this should be enough for now. I'm curious, what your favorite moments are

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by fylimar
the whole auntie Ethel storyline - it's so creepy, especially her lair and meeting her victims
Love this part, especially that the area outside can look either beautiful or creepy. I also like the boss fight.

finding out that Halsin actually join your camp

Agree!!!! Next I want to find out that Halsin can be a companion. smile

A few other moments I liked::

• The opening scene in the mindflayer ship
  • The scene with Raphael
  • The details in the druid grove: As op mentioned, the druid armor is great and also the decorations
  • I love the small scenes with companions, such as Gale's mirror image scene (although unfortunately I missed a lot of them!)
  • Moments when I could select flavor text (such as for wizards) in dialogue: These make the game feel reactive to your character, and I wish they would add even more smile

@fylimar
This is great post, love it !!! you sum it all and I even learned few things:

- the companions reactions to Abdiraks offer and his reaction, if you answer with 'Try it and loose a hand' - I laughed so hard
- I had a hilarious moment, when I prepared an ambush for the minotaurs and then the bulette showed up, mid fight. She and one minotaur had a going at each other and we sat back and just watched the show, after hacing dealt with the other minotaur. The bulette killed the second mino and just disappeared again.

Personally, I love going in the underdark from the big hole near the spider matriarch.

thanks !

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud. After a bit, you realize the pig enjoys it.
R
enthusiast
enthusiast
R
- the whole auntie Ethel storyline - it's so creepy, especially her lair and meeting her victims

I agree, her character is wonderfully creepy.

Is anyone else thinking, that the high elf, who's note we find, is the phase spider matriarch now? Or is it just me?

From the diaries, it is pretty clear that is what she wanted, but it is not clear that she succeeded. The skeleton with the web-walking boots was probably hers, so she didn't just transform, but she could have been reborn.

I did creep though the Whispering Depths and the Underdark expecting to be jumped by a High Elf Drider - or would that be Hi-ider? Even though it wasn't there it enhanced the game by having me looking over my shoulder, that little story really added to the general creepiness of the level.

T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
My favorite moments:

The first time I hit character creation - realizing I am playing a top-down RPG but can have a character that can look like THAT - was incredible.

When I realized I can kill Astarion instead of being forced to continue the conversation after he had pulled a knife - it felt like a real D&D moment to me - freedom - instead of the typical videogame railroad.

Seconding Auntie Ethel quest's - there's a couple of amazing ones. E.G. when entire illusion of the swamp is dispelled in real time - that was a holy $%@t moment for me.

Using featherfall to traverse the outside of Mystra Cleric tower - it was one of those moments where I felt like this game was giving me a different RP experience even compared to some of my other favorite CRPGs.

Realizing how much interactions changed when I put on my drow disguise to get into the Goblin camp. Then learning about all the other reactivity (i.e. Shadowheart and your race, etc).

fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Starlights
@fylimar
This is great post, love it !!! you sum it all and I even learned few things:

Personally, I love going in the underdark from the big hole near the spider matriarch.

thanks !

Your welcome. I never used the hole in the spider pit, despite doing that quest very early in game, should try that someday.

@Rbarbare: About the high elf - that corpse with the spiderboots could have been a looter that got killed by the spiders though. Maybe the high elf lady did succeed. I wonder, if we ever will find out. There is a journal entry, where she wrote: 'Today, I found the house of Lolth, and I shall be it's Matriarch'. That was, what made me think, she could be that spider matriarch - a bit like becoming a broodmother in Dragon Age, only she did do it willingly.

I'm playing as a drow for the first time ever and it is hilarious, how frightened the goblins are. I seldom have to do any check, they just let me pass. Even Spike was frightened of me.

There are a lot of conversations I love - Gales 'Go to hell' for example or when you finally succeed in getting to know Shadowhearts secret. The first conversation with Halsin is great too - and the party with the tieflings after you defeated the goblins.

There are a lot of npcs, I would love to have as companions: Alfira mostly, Karlach, Halsin, Abdirak, that funny deep gnome, you can free at the windmill - I love his character 'When we meet again ... well... we will have met again' laugh

Last edited by fylimar; 07/02/21 04:52 PM.

Doctor Who
S
addict
addict
S
Top of my head I laughed at some of the responses when I cast Speak with the Dead on Auntie Ethel’s corpse.

Some of my favorite moments:

- Gale freaking out about Nettie
- Punching Aradin
- The moment after making a Gith, realizing comments on the environment were Gith specific.
- The tadpole fever scene with Lae'zel and the different ways it can end
- Lae'zel freaking out after the Gith Patrol and the voice acting and dialogue choices of that scene

Some More or Less Specific:

- first time gaining an inspiration point in the scene with the wounded Mindflayer.
- first experience of Astarion and Lae'zel's dialogue and mannerisms
- the tension of expecting both Lae'zel and Astarion to back stab me on my first playthrough
- Accidentally, and unceremoniously killing Halsin in a route where I was saving the Grove
- Kagha not thanking me in that run where she's still First Druid
- 3rd playthrough when I finally realized Shared Initiative was a thing
- Roleplaying a character that connected with Wyll about wrestling with inner demons
- The time I managed to have Gale die in the fight with the wounded Mindflayer. Resisting the impulse to reload even as my character was locked in a cutscene and taking Necrosis damage. Scapegoating him for the rest of the playthorugh.

R
enthusiast
enthusiast
R
The goblin camp was fantastic, isolating the different commanders so you could take them out individually getting to scout out the location before deciding when, where and if to fight.

addict
addict
Walking into caves and dungeons because being in interior locations is the only way to be spared from the grossly unnecessary overdrawing of the entire visible world for miles at all times because of the lack of a sensible and easy-to-implement fog of war, resulting in a decent framerate for a change.

I don't want to fall to bits 'cos of excess existential thought.

addict
addict
Interesting thread!

- I liked fall to Underdark, I didn't even know there was another location under the location!
- scene with Abdirak really cool
- first resurrection of Gale and his "rules"
- fight with spider boss, unforgettable, because I spent more than two hours on it...
- Volo therapy also unforgettable
- Astarion romance scene... even without the scene itself, just his words and voice acting... divine (God bless Neil)

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
O
OcO Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
O
First time I looked out into the stretching UnderDark from the walls of the Temple was awesome.

Change from Sunny Wetlands to Creepy Swamp was great to.

Last edited by OcO; 08/02/21 06:42 AM. Reason: Word swap
enthusiast
enthusiast
My spider companion falling on Astarion and squishing him, while he was in the middle of snark.

Damn that was satisfying.

N
N
snark?

fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Anfindel
My spider companion falling on Astarion and squishing him, while he was in the middle of snark.

Omg, that sounds hilarious grin

I managed to get to the Underdark via Whispering Depths still level 3 and no match for bulette or minotaur, to get the nice looking drow armor for my character, and survived. Took a lot of scheming and Sneaking, but I got the armor and got back up.

Doctor Who
S
addict
addict
S

That spider has caused more deaths than the monsters.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by spectralhunter

That spider has caused more deaths than the monsters.

The most annoying this about it is that it won’t do that to enemies in combat on command.

veteran
veteran
smiling to myself when Lae'zel threatened me with "help me get out and kill these guys or else". Politeness goes a long way as those Tieflings learned.

fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
As a rogue being able to rob anyone - apart from Ethel, her saving throws are too high.

Saving the spiders in the goblin camp. They helped me killing Minthara after that.

Doctor Who
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard