Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Banned
Banned
Originally Posted by Umbra
Originally Posted by Tzelanit
this place surrounded by cheerleaders and unwavering optimists.

You lost me at the childish insults.

Still, after 630 plus hours (I blame lockdown) happily spent in the game, I suppose I should leave a positive review. Nothing like someone being rude to entrench a mildly held view into a hard one after all wink

Not mocking you or anyone, but what are y'all doing for 200+ hours in a 20 hours demo? Genuinely curious. I remember getting on a crazy Witcher 2 spree a few years back but after the 6th or so consecutive game i was done with life lmao

S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by Innateagle
Not mocking you or anyone, but what are y'all doing for 200+ hours in a 20 hours demo? Genuinely curious. I remember getting on a crazy Witcher 2 spree a few years back but after the 6th or so consecutive game i was done with life lmao

They are testing out every class and every possible dialogue option. Not to mention different tactics. I can see 200+ hours. I can’t do it myself but it’s very possible.

Exploring, experimenting and trying to experience all the developers have given us.

addict
addict
I've spent 100 hours just on Warlock, Wizard, and Ranger.

S
Scribe Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
S
You folks are amazing. I know I played a bunch offline, but not even close to 100.

Are you D&D players? Because I know what should be there, and what simply isn't up to par, so why test it again?

addict
addict
I'm in two 5e campaigns (High-Elf Wizard, Half-Orc Druid) and I'm setting up to DM Candlekeep Mysteries.

There's a lot more to the game than just combat, and I'm open to Larian winning me over with homebrew if it's good.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Scribe
You folks are amazing. I know I played a bunch offline, but not even close to 100.

Are you D&D players? Because I know what should be there, and what simply isn't up to par, so why test it again?

I've never played DnD.

I played for different classes, evil/good way and I played only with Astarion to open all his dialogues. Because they don't open if you're traveling with other companions. Especially if you're traveling with a Shadow.

Every time I find something new, for example, I only recently learned that it is possible to poison the booze in goblin camp. I just never knew about this method.

+ I had to replay game after patch 3 because it deleted my saves. So I have 169h now.

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
Originally Posted by DragonSnooz
I'm in two 5e campaigns (High-Elf Wizard, Half-Orc Druid) and I'm setting up to DM Candlekeep Mysteries.

There's a lot more to the game than just combat, and I'm open to Larian winning me over with homebrew if it's good.

Agree 100%. I'm far more focused on and excited by how Larian is trying to implement interactivity and reactivity into the game. I honestly think in terms of top down RPGs, it's one of the first time someone has done so much in those areas.

To me, that's far more important than the ruleset implementation. The world, the character and narratives is far more important to me.

It's a work in progress, but I'm seeing tons of potential in that regard.

Last edited by Topgoon; 09/02/21 02:46 AM.
S
Scribe Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
S
[Linked Image from new-cdn.mamamia.com.au]

U
stranger
stranger
U
I'm not telling folks what to say, but my faith in feedback and change coming from this forum is low.

Get on reddit, get on Steam.

These forums are just the tiniest snippet of overall impressions, and if the comments present here were all people had to go by, they'd think that this was the game of the century.
The overall perception of the game on the other 99% of the internet is that it's a lackluster and poorly-managed waste of resources that lacks direction.
I, and countless others, have left actual feedback in places where it matters, not just in this place surrounded by cheerleaders and unwavering optimists.

WE WON BY A LOT !

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Umsche
I'm not telling folks what to say, but my faith in feedback and change coming from this forum is low.

Get on reddit, get on Steam.

These forums are just the tiniest snippet of overall impressions, and if the comments present here were all people had to go by, they'd think that this was the game of the century.
The overall perception of the game on the other 99% of the internet is that it's a lackluster and poorly-managed waste of resources that lacks direction.
I, and countless others, have left actual feedback in places where it matters, not just in this place surrounded by cheerleaders and unwavering optimists.

WE WON BY A LOT !

Idk wut this guy mean.

On this forum, people are very critical about game, I have never seen more criticism than here. And this is a criticism of the level "this game is not like BG2". Outside of this forum, I only see very good reviews. Especially from players who did not play old BG and did not play DnD. And this is not a small %, believe me. In many countries, this game was not even advertised as a "DnD" game. So for us, it's just a video game in RPG genre. And for its genre, it really feels very good. Given the fact, of course, that this is the early access.

I don't know what "sources" he is talking about, but in steam and on YouTube I see only good things about this game. Where is this 99% of the internet???

D
D
Originally Posted by Nyloth
On this forum, people are very critical about game, I have never seen more criticism than here.
I strongly believe (with no way to actually prove that) that people here on Larian forums will generally have MUCH more hours played on average than your average Steam/YouTube/Reddit/Twitch reviewer/streamer. Just consider all those "Joined: Oct-Dec 2020" people (like you or me), creating an account just to provide feedback on this one specific game.

And that's the thing, lots of the issues and problems (that are not obvious bugs/glitches) start bothering people AFTER their first playthrough. Especially the combat system starts showing in its naked half-baked abusable glory only once you figure out most of its ins and outs - I kinda enjoyed it for the bigger part of my 1st EA playthrough. But if the whole game were like that, I would probably start suffering in Act II and probably set game to easy/story mode in Act III to skip combat parts as quickly as possible... Same goes for camera, interface (+inventory management) and party controls. It's OK for the first ~20 hours of the game (especially considering EA), but it gets tedious quickly and once you realize the game might take 100 hours+ and that Larian has given us no indication (in a community post OR actual patch - save for the companions jumping that got fixed in patch 3) that they are going to improve these things...

And this is a criticism of the level "this game is not like BG2".
Now you're just trolling...

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Topgoon
Originally Posted by DragonSnooz

To me, that's far more important than the ruleset implementation. The world, the character and narratives is far more important to me.
Don't think there should be a choice. Just do both.

T
Banned
Banned
T
[quote=Umsche] I have never seen more criticism than here. And this is a criticism of the level "this game is not like BG2". Outside of this forum, I only see very good reviews. Especially from players who did not play old BG and did not play DnD.
Really? I am not some 20ies year player. I did play BG1 and BG2 a long time ago indeed. That said many that did play BG1 and BG2 were not adults when they played example 12-15 (I keep my age secret) years old I did play with my brother in LAN at my parents home and that you usually do when you are not adult.

You can check my taste in music in thread
"BG1 & BG2 worth it while waiting ?"
and I would say most people would say it not ancient music that I like for sure. Oh and in martial arts people still respect me I am fit.

I am D&D and BG gamer... and there are lots really lots of people who have tried D&D paper at least some version at some point in their lives.
Here is my True verdict of BG3:
+ Story is good.
+ Graphics are good.
+ Combat is fairly good.
+ Music and sound effects are good.
+ System requirements fairly ok. I mean at least lots less then example Cyperpunk 2077.
+ Support turn based combat.
+ Have a bit D&D feeling.
+ Support solo play and up to maximum 4 players cooperative play.
+ Ok companions.
Neutral: To early to judge it is ALPHA and only part of Act 1 and not all classes or Cleric domains that exist in players handbook are not released at least yet.
Neutral: Perhaps some bugs exist, but nothing game breaking for me right now.
Neutral: Early Access is only in Normal difficulty setting. It would be interesting to test other difficulty settings.
Neutral: I do hope we can get more good alignment companions in Act 2 for a change.
- Camera control is average at best. Seriously? WOW MMO camera control: 5/5 stars, Nevewinter MMO camera control 4/5 stars... Baldurs Gate 3 camera control 3/5 stars and yes I know you can in Combat press O and get tactical overview, but even that feels slightly clumsy.
- Well I do understand that some D&D players would it like to more according to D&D rules. Doctor give me some medicine please? Doctor: Naah I have played BG3. Here eat this apple if you still are sick then eat some more food!
- While I do like turnbased combat why not give option to voluntary unpause combat?
My score: 8.5/10.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 09/02/21 06:20 PM.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Innateagle
Originally Posted by Umbra
this place surrounded by cheerleaders and unwavering optimists.

You lost me at the childish insults.

Still, after 630 plus hours (I blame lockdown) happily spent in the game, I suppose I should leave a positive review. Nothing like someone being rude to entrench a mildly held view into a hard one after all wink

Is it quoted to be only 20 hours or is this just something you made up in your head?

My solo play took (been a while) roughly 40-60 hours, I had a multi game with couple buddies don't recall how long that lasted, and what specter mentioned testing. I have roughly 180 hours now and there was a thread on the forums for people that made it passed 100 hours I think.

Edit*
For the OP topic, I'll hold off on the review till full release (That's if I even do a review, normally don't). Game is overall entertaining and I am a Larian fan, doubt it'll end up being like Greedfall. So if I do make one it'll be positive.

Last edited by fallenj; 09/02/21 06:25 PM.
veteran
veteran
I think steam has been lost to the trolls. Sure, leave the review if you like, but I always take steam reviews with a grain of salt.

When I'm deciding whether I want to spend money on game I give the greatest weight to the recommendations made by other people who like the same things I do. Apparently I need to play Disco Elysium -- even though it doesn't look like my kind of game.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by DiDiDi
On this forum, people are very critical about game, I have never seen more criticism than here.
I strongly believe (with no way to actually prove that) that people here on Larian forums will generally have MUCH more hours played on average than your average Steam/YouTube/Reddit/Twitch reviewer/streamer. Just consider all those "Joined: Oct-Dec 2020" people (like you or me), creating an account just to provide feedback on this one specific game.

And that's the thing, lots of the issues and problems (that are not obvious bugs/glitches) start bothering people AFTER their first playthrough. Especially the combat system starts showing in its naked half-baked abusable glory only once you figure out most of its ins and outs - I kinda enjoyed it for the bigger part of my 1st EA playthrough. But if the whole game were like that, I would probably start suffering in Act II and probably set game to easy/story mode in Act III to skip combat parts as quickly as possible... Same goes for camera, interface (+inventory management) and party controls. It's OK for the first ~20 hours of the game (especially considering EA), but it gets tedious quickly and once you realize the game might take 100 hours+ and that Larian has given us no indication (in a community post OR actual patch - save for the companions jumping that got fixed in patch 3) that they are going to improve these things...

And this is a criticism of the level "this game is not like BG2".
Now you're just trolling...

It's just ridiculous, this is what I actually saw on forum, not trolling.
The point is that I don't understand where is that "99% of the Internet".

Yes, some of these people spent about 20 hours on EA, left a good review and forgot about it before release. So what difference if it make them satisfied? I mean this dude write like on this forum we're too kind for this game, but it's not true. That what I mean.

I'm not saying that this "99% of the Internet is right", many things that are discussed here are correct. I'm just saying that many outside of this forum, just happy with game.

Originally Posted by Terminator2020
Really?

None of my friends or colleagues have ever played DnD. We've all heard of this game, but we've never played it. Please, your experience is not universal. This is also affected by the country in which you were born. So yea, rly.

T
Banned
Banned
T
None of my friends or colleagues have ever played DnD. We've all heard of this game, but we've never played it. Please, your experience is not universal. This is also affected by the country in which you were born. So yea, rly.
That is the most stupid statement I have heard for a long time indeed. As for each country in Europe now I do not know what they play, but I doubt a colleague will come to you on break and say hey I played D&D 10 years ago or I am now playing.

When I come to a workplace do you think I have D&D mentioned in my CV or that I talk about with my work colleagues? No.

I also have friends that are not into gaming at all at any platform and a some friends that if they play they use console like Playstation or Xbox.

Personally I have never played newest D&D 5th edition but I have now read through Players Handbook DD5th for this game.
None of my friends have ever played any Larian released game. I played DOS2, but never finished it.

Now my brother and one friend of my mine have told me they want to play Baldurs Gate 3 with me because it is Dungeons Dragons. However they are not so interested they want to buy it while it is in Early Access.

Roughly 40% of my friends have played D&D. 0% of my friends have played any Larian released game.
If you take all D&D releases the amount of players that have played any version of them that exceed DOS2 players by far.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 10/02/21 07:45 AM.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Terminator2020
That is the most stupid statement I have heard for a long time indeed. As for each country in Europe now I do not know what they play, but I doubt a colleague will come to you on break and say hey I played D&D 10 years ago or I am now playing.

When I come to a workplace do you think I have D&D mentioned in my CV or that I talk about with my work colleagues? No.

I also have friends that are not into gaming at all at any platform and a some friends that if they play they use console like Playstation or Xbox.

Personally I have never played newest D&D 5th edition but I have now read through Players Handbook DD5th for this game.
None of my friends have ever played any Larian released game. I played DOS2, but never finished it.

Now my brother and one friend of my mine have told me they want to play Baldurs Gate 3 with me because it is Dungeons Dragons. However they are not so interested they want to buy it while it is in Early Access.

Roughly 40% of my friends have played D&D. 0% of my friends have played any Larian released game.
If you take all D&D releases the amount of players that have played any version of them that exceed DOS2 players by far.

I was talking about friends, too. But you know what's really stupid? Discuss something based on PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, BASED ONLY ON YOUR LIFE. You initially started speaking exclusively from the "my experience" position, which is why I provided you with "my experience", like exact opposite. I was just trying to show you how inappropriate this is. I repeat: YOUR EXPERIENCE IS NOT UNIVERSAL. Stop thinking that all or even most people are like you and your friends. Because it's not, it's just you. That's why I won't continue this dialogue.

Next plz

T
Banned
Banned
T
Next plz
You are the one that have been called Troll on this thread (not by me and this was an observation I did see it), but I am beginning to understand why. Yeah discussing with you does not make sense first you mention friends and colleagues. Well then you claim only friends. Every friend of mine specially those who do not like games at all we share other interests example sports and movies, social meetings example dinner or party they do not know I have played Dungeons Dragons.

Your experience is not universal either by that logic.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 10/02/21 07:58 AM.
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard