Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 45 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 44 45
N
old hand
old hand
N
Originally Posted by Innateagle
It'd make sense for them to release the next patch in the next few days, and the one after that in January/February. Pretty sure december's gonna be Cyberpunk's month

Cyber what?

No, just kidding. I know where the door is... laugh

veteran
veteran
Can't believe people still think Cyberpunk is a real game:

https://ogn.theonion.com/gamers-we-need-to-come-clean-cyberpunk-2077-is-just-1845368691

Originally Posted by KillerRabbit
Can't believe people still think Cyberpunk is a real game:

https://ogn.theonion.com/gamers-we-need-to-come-clean-cyberpunk-2077-is-just-1845368691

That was all my milk money! Now I cant buy milk for then next 3 months!!!!!

veteran
veteran
I know I won't be spending much time in meatspace for a while soon

G
addict
addict
G
They've started working on Patch 4 but won't even release Patch 3. Company is ridiculous at this point.

veteran
veteran
I wonder... I don't believe most bg3 players think this way. Probably only the die hard fans like us who check the forums several times a day

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
Y
stranger
stranger
Y
Originally Posted by gaymer
They've started working on Patch 4 but won't even release Patch 3. Company is ridiculous at this point.

That's normal though??

The current patch is likely going through QA. I'm assuming you'd rather the devs actually did work on the next patch while QA's working on the current one, rather just sitting there doing nothing until the patch goes out? *shrug*

E
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
E
Patch 4 was Deposed
its a good sign. smile

Last edited by Evil_it_Self; 30/11/20 12:54 PM.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
G
addict
addict
G
Originally Posted by Evil_it_Self
Patch 4 was Deposed
its a good sign. smile

We're ready for Patch 4.

T
journeyman
journeyman
T
Originally Posted by gaymer
Originally Posted by Evil_it_Self
Patch 4 was Deposed
its a good sign. smile

We're ready for Patch 4.

Agreed, after reading Patch 3 notes...*Yawn*. Ready for Patch 4.

G
addict
addict
G
Bump

T
journeyman
journeyman
T
2 month check in...

*Yawn*

Personally, I find the wait time somewhat reassuring. If they're taking so long on this one, that means that it's bound to have something of interest in it. So, looking forward to that.

I honestly hope you have a most marvelous day!
E
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
E
what is that baldur's gate 3 game?
oh right that Dos 3 game form 4 month ago.
did anything changed since ? nope.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
addict
addict
I get why people want major patches but i for one could care less about those.

It's totally fine if they take 6 months or more for the next major patch i don't care. But give us feedback teasers so we can give feedback on those something, anything so we can build community around it! We all know how small, broke ass companies do their EAs. You did it for years so why stop? If a guy can solo code for 12 hours and then post on the forum for few more hours??? There is no reason why a company of 300 can't do it.

Let us be part of the development that was the main reason for EA your words not my. EA to make the game better!!

You did it for Dos 8 years ago when you were broke, so you can do it now! Years later multiple millions from us. Not like it takes a week to make and post a video like that.

And everyone who can read knows what work in progress is so there is no reason not to post!

Btw posts on your twitter on how you're making next patch or if or when you're flooding - whatever is bunch of empty worlds and it's pointless. It just makes studios PR look bad, like amateurs are running lt.

Everyone knows you didn't leave and left the game to die after all it's your golden goose.

People just want to see teasers. The same reason why League of Leagues gives feedback, like skins and champions feedback on changes. So people feel connected to the game how hard is to understand? They have 140 million players learn something from them.

https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/news/dev/

And that's just for dev feedback not counting game launcher info, patch notes, twitters and other platforms. Learn and get you money! 1 billion a year learn from the best... And trust me no one would talk about floods at Riot even if they happen.

Ow and if anyone thinks i'm asking for to much, here is just a snap from BG 3 GoG store site. Maybe you should change those.

"How can I get a better sense of what's to come during development?"

"Check out the game's forums for a better idea of where the game is heading, and a chance to talk to the devs about the future of their game."

Now this would be expecting to much "talk to the devs about the future of their game" but it still happens with devs that care.

Tease tease tease... fuel that hype train! No need for patches if you tease people.

Last edited by Lastman; 09/02/21 11:40 PM.
veteran
veteran
Maybe we will get something for Valentine's Day. smile

enthusiast
enthusiast
I'm a bit bored as well with all this waiting. I don't even want story spoils. I just want to see Paladin Oath of vengeance and the other party members. I especially want to see the good party members to see the difference between their idea of good and evil. I also want to see how many good party members are actually getting in so I have a better idea of what kind of game I'll be playing.

I'll be moderately content to just theory craft builds for my party from then till release.

Last edited by Aishaddai; 10/02/21 03:11 AM.
L
addict
addict
L
They seem to be enjoying this aura of mystery and these big, high-production value reveals. As someone who works in a creative agency, this is a bad way to collaborate. The client (in this case us, the EA ‘backers’) either feels like they’re settling for something not quite what they asked for or the studio has to do a lot of extra work to bring it in line. Communicating effectively can avoid all of this.

Originally Posted by LukasPrism
They seem to be enjoying this aura of mystery and these big, high-production value reveals. As someone who works in a creative agency, this is a bad way to collaborate. The client (in this case us, the EA ‘backers’) either feels like they’re settling for something not quite what they asked for or the studio has to do a lot of extra work to bring it in line. Communicating effectively can avoid all of this.

Early Access doesn't mean made-to-order, and even if it did not all players want the same things. The responsibility for creating a fun game with effectively inter-locking systems is Larian's. Designing to specs laid down by the noisiest players doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

M
M
Originally Posted by Imryll
Originally Posted by LukasPrism

Early Access doesn't mean made-to-order, and even if it did not all players want the same things. The responsibility for creating a fun game with effectively inter-locking systems is Larian's. Designing to specs laid down by the noisiest players doesn't seem like a good idea to me.
Early Access also doesn't mean to take the money and run with it. Everyone is allowed to have a different opinion on how close Larian should follow feedback but weeks and months of practically radio silence and not engaging any conversation with the people paying for your work isn't really a sign of being at eye level with your customers. Sure, some people are fine with that and that's ok but some people are expecting a little bit more when they take their time to test everything (basically doing the work others get paid for) and provide suggestions and feedback about what could be done differently. And honestly, just a little weekly or biweekly community update about how things are going and what is being worked on and discussed with the team would go a long way. People are not expecting a two-page article every single time, just a little update.
And again, if you personally don't care about such things, that's fine as well.

Page 9 of 45 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 44 45

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard