Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#755124 07/02/21 02:09 PM
fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
What were your favorite moments in the game?

Here are a few of mine:

- Alfiras song - so beautiful
- the song of the harpies
- finding Scratch for the first time
- the owlbear cub actually showing up in camp
- the companions reactions to Abdiraks offer and his reaction, if you answer with 'Try it and loose a hand' - I laughed so hard
- the whole auntie Ethel storyline - it's so creepy, especially her lair and meeting her victims
- saving Volo - another hilarious storyline (although Volo does annoy me a bit)
- finding out that Halsin actually join your camp
- hitting Astarion twice and succeeding (he had it coming)
- finding that nice looking drow armor in the Underdark (missed it in my first playthroughs.
- The Underdark - it's so beautiful, I love eberything there - the looks, the music, the myconid colony. Not the bulette though, she often bugs out on me
- I had a hilarious moment, when I prepared an ambush for the minotaurs and then the bulette showed up, mid fight. She and one minotaur had a going at each other and we sat back and just watched the show, after hacing dealt with the other minotaur. The bulette killed the second mino and just disappeared again.
- I love Arabella and her parents, I always make sure, to save her
- Whispering Depths. wonderfully creepy. Is anyone else thinking, that the high elf, who's note we find, is the phase spider matriarch now? Or is it just me?
- playing a githyanki - and now a drow - and seeing, that the npcs actually react to you.
- and I wish, I could wear those druid armors, especially Kaghas, love the look
- Kaghas redemption arc. I do find it surprisingly fitting and a bit touching
- being able to actually talk your way out of fights - especially nice, if you can do it with deception.

There is a lot more, but this should be enough for now. I'm curious, what your favorite moments are

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by fylimar
the whole auntie Ethel storyline - it's so creepy, especially her lair and meeting her victims
Love this part, especially that the area outside can look either beautiful or creepy. I also like the boss fight.

finding out that Halsin actually join your camp

Agree!!!! Next I want to find out that Halsin can be a companion. smile

A few other moments I liked::

• The opening scene in the mindflayer ship
  • The scene with Raphael
  • The details in the druid grove: As op mentioned, the druid armor is great and also the decorations
  • I love the small scenes with companions, such as Gale's mirror image scene (although unfortunately I missed a lot of them!)
  • Moments when I could select flavor text (such as for wizards) in dialogue: These make the game feel reactive to your character, and I wish they would add even more smile

@fylimar
This is great post, love it !!! you sum it all and I even learned few things:

- the companions reactions to Abdiraks offer and his reaction, if you answer with 'Try it and loose a hand' - I laughed so hard
- I had a hilarious moment, when I prepared an ambush for the minotaurs and then the bulette showed up, mid fight. She and one minotaur had a going at each other and we sat back and just watched the show, after hacing dealt with the other minotaur. The bulette killed the second mino and just disappeared again.

Personally, I love going in the underdark from the big hole near the spider matriarch.

thanks !

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud. After a bit, you realize the pig enjoys it.
R
enthusiast
enthusiast
R
- the whole auntie Ethel storyline - it's so creepy, especially her lair and meeting her victims

I agree, her character is wonderfully creepy.

Is anyone else thinking, that the high elf, who's note we find, is the phase spider matriarch now? Or is it just me?

From the diaries, it is pretty clear that is what she wanted, but it is not clear that she succeeded. The skeleton with the web-walking boots was probably hers, so she didn't just transform, but she could have been reborn.

I did creep though the Whispering Depths and the Underdark expecting to be jumped by a High Elf Drider - or would that be Hi-ider? Even though it wasn't there it enhanced the game by having me looking over my shoulder, that little story really added to the general creepiness of the level.

T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
My favorite moments:

The first time I hit character creation - realizing I am playing a top-down RPG but can have a character that can look like THAT - was incredible.

When I realized I can kill Astarion instead of being forced to continue the conversation after he had pulled a knife - it felt like a real D&D moment to me - freedom - instead of the typical videogame railroad.

Seconding Auntie Ethel quest's - there's a couple of amazing ones. E.G. when entire illusion of the swamp is dispelled in real time - that was a holy $%@t moment for me.

Using featherfall to traverse the outside of Mystra Cleric tower - it was one of those moments where I felt like this game was giving me a different RP experience even compared to some of my other favorite CRPGs.

Realizing how much interactions changed when I put on my drow disguise to get into the Goblin camp. Then learning about all the other reactivity (i.e. Shadowheart and your race, etc).

fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Starlights
@fylimar
This is great post, love it !!! you sum it all and I even learned few things:

Personally, I love going in the underdark from the big hole near the spider matriarch.

thanks !

Your welcome. I never used the hole in the spider pit, despite doing that quest very early in game, should try that someday.

@Rbarbare: About the high elf - that corpse with the spiderboots could have been a looter that got killed by the spiders though. Maybe the high elf lady did succeed. I wonder, if we ever will find out. There is a journal entry, where she wrote: 'Today, I found the house of Lolth, and I shall be it's Matriarch'. That was, what made me think, she could be that spider matriarch - a bit like becoming a broodmother in Dragon Age, only she did do it willingly.

I'm playing as a drow for the first time ever and it is hilarious, how frightened the goblins are. I seldom have to do any check, they just let me pass. Even Spike was frightened of me.

There are a lot of conversations I love - Gales 'Go to hell' for example or when you finally succeed in getting to know Shadowhearts secret. The first conversation with Halsin is great too - and the party with the tieflings after you defeated the goblins.

There are a lot of npcs, I would love to have as companions: Alfira mostly, Karlach, Halsin, Abdirak, that funny deep gnome, you can free at the windmill - I love his character 'When we meet again ... well... we will have met again' laugh

Last edited by fylimar; 07/02/21 04:52 PM.

Doctor Who
S
addict
addict
S
Top of my head I laughed at some of the responses when I cast Speak with the Dead on Auntie Ethel’s corpse.

Some of my favorite moments:

- Gale freaking out about Nettie
- Punching Aradin
- The moment after making a Gith, realizing comments on the environment were Gith specific.
- The tadpole fever scene with Lae'zel and the different ways it can end
- Lae'zel freaking out after the Gith Patrol and the voice acting and dialogue choices of that scene

Some More or Less Specific:

- first time gaining an inspiration point in the scene with the wounded Mindflayer.
- first experience of Astarion and Lae'zel's dialogue and mannerisms
- the tension of expecting both Lae'zel and Astarion to back stab me on my first playthrough
- Accidentally, and unceremoniously killing Halsin in a route where I was saving the Grove
- Kagha not thanking me in that run where she's still First Druid
- 3rd playthrough when I finally realized Shared Initiative was a thing
- Roleplaying a character that connected with Wyll about wrestling with inner demons
- The time I managed to have Gale die in the fight with the wounded Mindflayer. Resisting the impulse to reload even as my character was locked in a cutscene and taking Necrosis damage. Scapegoating him for the rest of the playthorugh.

R
enthusiast
enthusiast
R
The goblin camp was fantastic, isolating the different commanders so you could take them out individually getting to scout out the location before deciding when, where and if to fight.

addict
addict
Walking into caves and dungeons because being in interior locations is the only way to be spared from the grossly unnecessary overdrawing of the entire visible world for miles at all times because of the lack of a sensible and easy-to-implement fog of war, resulting in a decent framerate for a change.

I don't want to fall to bits 'cos of excess existential thought.

addict
addict
Interesting thread!

- I liked fall to Underdark, I didn't even know there was another location under the location!
- scene with Abdirak really cool
- first resurrection of Gale and his "rules"
- fight with spider boss, unforgettable, because I spent more than two hours on it...
- Volo therapy also unforgettable
- Astarion romance scene... even without the scene itself, just his words and voice acting... divine (God bless Neil)

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
O
OcO Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
O
First time I looked out into the stretching UnderDark from the walls of the Temple was awesome.

Change from Sunny Wetlands to Creepy Swamp was great to.

Last edited by OcO; 08/02/21 06:42 AM. Reason: Word swap
enthusiast
enthusiast
My spider companion falling on Astarion and squishing him, while he was in the middle of snark.

Damn that was satisfying.

N
N
snark?

fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Anfindel
My spider companion falling on Astarion and squishing him, while he was in the middle of snark.

Omg, that sounds hilarious grin

I managed to get to the Underdark via Whispering Depths still level 3 and no match for bulette or minotaur, to get the nice looking drow armor for my character, and survived. Took a lot of scheming and Sneaking, but I got the armor and got back up.

Doctor Who
S
addict
addict
S

That spider has caused more deaths than the monsters.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by spectralhunter

That spider has caused more deaths than the monsters.

The most annoying this about it is that it won’t do that to enemies in combat on command.

veteran
veteran
smiling to myself when Lae'zel threatened me with "help me get out and kill these guys or else". Politeness goes a long way as those Tieflings learned.

fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
As a rogue being able to rob anyone - apart from Ethel, her saving throws are too high.

Saving the spiders in the goblin camp. They helped me killing Minthara after that.

Doctor Who
fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Just found out, that I can poison the goblins in the camp outside of the Shattered Sanctum. Made the fight much easier. I never saw the basin with the beer before.
And I robbed the halfling trader of all her good stuff and money, then killed her (because slaver) and got the money and the good stuff again. It's good to be an adventurer.

Doctor Who
enthusiast
enthusiast
Auntie Ethel's storyline and everything surrounding it (tie-in letters, the stoopid Gur, the "sheep"...) is a masterpiece from beginning to end. So mythical, so creepy, what a well-written villain.

The Underdark was... unexpected. I thought that the game would end after the party, but nope, it didn't, and suddenly I'm Alice in Wonderland but make it deadly. Astarion also delivered his most malicious, sheer evil lines to date in there, he's shaping up to be an extraordinary villain if the game branches that way.

I got stuck alone in the Underdark Tower, exploring it to my leisure, and it was a fantastic moment; it almost felt like a different game. Very refreshing.

I liked how sad and lonely the Grove feels after the Tieflings leave; they truly brought a spark to the place that the druids can't recover, and that harp, the abandoned objects, makes the scene feel so melancholic. It was a great touch.

And of course the pets.

fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Yeah, auntie Ethel is a highlight - and tehre isn't really a happy end there. Most of her victims are traumatized, you can't really bring Mayrinas husband back as anything else than a walking corpse and there is the prospect of facing Ethels sisters in the future (at least the one in Baldurs Gate, I guess). The teahouse has one of the best dungeons so far in the game.
And yes, love the Underdark, so beautiful and yet so deadly.

I hope, we will see the Tieflings again in Baldurs Gate. I'm pretty sure, Mol is our introduction into the thieves guild and we might meet Alfira singing in one of the taverns.

Doctor Who
fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I just stumbled accidently into the fight against the spider matriarch with nearly no spells left - and survived to tell the tale grin

Doctor Who
P
addict
addict
P
When I let the Bard continue with his tadpole removal procedure and got lobotomized. That made me both cringe and laugh!

enthusiast
enthusiast
Walked into the swamp near Auntie's place with "Speak with Animals" fired up, found out the "sheep" weren't really "sheep" and then never had to fight them.

fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I was just going down to the Underdark from the goblin camp to open up the portal down there and then decided to go for that nice drow armor. Of course the bulette attacked. And somehow I not only mangaed to keep the party alive, but to kill the bulette without it slipping away. Normally it takes me three or four encounters, before I can kill it, because it normally burrows itself and scurries away. Yay, no more pesky bulette for the rest of this playthrough grin

Doctor Who
T
Banned
Banned
T
The Crypt area to enter that place with level 2 party (higher level then that is way to easy). Find the SUPERNATURAL threat and I will not spoil and tell what that is.
Perfect music also in that area and effects when exploring. I like Action and Horror movies.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by Terminator2020; 21/02/21 08:58 PM.
fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I finished the playthrough with my tiefling wizard Miya Soral before the new patch arrived, now I'm free to wait for the druid class to land.
Did the Astarion romance with Miya and despite her being mostly good, it kind of worked.

I really was very happy with this character, I might recreate her as a bard, when that class is available.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Doctor Who
fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Ok, that was funny: I saved that guy in teh SHattered Sanctum, who was about to be thrown to the spiders - and then he ran into the moonbeam, my druid conjured and died jawdrop

Doctor Who
old hand
old hand
How do you have time to save that guy?

Optimistically Apocalyptic
fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Dexai
How do you have time to save that guy?

I don't know. I did all the usual stuff in the temple - taking care of Spike and freeing the prisoner, freeing Volo, robbing and then killing the Zhentarim slaver, talking to Abdirak - and even kill Gut and open the passage to the Underdark.
What I did different this round was, that I haven't freed teh spiders, since that lock is not pickable anymore and when I came to the back of the temple, two goblins were thretening the guy. I fought them and he thanked me and then ran straight into my moonbeam.
I did reload and opened the spider cave with attacks on the door and he came crushing down as always. I think, if you leave the spiders in that cave, you can save him, otherwise not.

Doctor Who
old hand
old hand
I'm gonna have to try to save him myself this playthrough.

I'm also gonna stop him from going full moth

stranger
stranger
I was attonished when I fought with ogres in the ruinous house.

I placed my wizard in the second floor safely, ready to launch the rest of the party against monster when....plaf, one of the ogres stroke the pillar near to him and then my wizard fell hitting hard and broken his bones.

Incredible IA. Then I thought okay, this is my game.

That's a silly one ..

On my way to go kill the beholder with my Rogue/Solo, I just realized that I can pick pocket the petrified Drows, while being in stealth. You have to do it before the fight start.

@fylimar your "Miya Soral" is really beautiful. smile

Last edited by Starlights; 06/03/21 11:38 PM.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud. After a bit, you realize the pig enjoys it.
One "cool" moment is when you going down to the Underdark from the Spider matriarch hole:

I have been trying to screenshot the one where you can see the character landing on her feet for so long, I think I am at my 20th reload ..

fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
That's a silly one ..

On my way to go kill the beholder with my Rogue/Solo, I just realized that I can pick pocket the petrified Drows, while being in stealth. You have to do it before the fight start.

@fylimar your "Miya Soral" is really beautiful. smile

Thank you, she is one of my favorite characters. I might recreate her as a warlock. Or a bard, when that class is available.

I normally destroy the petrified drow before triggering the fight, so that the spectator can't revive them.

I threehitted Ethel yesterday: Astarion started with sbeak attack, then Shadowheart joined in with Inflict wound, then she rolled a good initiative, rolled a crit with IW and Gale gave Ethel the rest with magic missile, while my druid idled away in badger form and didn't even get to attack.
Sneaking is a bit overpowered sometimes.

Last edited by fylimar; 07/03/21 05:40 AM.

Doctor Who
Hi @fylimar,

Thank you, she is one of my favorite characters. I might recreate her as a warlock. Or a bard, when that class is available.

When you say "recreate her", do you mean that you chose the same race with same configuration (head/eyes) with same name but with a different Class ?

thanks !

fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Hi @fylimar,

When you say "recreate her", do you mean that you chose the same race with same configuration (head/eyes) with same name but with a different Class ?

thanks !

Yes, I already did that in fact. Made her a warlock with a red color scheme, same face and hair, but different tattoo. I'm currently playing my druid still, but after that, I will probabyl play her,

I was lazy in game today, so I barrelmanced Minthara and managed to get the gobbos on the otehr side of the bridge too - it was a really nice firework.
And I do love the cionematic of Shadowhearts romance scene - I never saw that before, since I started playing with patch 3. She is usually my goto romance, as annoying as she can be, I find her romance the most natural to progress.

Doctor Who
fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I had to laugh yesterday. I was in the Underdark and about to get rid of the minotaurs. I had Wyll, Gale, Shadowheart and my rogue Lyra in the party. Wyll summond a mephit to lure the minotaurs to startegic better placwe. But all the little chap had to do is stand there and watch, while the minotaurs and the bulette were fighting. The bulette killed one of the minos and was down to 10 hp, but before I could go in and finish her off, she vanished. We killed off the second mino and started looking for the now injured bulette, but she didn't appear at her usual spots. Still, it was fun.

The last time, the bulette appeared, when I was trying to fight the Hooked Horrors and the mad mage and it was chaos all around. You can say what you want, but the bulette is fun at parties.

Doctor Who
A
addict
addict
A
A miscalculation on my part in the battle against the iron flask resident resulted in the following outcome: iron flask resident dead, Gale, Astarion and Wyll also dead (the latter two finished off by Gale's aura) and my druid the last one standing with a total of 1 hp. laugh

fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by ash elemental
A miscalculation on my part in the battle against the iron flask resident resulted in the following outcome: iron flask resident dead, Gale, Astarion and Wyll also dead (the latter two finished off by Gale's aura) and my druid the last one standing with a total of 1 hp. laugh

Wow, that was a close call. Had something similar in my first playthroug hagainst the bulette, when I didn't really know, what to expect.

Doctor Who
S
addict
addict
S
second favorite game moment: meeting omeluum in the myconid colony

favorite game moment of all time: exploring the arcane tower in the underdark, and finding out how to repair the elevator.... glorious

fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
The arcane tower is fun.Finding and reading all those books and then talk to the droid/robot.
Omeluum is great too, maybe we will see him again later.

I love the myconid colony too. They are so very well done. I want a myconid companion.

Last edited by fylimar; 25/03/21 06:00 PM.

Doctor Who
journeyman
journeyman
Throwing the ball for Scratch (even if it's a bit buggy).

The first time I saw the owlbear cub's big blinking eyes. So adorable. Dear Larian: please make a plush owlbear cub.

The Underdark. When I first heard "Underdark" I was thinking it would be tedious, dark, and dreary, but I loved the ambience: the glowing insects, phosphorescent fungi, the myconid colony, and even the fish folk. It felt like a darker version of the Secret World of Og. In fact, I was so caught up in exploring it, that I almost forgot to rescue Halsin. hahaha I was glad to see that there was a dialogue option letting him know I'd already found and cleared out the Underdark outpost. delight

Last edited by Maiandra; 26/03/21 03:02 AM.
fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I agree, the Underdark is beautiful. If not for that pescy bulette, it would be perfect.

There is a bug with the ball throwing? I never encountered any problems.

Doctor Who
A
addict
addict
A
I agree, the Underdark is beautiful. If not for that pescy bulette, it would be perfect.

I'm not sure if it counts as a bug, but my druid managed to accidentally hit Scratch once and he turned hostile, and then the entire camp went mortal combat. Maybe they could make it so that the ball deals no damage and therefore doesn't count as a weapon.

But I have a funny moment caused by this "mortal combat" behaviour of npcs that are not in the party. On an evil playthrough attempt my pc attacked the fishermen as they were running away. This happened in Astarion's line of sight, who turned hostile, shouted something about not getting away with this and tried to defend them.

Last edited by ash elemental; 26/03/21 10:12 AM.
fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Astarion of all people tried to defend some innocents? That has to be a bug. grin

Doctor Who
journeyman
journeyman

Yes, the bulette and the minotaurs were my only complaint.

The first couple times I got the ball from the dog in the dialogue, it either disappeared or I couldn't throw it. Very odd. I'm not sure what was different between those times and the most recent time when it worked.

fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
That is strange, but there are still some weird bugs around.

Doctor Who
fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I just had the strangest fight against the spider matriarch. First, I did send my rogue (my pc) down to kill the eggs below, but for some reason, the whole group followed. I did unlink my girl before destroying the eggs. Luckily, this didn't start the fight. Then I had a disconnect after I killed both spiders below without the matriarch noticing. Then I came back in, managed only to kill one of the spiders and decided to go up to destroy the rest of the eggs and start the fight.

I had another disconnect. Luckily I saved.

Then Lae'zel became stuck and couldn't move for a while. And then finally, I destroyed the remaining eggs and started the fight, but couldn't get the webs on fire, so we had to get the matriarch down the old fashioned way - good old hack'n'slay.

I was so glad, I managed in the end, because the whole time I thought, I might get another disconnect and would have to start again. I don't like spiders very much, so I'm always glad, when that fight is over. I don't know, why I even bother with it, I'm not always going after the Necromancy of Thay, since it doesn't do much in EA. Later it will be interesting, what will happen, if you give it to Astarion or Gale, but for now, it's just meh.

Anyway, I was never that glad, that fight was over without another problem. I escaped the Whispering Depths so quickly, that I didn't even go into the cave of that high elf. I normally like to read her notes, because it's a nice, creepy story, but this time, I just ran all the way back out.

I'm still for some reason convinced, that the high elf ended up being the matriarch - or at least one of the phase spiders.

Doctor Who
apprentice
apprentice
Definitely the party with the tieflings, It felt really rewarding after all the hard work defeating monsters, also the romance part was cool, since I wasn’t expecting my character to get lucky

fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Two hilarious pictures:

This is one of my favorite lines in the game - I really like Barcus Wrood

And Scratch, stealing Wylls moment.

Doctor Who
enthusiast
enthusiast
This game is simply AMAZING. I can't wait to see what the full release version has in store for us!

Some of my favourite moments have been:
- Alfira's song - absolutely beautiful, unexpected and so well done
- Meeting the Owlbears in their cave. Gorgeous creatures. I want to save the mother Owlbear so much! frown
- Everything in the Auntie Ethel quest area - just delightfully creepy
- Raphael encounter
- Gale's magical hologram describing how to resurrect him is hilarious
- Scratch makes me smile. Also I love how patting him makes Shadowheart, Gale and Wyll smile (at least the first several times).
- The Underdark looks amazing - love the atmosphere with all the glowing mushrooms.
- Astarion romance scene - the scene itself is under construction, but the things he says and how he says them. OMG.
- Astarion party scene on a different playthrough, where he talks about sex and then goes "Oh no, not with you! I have standards!" I laughed so hard.

old hand
old hand
Yeah my favorite would be:

Kagha showing up to the aftermath party for no reason other than having the parents get justice.

P
addict
addict
P

Everytime I tried to throw the ball towards the dog, it would act as if I attacked it. Once the other party members attacked me for attacking the dog just by playing fetch. That was entertaining.

apprentice
apprentice
Hmm, I see I have missed some nice moments, I should try to adopt the dog this time

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Pandemonica

Everytime I tried to throw the ball towards the dog, it would act as if I attacked it. Once the other party members attacked me for attacking the dog just by playing fetch. That was entertaining.

I think if you throw the ball and accidentally hit the dog, that triggers the attack. You have to throw it near the dog, like a few feet away, but not directly at him. He will run up and fetch the ball and bring it back to you. It's really very cute smile

fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
That's right, don't throw the ball directly at Scratch, throw it a few feet away from him.

Doctor Who
G
addict
addict
G
The first reaction to letting Nettie cure you and finding out she gave you a deadly poison.

apprentice
apprentice
On my second playthrough now, and must say the battle with tieflings against Minthara is pretty epic.

stranger
stranger
My favourite moments.
Arriving in the Underdark and looking at the graphics and design. It is pure beauty.
Getting up on the rafters to let hell loose on Dror Razlin.

Letting Astarion suck my blood. It was such a fun scene. Not only that, but the follow up dialogue is golden.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by footface
Letting Astarion suck my blood. It was such a fun scene. Not only that, but the follow up dialogue is golden.

Yep, absolutely agree smile

enthusiast
enthusiast
Got one more moment to add.. playing BG3 via Steam with my husband, us controlling 2 characters each. While I am talking to an NPC (in this case, the Goblin holding Volo captive, and I'm negotiating his release) he sneaks up using Astarion and simply backstabs the Goblin. One shot = dead. Hubby turns to me and goes "what? I thought it was such an Astarion thing to do." And it was.
Hilarious - and I love the fact that we CAN play the game this way! I can join his games, or he can jump in to mine, take control of a character or two and help me out in a tough fight.

Last edited by Alexandrite; 11/04/21 11:56 PM.
Dez Offline
addict
addict
I've had so many good moments playing the game.

Here are some of my favorite ones, though:

* Aradin raging about being knocked out by an elf. And him still being sour about it when you meet him at the bridge. :']
* Finding the owlbears for the first time and being able to leave peacefully. <3
* Gale saying that *Wyll* is the self-absorbed one. That one had me laughing so hard I almost cried. :'D
* Feeling like a proper ranger at the swamp when you pass all (or most) of the skill-checks. :] I loved the swamp in general, all in all.
* Finding the drow armor for the first time - I was the happiest person alive! <3
* Like many others, I had a good laugh at the companion's reaction to Abdiraks' conversation (and yes, I told him he'd lose a hand if he tried it every single time thus far :'D).
* Just being in the Underdark - I sincerely adore the design.
* Shadowheart's reaction if you pass the skill-check when she "attacks" the camp.

Last edited by Dez; 13/04/21 12:59 AM.

Hoot hoot, stranger! Fairly new to CRPGs, but I tried my best to provide some feedback regardless! <3 Read it here: My Open Letter to Larian
Playing multiplayer with my best friend. We came upon the hag last night. I had done this quest before, but he didn't even know it existed. It was so much fun letting him take the lead, watching how he handled it. He drank from the well, no hesitation whatsoever. He jumped onto the outside balcony and robbed the whole house before even talking to auntie Ethel. He accepted her deal, once again without hesitation.

Then came the traps with the gas. I knew a cheesy way to get rid of the traps, no harm done to my team, but I didn't want to rob him of the experience of figuring out for himself. I said, "you lead the way on this one." He said, "okay" and immediately ran straight through the poisonous gas, from the top of the cave all the way to the bottom, triggering every exploding flower along the way, never once stopping to reconsider his course of action. I am absolutely astounded by his bravery and resolve.

Dez Offline
addict
addict
Originally Posted by footface
Playing multiplayer with my best friend. We came upon the hag last night. I had done this quest before, but he didn't even know it existed. It was so much fun letting him take the lead, watching how he handled it. He drank from the well, no hesitation whatsoever. He jumped onto the outside balcony and robbed the whole house before even talking to auntie Ethel. He accepted her deal, once again without hesitation.

Then came the traps with the gas. I knew a cheesy way to get rid of the traps, no harm done to my team, but I didn't want to rob him of the experience of figuring out for himself. I said, "you lead the way on this one." He said, "okay" and immediately ran straight through the poisonous gas, from the top of the cave all the way to the bottom, triggering every exploding flower along the way, never once stopping to reconsider his course of action. I am absolutely astounded by his bravery and resolve.

That sounds absolutely beautiful. Please tell me your friend intends on playing a barbarian at full release. X'D Only the barbarian can match his brave recklessness.

Hoot hoot, stranger! Fairly new to CRPGs, but I tried my best to provide some feedback regardless! <3 Read it here: My Open Letter to Larian
fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Using Speak with Animals on the animals in the druid grove is hilarious. I especially love the little bird, you can help decorating her nest.

I really like the harpies encounter, they are so creepy and yet the song is so nice.

Raining in Lae'zels parade, when she tries to intimidate Zorru is fun. Especially, since you can get all the info with being nice.

Doctor Who
enthusiast
enthusiast
it seems no one has mentioned this one yet
my favourite one is to let myself get captured by priest Gut and didn't try to break the chain. I wanna see what was gonna happen. Am I gonna end there? (if you are an elf or half-elf, you can't do this because you are immune to sleeping potions and spells). Then plot twist:
boom! A dwarf woman shows up and cut priest Gut throat
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Korrilla Hearthflame. She's a servant of Raphael. If you haven't met Raphael, she won't tell you who's her master.
also, she does weird flex.

fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by ALexws
it seems no one has mentioned this one yet
my favourite one is to let myself get captured by priest Gut and didn't try to break the chain. I wanna see what was gonna happen. Am I gonna end there? (if you are an elf or half-elf, you can't do this because you are immune to sleeping potions and spells). Then plot twist:
boom! A dwarf woman shows up and cut priest Gut throat
Korrilla Hearthflame. She's a servant of Raphael. If you haven't met Raphael, she won't tell you who's her master.
also, she does weird flex.

That is a new one for me. But my last playthroughs was with elfs and half elfs. My ziefling lady sadly is often the target of sleep spells, so maybe I should try that.

I just had the messiest fight against the spider matriarch ever. Since I did forget to save before I botched my stealth to try and take out the eggs before the fight, I thought, I'll give it a try. It was long and tedious and not really fun, since my group was not positioned very well and it was just overall chaos, but in the end, I made it. It helps, if one already knows the bosses, you can still manage to somehow survive in some cases (I don't think, it would have ended that well with the githyanki patrol though).
So yeah, nice gaming moment.

Doctor Who
old hand
old hand
I'm not sure if it's new for this patch or old but I found out last night that when you get assaulted by Laessie after getting the Tadpole shivers you can let her kill you.

She then wiped the floor with the entire rest of the camp and I got a game over.

Very nice!

fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I'm not sure if it's new for this patch or old but I found out last night that when you get assaulted by Laessie after getting the Tadpole shivers you can let her kill you.

She then wiped the floor with the entire rest of the camp and I got a game over.

Very nice!

Who is Laessie? I'm not sure, I've met that character.

Doctor Who
fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Ok, the good thing about Auntie Ethel bugging out on me again up in the teahouse (I killed her and she didn't vanish, liek she normally do) is that I was able to free the halfing lady, one of the masks. I hope, if she is saved, we will see her in Baldurs Gate. It's just sad, that Ethel had to be buggy for that. IManaged to kill her once or twice in the two rounds, she stays in the teahouse for the first fight, but this time, she was clearly bugge, because she opened the fireplace and then just stayed.

Doctor Who
veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
I must admit that i dont have any favourite moment ...
I mean i do, lot of them, but certainly not one wich would be abowe all.

For me tho, its allways incredibly good feeling, when i (usualy mean dices laugh ) screw something completely and by that i find another way to finish something i had no idea about until then. :3 Those are my favourite moments. ^_^

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
I don't think I had a moment in BG3 that I really enjoyed. I think there are some neat moments
dicovering true nature of hags marsh, sneaking into goblin layer, discovering secret basement under blighttown, first battle by the grove's gate
but they are always held up by something - be it small, singular map which ironically highlight artificial nature of the location, or poor combat, or lack of proper set ups and worldbuilding. A lot of stuff with potential, though.

B
apprentice
apprentice
B
The breathe taking views from the balconies of the Arcane Tower.

addict
addict
On my first playthrough, I was roleplaying a half-elf ranger as a woodland cop. Though I would punish those who broke natural law, I tried my best to give all living things a fair shake.

That didn’t pan out great in the blighted village. I repeatedly got my bum handed to me by the ambush and grew to respect the goblins’ might in a full frontal attack. I ended up ambushing the ambush and moving on gingerly toward the goblin camp.

Tensions were high, but I managed to talk my way through the initial guards. Behind them were three goblins drinking at a table. I walked up to one of them:

Gobbo : Tribe?
Oh boy, I’m done for, I thought. I’m not part of any tribe. That goblin is going to call her friends and rip into my entrails.
Tav : *says nothing*
Gobbo : Tribe?!
Man, this is it. I’m gonna die. I should’ve quicksaved. Let’s just say something and get it over with.
Tav : Tribe.
Gobbo, raising her glass : TRIBE!

I genuinely laughed out loud and fell in love with BG3.

Larian, please make accessibility a priority for upcoming patches.
fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I just found out, that if you take your time in rescuing Volo - for example killing the gobbos in the courtyard, defeating Spike, doing Abdiraks penance, robbing the trader blind - , he will free himself. I was wondering, why his jailor was out in the hall and when I cam to his prison cell, he had already freed himself and left. Found him in my camp on my next long rest.
That was kind of funny - it shows, he is not totally useless.

Doctor Who
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Flooter
On my first playthrough, I was roleplaying a half-elf ranger as a woodland cop. Though I would punish those who broke natural law, I tried my best to give all living things a fair shake.

That didn’t pan out great in the blighted village. I repeatedly got my bum handed to me by the ambush and grew to respect the goblins’ might in a full frontal attack. I ended up ambushing the ambush and moving on gingerly toward the goblin camp.

Tensions were high, but I managed to talk my way through the initial guards. Behind them were three goblins drinking at a table. I walked up to one of them:

Oh boy, I’m done for, I thought. I’m not part of any tribe. That goblin is going to call her friends and rip into my entrails.
Man, this is it. I’m gonna die. I should’ve quicksaved. Let’s just say something and get it over with.

She's my favourite gobber too

Very nice!

Oh I mean Lae'Zel by it. I'm trying to make it a thing, please help me laugh

enthusiast
enthusiast
I loved meeting Princess Gut. Love her character design, VA, dialogue. It was my gushing moment in the game. I took so many screenshots of her!!

I also loved when Gale got furious about Nettie trying to poison me. It was so perfect for his character and well acted on the VA’s part.

Also Aradin’s pal with necklace and the teifling kid when he gets all choked up.

Also the Speak to the Dead with Ethel was great.

Also Astarion lying on his back and talking about the stars.

Also Lazael talking about Wyll’s lack of conjugal prowess. I had a equipped a terrible hemet on him and he was standing in the background looking like a doofus while she shredded him. I was dying.

(Ya know…there are some great moments in this game)

Last edited by timebean; 02/11/21 01:06 AM.
addict
addict
First time I met Minthara

I was playing as a cynical self-interested Warlock. As she tried to read my mind I came up with the idea to lead her to the Grove in hopes of laying a trap for her as a way of getting rid of her. I was foolishly thinking she would show up with a similar raiding force as the first battle of the Grove. When I saw her army I figured I was screwed (was really my first playthrough and I was still sucking at combat) so I turned on Zevlor. The ensuing battle was a blur as I had no idea the game could handle that many individual fighting characters. When it was done and I met up with her I was completely taken in by the power of her personality. I then decided my character would go completely in for her and the Absolute (Paris is worth a mass!) and the resulting celebration party and evening encounter was a surprise that blew me away from a story point of view. I was definitely hooked on the game then.

Since then I have many different playthroughs running the gamut of good, neutral and evil, different party compositions and numbers etc, so much variety.

Last edited by Ranxerox; 02/11/21 01:18 AM.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by timebean
Also the Speak to the Dead

(Ya know…there are some great moments in this game)

Have to try and remember to do more of this on my playthroughs.

Last edited by Ranxerox; 02/11/21 01:21 AM.
fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Flooter

She's my favourite gobber too

Very nice!

Oh I mean Lae'Zel by it. I'm trying to make it a thing, please help me laugh

Oh you we're referring to the Scene, where your character feels i'll and Lae'zel tries to kill you. That's an interesting one. It sadly didn't trigger in my last playthroughs.

I killed the gobbo leaders and the whole gobbo camp before freeing Halsin this time. That way, I don't have to kill the gobbo kids so that they can't raise the alarm, which is great.

Doctor Who
addict
addict
Using lazaels superiority die to do the push attack and seeing goblins and others fly like a golf ball….
It’s the little things…

old hand
old hand
I haven't been able to get the scene of Nettie poisoning you to trigger in any of my patch 6 playthroughs, she always just decides I'm too good a guy to kill now and doesn't even try to poison me. It's a shame because I really liked that scene, it gave Nettie a lot of character.

fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I haven't been able to get the scene of Nettie poisoning you to trigger in any of my patch 6 playthroughs, she always just decides I'm too good a guy to kill now and doesn't even try to poison me. It's a shame because I really liked that scene, it gave Nettie a lot of character.

Have yozu tried insisting on her telling you, what that branch does? That was the trigger before patch 6, I think.

Doctor Who
enthusiast
enthusiast
just pick the options that look like "shut up and cure me ASAP. don't ask questions". she will poison you without hesitation.

fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Did they make the owlbear cub even cuter and fluffier? He is so cute.

Doctor Who
fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I freed the spiders in the goblin camp and they killed four goblins from Ragzlins group for me - very nice.

Doctor Who
enthusiast
enthusiast
I freed the spiders in the goblin camp and they killed four goblins from Ragzlins group for me - very nice.
actually, that's how I do double Speak With Dead on mind flyer's corpse. Normally, if you trigger the hobgoblin use the speak with dead on the corpse, you can't cast it again. But when spiders attack, they are drawn away by combat, then you can sneak in do your own speak with the dead.

fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by ALexws
actually, that's how I do double Speak With Dead on mind flyer's corpse. Normally, if you trigger the hobgoblin use the speak with dead on the corpse, you can't cast it again. But when spiders attack, they are drawn away by combat, then you can sneak in do your own speak with the dead.

Nice, have to try that in the next playthrough.

Doctor Who
fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I wanted to use a Level up mod - afetr so many playthroughs, the game always ending at level 4 not even halfway through was not really satisfying. So I started a new playthrough, chose rogue as a class and wood elf and thanks to a mod, I can use my at the moment favorite face - tiefling 1 - for her. It looks more leven than most elven faces anyway. SO I try to find out, how it is to go beyond level 4 in this game - I'm excited.

Doctor Who

- Alfiras song - so beautiful
- the song of the harpies

(1) The squirrels *complaining* about Alfiras song
(2) Going past he harpies and finding their nest
(3) Finding the harper's map in the beginning of the game
(4) morphing into a polar bear and sneaking behind your teammates in multiplayer
(5) Being able to stay out of most conflicts and play "neutral"
(6) Having a much cooler cloak as a sorcerer than as a wizard

addict
addict
I wanted to use a Level up mod - afetr so many playthroughs, the game always ending at level 4 not even halfway through was not really satisfying. So I started a new playthrough, chose rogue as a class and wood elf and thanks to a mod, I can use my at the moment favorite face - tiefling 1 - for her. It looks more leven than most elven faces anyway. SO I try to find out, how it is to go beyond level 4 in this game - I'm excited.

Looks fabulous.

S
SereneNight
Unregistered
SereneNight
Unregistered
S
I'm somewhat fond of the Daisy interludes. I guess because, I like to see how Daisy progresses and I do like the voice acting.

I also find most of Astarion's snarky dialogs rewatch-worthy.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Saving Rugan and Olly in gnolls fight, then saving Rugan from Zentarim. It was fun all around! Also, when Rugan called me a "Beautiful bastard", my heart was skipping a beat.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Takhy-DH
Saving Rugan and Olly in gnolls fight, then saving Rugan from Zentarim. It was fun all around! Also, when Rugan called me a "Beautiful bastard", my heart was skipping a beat.
I bet we will meet him again at Baldur's gate in Act 2. Which may help us deal with Zhentarim or ask for help.

fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I remade my tiefling sorceress with the levelup mod. I want to see new spells.

I love female voice 1 - my favorite so far.

Doctor Who
fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I just accidently killed Astarion during his vampire revealing scene. There was an option to use a weapon, when he tries to drink from you - I thought, it would be like in teh scene, where you meet him, and you just push him away, but no, the next morning, he was lying dead on the ground and Lae'zel was congratulating me for my quick thinking.
He was not in my group, since I play a rogue myself, so no harm done. And it was kind of funny - I picture my woodelf freaking out, when someone touched her during her meditaion and she just slashed around with her knife and got lucky (basically a natural 20 on fending off the attacker).

Doctor Who
S
S
I kind of too much enjoy several scenes for my own comfort but here are they:

Poisoning the goblins: the way my drow was towering above them with a sly smile was priceless. Almost taken from some historical drama.

The Gnoll fight: my sorcerer accidentally was on the front line when the gnoll leader approached. I kind of enjoyed it turning him against his own... Well, what followed was even more disturbing but I guess... necessary. It was a cool surprise moment in a battle that started badly.

A close runner up was the defense of the Grove from the hordes of Minthara. I limited the use of barrels and it was very close.

Last edited by Scales & Fangs; 23/11/21 12:44 AM.
veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
When i realized Auntie Hair is finaly working and my Sorcerer can get to Charisma Score 20. :3

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I'm playing a tiefling druid at the moment and before trying to save Arabella, I used Speak with Animals on myself. I was then able to talk to the snake Teela and explain the situation to her - she was much more understanding than Kagha and actually tells Kagha to stand down. That is so nice. I don't think, you have that option with anyone but a druid, since the option is labelled as the druidic answer.

Doctor Who
fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
And you can bond with the wolf companion of Rath - never knew that. I should use SPeak with Animals more often. The squirrels near Alfira are funny too, if you talk to them.

Doctor Who
veteran
veteran
Agree that Speak with Animals is great! I love being able to talk with all the animals and the Druid dialogue options.😊

Last edited by Icelyn; 31/12/21 06:01 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Loved Rath’s wolf! Poor guy.

stranger
stranger
For me it's definitely the celebration after defeating the goblins. The whole scene was *so* wholesome. Really really well made IMO.

fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
You know, what's funny? With my woodelf rogue, I can't fail a role - especially not, when I try to convince people. She even manages to succeed in roles, where you need a 20 , it's hilarious.

Edit: My rogues luck is getting ridiculous: In the Underdark the group accidently ran into the minotaurs and they both attacked my girl - both missed. I seldom saw one of them miss, now they missed both. She is one lucky girl indeed.

Last edited by fylimar; 01/01/22 06:38 PM.

Doctor Who
fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I just played Grymforge for the first time (not quite finished yet) and was very happy to be able to save Barcus Wode, who is no a camp resident. I promised him to find his friend, so that we can find out, what the gnomes want with the runepowder.

And it was a pleasure to kill Nere - he has to be the most annoying character in the game so far (and I even count Astarion in, who so far held that title for me). His voice is annoying, he is a coward and a very depicable being, even for an Absolute cultist. I happily will present the myconid souvereign his head.

Doctor Who
apprentice
apprentice
My fav moments was watching a stream yesterday and it was his 1st ever play through and he had never played anything like BG3 before nor had any knowledge of D&D rules or gameplay etc, anyways he made it into the Goblin camp and at 1/2 health went up to Priestess Gut realized she was part of his "quest" to save Halsin and attacked her . The look on his face and his exclamation of " Ohhhhhh FK!!!!!" had me literally laughing out loud when he realized he was in deep shite. To his credit he survived. Was the best BG3 Stream I've watched in a long time.

My fav in game moment or voice line is when you save the Gnome
" Ignorance is alive and well it seems!" ... "On that note I bid thee a farewell. If we should meet again ... well, we will have met again"

Also in one of my very 1st play throughs I clicked "Brake Release" and sent him hurtling through the sky

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard