Scribe Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
S
Get your voice heard.

addict
addict
The last thread that encouraged people to leave reviews was locked because the responses to the game weren't overtly positive and didn't reflect well on the sad state of the game. But that thread is "being reviewed" and I'm sure that there's an active mod discussion going on to determine whether or not any rules were broken, and it certainly wasn't just locked to sweep the overwhelming negative responses and encouragement of honest critical reviews under the rug.

I don't want to fall to bits 'cos of excess existential thought.

addict
addict
I have already left a positive review, after 30 hours of playing. Then I played for more than 100 hours and I don't plan to change my review yet. As far as I know in steam BG3 has mostly positive reviews.

Last edited by Nyloth; 08/02/21 03:45 AM.

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
S
Scribe Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
S
I'm not telling folks what to say, but my faith in feedback and change coming from this forum is low.

Get on reddit, get on Steam.

Originally Posted by Tzelanit
The last thread that encouraged people to leave reviews was locked because the responses to the game weren't overtly positive and didn't reflect well on the sad state of the game. But that thread is "being reviewed" and I'm sure that there's an active mod discussion going on to determine whether or not any rules were broken, and it certainly wasn't just locked to sweep the overwhelming negative responses and encouragement of honest critical reviews under the rug.

I think the last thread was locked because people were getting the idea that the OP of that thread was encouraging review bombing.

I like what's in the game so far, so this thread is a reminder for me to leave a review.

old hand
old hand
I wonder if there's an review option that says "it has promise but they need to spend more time on the improvements I want"

Optimistically Apocalyptic
P
apprentice
apprentice
P
Originally Posted by Scribe
Get your voice heard.
Thank you for reminding me to update my review smile. Now I love BG3 even more.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Dexai
I wonder if there's an review option that says "it has promise but they need to spend more time on the improvements I want"

That's what A LOT of positive review are saying. Yes because it's impressive to see 85%+ of positive review, but if you read the "potential" is often reviewed... Not the current experience.

I'll wait to give a review because at the moment... I could give a positive review because the game is beautifull and full of promises... But a bad review could also suit my opinion because it doesn't feel like BG at all, because many great things in D&D just suck in the game and because combats are really really poor.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
M
M
Im in the same shoes, I did not give a review YET as on one hand graphics are beautiful and game has huge potential but i could not give a positive one as i found several gameplay elements (mostly tied to combat) to be a little bit bland and repetitive (which can still change, its early access). I wait under they tweak/polish gameplay a little bit more and give a review then.

T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
Do they keep the reviews from EA once the game releases fully?

old hand
old hand
Yes, but they're marked as "review during EA" and they might reset the score as only counting post release.

Optimistically Apocalyptic
enthusiast
enthusiast

As not even the first chapter is complete and the game is far from complete and available for anyone to play, a "game review" at this time is essentially poppycock--because of right now there is no game to review. Why would I want to review unfinished chapter 1 and pretend I'm writing a game review when it is not yet possible to play BG3? Whatever I would write would not be a review of the game--not even close.

I'm never wrong about anything, and so if you see an error in any of my posts you will know immediately that I did not write it...;)
apprentice
apprentice
34,345 reviews and 88% positive. If people are trying to review bomb this game on Steam they're either vastly outnumbered or doing a shit job of it. Thanks for reminding me to leave a positive review though!

addict
addict
In all honesty, I've been holding off on reviewing the game because it is in early access.

I would give metrics such as

Music: A (not an A+ only because there is not enough of it. Sometimes the Underdark is really quiet and I can't tell if it's a bug.)
Visuals: B+ (For early access everything looks great or is heading that way.)
Voice Acting: A (The quality and quantity of it is blowing my mind.)
Narrative: B+ (I'm worried we may lose plausibility down the road, as long as the story stays plausible it's an A.)
Combat: D+ (Larian has put a high bar with their prior games, combat is currently too repetitive because of generic mechanics being overpowered, etc.)

Most passerby are saying they're doing great for early access. And my early access review wouldn't change that.

addict
addict
I'm not telling folks what to say, but my faith in feedback and change coming from this forum is low.

These forums are just the tiniest snippet of overall impressions, and if the comments present here were all people had to go by, they'd think that this was the game of the century.
The overall perception of the game on the other 99% of the internet is that it's a lackluster and poorly-managed waste of resources that lacks direction.
I, and countless others, have left actual feedback in places where it matters, not just in this place surrounded by cheerleaders and unwavering optimists.

I don't want to fall to bits 'cos of excess existential thought.

These forums are just the tiniest snippet of overall impressions, and if the comments present here were all people had to go by, they'd think that this was the game of the century.
The overall perception of the game on the other 99% of the internet is that it's a lackluster and poorly-managed waste of resources that lacks direction.
I, and countless others, have left actual feedback in places where it matters, not just in this place surrounded by cheerleaders and unwavering optimists.
This is one of the more critical areas of the game's community. I think it's a good mix of people who want the game to be better but are critical, and people who really like it. The reddit has the more optimistic section of the fanbase. And BG3 has overwhelmingly positive reviews on steam, and did pretty well against professional reviewers for an Early Access game, so I sincerely doubt that 99% of people dislike it. Come off it, mate.

I honestly hope you have a most marvelous day!
this place surrounded by cheerleaders and unwavering optimists.

You lost me at the childish insults.

Still, after 630 plus hours (I blame lockdown) happily spent in the game, I suppose I should leave a positive review. Nothing like someone being rude to entrench a mildly held view into a hard one after all wink

veteran
veteran
the edge in this thread is real lol

S
Scribe Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
S
Of course we are not reviewing the game. Thankfully what we have is not remotely close to even a beta.

However that doesn't mean a review cannot be left.

Movement is flawed.
The implementation of 5e is both flawed, and incomplete.
The Spell balancing is completely off.
The Action economy is completely off.

That's information worth noting before someone drops $60 into a black hole.

enthusiast
enthusiast

Yet amazingly the current Steam User Reviews are Very Positive and all the latest posts in the BG3 subReddit are all from players who are enjoying the game.

You don't need to appeal to imaginary "Countless others" to express your opinion.

If you don't like the the game give feedback and suggest changes. That is what Early Access is for.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard