Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
V
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
V
So I was able to retrieve the chest. All of the survivors died. I went to the hideout and had the dialogue with Zarys, but she said the shop was closed and they aren't doing any business. If I approach any of them they attack on sight. I still have the chest in my inventory. I've tried leaving and coming back, going to camp and waiting till the next day and still nothing. Does anyone know of any fix for this?

R
enthusiast
enthusiast
R
Not a bug - the only way to get friendly with Zarys is to save the two who are fighting the gnolls and never do anything with the shipment - don't ask about it, don't try to steal it, nothing.

If you do that, go back to the cave after a long rest and you will find a surprise...

journeyman
journeyman
I never saved Rugan and the other guy who were fighting the gnolls. But I was still able to turn in the chest. I think you just can't open it or pick the lock, and then return it. And you definitely can't if you open what's inside!

apprentice
apprentice
Actually there is one way to get your foot in the door, anyway. If you are a cleric of Bane, they will let you in and sell you low grade stuff and offer the quest to go find the couriers.

W
veteran
veteran
W
Originally Posted by RBarbare
Not a bug - the only way to get friendly with Zarys is to save the two who are fighting the gnolls and never do anything with the shipment - don't ask about it, don't try to steal it, nothing.

If you do that, go back to the cave after a long rest and you will find a surprise...

You can learn the password and then kill them, steal the shipment and return it.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I made an offer to Rugan to sell Chest and divide the profit.
Then you have the Chest and also Rugan gives you Code word for entering Zhent Hideout safely.

BUT ... when you arrive down ther you see Rugan interogated and Olly allready dead. Zarys will Talk to Rugan and a History Check can provide you with a hint.
If failed History Check, you can try Persuasion Option to silvertongue Zarys.
Then you can kill Rugan as a sign of trust.
Zarys will tell you to bring chest to Baldurs Gate and you have the better Items at Merchant here.
BUT it seems theres a Bug even when this happens and often the Guards in Hideout start to get hostile even when declared to help the Zhents and got the Mission to Baldurs Gate.
ITS ALLWAS BREM WHO WANTS TO BRING JUSTICE FOR THE KILLING OF RUGAN...WTF hes really a friend of Rugan it seems. Attacking us even when his Boss Zarys ordered us to. Else we wont be part of the Zenths.

Or for future Release, never enter Zhent Hideout and bring Chest with you to Baldrus Gate for selling personally. But then it might be that Zhents will do a bounty on you in Baldurs Gate and Hunt you down.

Last edited by TheHero; 07/03/21 09:43 PM.
Originally Posted by TheHero
I made an offer to Rugan to sell Chest and divide the profit.

...skip ... But then it might be that Zhents will do a bounty on you in Baldurs Gate and Hunt you down.

Well, let them come !!! wink

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud. After a bit, you realize the pig enjoys it.
A
A
The most annoying glitch about this quest for me was how if you saved Rugan, and he gave you the pass phrase (or if he died and you got the pass phrase from Speak With Dead), you could saunter up to the hideout and ... not get the option to use the pass phrase, and have to roll a 17 not to die in an inferno.

P
stranger
stranger
P
I was only able to save 1 of the guys, The other wanted nothing to do with the chest. I read online not to open it because the reward Zarys gives is better than whats inside anyways. I am looking up a different bug. The quest is Completed, Zarys is pleased and rewarded us for bringing back the shipment. - The Gilded chest is still in my inventory though...

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard