Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 17 of 18 1 2 15 16 17 18
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by SinisterDeath
Originally Posted by daMichi
You say the game is awesome, and you say the game is hard to play and stresses you out.

Never played Dark Souls? It might be contradictory but makes perfect sense to me. wink

Originally Posted by Bomor
Larian has studios in several countries so vacation time in one country doesn't mean they can't launch or continue to work. Also, the patch4 info has been on SteamDB for a long while now. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see patch 4 this week but I don't see any strong indicators one way or another.

That's a buzz kill. I check these forums every other day and the "new post" indicators on "Latest News" is always a let down.

Ah! So true!!

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by gaymer
Patch will be today. Summer2020 is being updated. Finally.

I assume you are joking?...;) Last patch (third patch) was early December so it's not quite as bad as it would be if we'd been waiting since the summer for the third patch...;)

I'm never wrong about anything, and so if you see an error in any of my posts you will know immediately that I did not write it...;)
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Dan Quail
This is what it looks like right now on the Steam Database. For reference, "patch3" showed up in the log a day ahead of the official patch release. So we're looking at an announcement by the end of the week, probably. [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Ah, OK, I see what you mean, now. Yes, let's hope they'll deliver it very soon--should be a big one after all of this time. Such a shame that although we've paid in full for the game that all we will ever see is the first chapter, until the game ships--or maybe they'll give us the full game a week early...

I'm never wrong about anything, and so if you see an error in any of my posts you will know immediately that I did not write it...;)
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Waltc
Originally Posted by Dan Quail
This is what it looks like right now on the Steam Database. For reference, "patch3" showed up in the log a day ahead of the official patch release. So we're looking at an announcement by the end of the week, probably. [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Ah, OK, I see what you mean, now. Yes, let's hope they'll deliver it very soon--should be a big one after all of this time. Such a shame that although we've paid in full for the game that all we will ever see is the first chapter, until the game ships--or maybe they'll give us the full game a week early...

I mean, we DID get the game ahead. Rather than length I'd like to see displays of depth, namely more character classes.

journeyman
journeyman
Finally! [Linked Image from imgur.com]

Last edited by Roethen; 11/02/21 04:13 PM.
F
stranger
stranger
F
Can't wait! 6 more days, hope they will add new classes smile

N
apprentice
apprentice
N
If they are willing to make an entire stream based on it, there have to be some meaningful changes. I wonder when exactly the patch is going to be deployed, though.

The way Larian manages party movement is dreadful
veteran
veteran
I don't really understand what should justify such an évent... RTWP mode + D/N cycle + party of 6 + no more chain + entire New UI ? grin

Hope it's not only about new classes and companions...

Last edited by Maximuuus; 11/02/21 04:26 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
journeyman
journeyman
Seconded. Although I'm more of a turn-based tactical RPG guy myself. Too much going on at once stresses me out; but it would hold true to the BG legacy, so I respect the request.

Last edited by Roethen; 11/02/21 04:28 PM.
veteran
veteran
It's not a request, I'm fine with TB but I couldn't understand such an event if it's not for VERY Big changes.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 11/02/21 04:28 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
journeyman
journeyman
New classes, races, and companions would be a big change. I'm expecting something along the lines of more story as well. We shall see. smile

G
addict
addict
G
I would hope it is the biggest patch ever, considering it is going to take nearly 90 days between the last one. The panel being in the 17th means that the actual release of the update is even FURTHER out.

Patch 5 won't happen until August.

N
N
i guess since larian isnt using calendars anymore we can cut them some slack for the length of time between updates lmao - looking forward to the 17th smile

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Nibel
If they are willing to make an entire stream based on it, there have to be some meaningful changes. I wonder when exactly the patch is going to be deployed, though.

Exactly. This looks like Larian is going to use some cheesy "dramatic" presentation with Sven chained in the bowels of a carnivorous sea urchin that eats mindflayers whenever they fall into the water.....to tell us about the exciting stuff the next patch, when released, will contain!

Who needs the patch when they can stream Sven (who apparently has Hollywood aspirations) practicing his acting skills *cough*....?...;) (Scuttlebutt is that Sven has used his early Baldur's Gate 3 "movies" in a tryout for the lead role in Iron Man 7...and now he's doing another BG3 flic, he thinks will seal the deal!)

So...now, we are getting a stream in 6 days that in six days will inform us of how many days we have to wait until the next patch.

Could be they need the next six days to figure out exactly how many days it will be before patch 4 is released into the EA. Ah, precision, there's nothing like it...!...;)

enthusiast
enthusiast

Exactly. This looks like Larian is going to use some cheesy "dramatic" presentation with Sven chained in the bowels of a carnivorous sea urchin that eats mindflayers whenever they fall into the water.....to tell us about the exciting stuff the next patch, when released, will contain!

Who needs the patch when they can stream Sven (who apparently has Hollywood aspirations) practicing his acting skills *cough*....?...;) (Scuttlebutt is that Sven has used his early Baldur's Gate 3 "movies" in a tryout for the lead role in Iron Man 7...and now he's doing another BG3 flic, he thinks will seal the deal!)

So...now, we are getting a stream in 6 days that in six days will inform us of how many days we have to wait until the next patch.

Could be they need the next six days to figure out exactly how many days it will be before patch 4 is released into the EA. Ah, precision, there's nothing like it...!...;)

So after weeks of complaints that they are not providing us with any news or updated information, folks are now complaining about the manner in which they chose to PROVIDE the requested news and updated information.

I can guarantee that even if Larian provided a weekly news update including a chart with pictures and arrows and explanatory paragraphs and mini- vids - some folks would STILL complain.

S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by Anfindel
[quote=Waltc]
I can guarantee that even if Larian provided a weekly news update including a chart with pictures and arrows and explanatory paragraphs and mini- vids - some folks would STILL complain.

And I can guarantee it would be far less than are complaining now.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Anfindel

So after weeks of complaints that they are not providing us with any news or updated information, folks are now complaining about the manner in which they chose to PROVIDE the requested news and updated information.

Bear in mind that the "weeks of complaints" came only after many more weeks of no info at all. Larian can do better--they know it. And the only people complaining about the lack of info are the people who paid $60 for the EA who have some reason to be interested, don't you think?

Additionally, my comments here are tongue in cheek, meant to be somewhat humorous--as opposed to a dire "complaint". Sorry you missed the obvious humor. (I don't really think Swen has a chance at the lead role in Iron Man 7, do you? Not really. I think he would agree with me.) But besides that, people, including myself, were hoping for a patch--not a great hullabaloo telling us what's going to be in the next patch whenever it's released. A date for Patch 4 is all that's been lacking.

Here's kind of what people would have preferred after 60 + days of no information at all: a date for the presentation of all of the wonderful stuff that's going to be in the next patch (which we got), and a date when the next patch will be released (which we didn't get.) After 60+ days of a complete information vacuum, it's just a tad strange that we get a date when we will learn all about the next patch, but we still don't have a date on getting the next patch--not even an estimate--give or take 72 hours. That's the only complaint I've seen--and it's legitimate. It certainly isn't unfair or ill-considered.

I find it humorous that you hypothesize that even with weekly updates replete with bar charts, photos of Swen dicing with Satan while Beelzebub mows the lawn, etc., doing his laundry, etc., with videos galore, that you believe people would still complain. Why would you say that?...;) If we'd have had a fourth of all of that then you and I would not be having this conversation...;) That's the whole point of the complaint--there hasn't been *any* of all that you describe.

To sum up, if we weren't talking about the $60 EA I and most everyone else on the forum has already paid for, then yes, I'd agree with you that we'd not have standing to make a single complaint. But since we are talking about the $60 EA, then Larian has a certain obligation to its paying customers in this instance.

It's not a major complaint nor is it a condemnation of anyone--it's just more of an annoyance than anything else. It's something that should never have come up, frankly. Day after tomorrow we will see what burns in the fires of Hell...;)

S
addict
addict
S
OK lets put that good energy out into the universe.

1. Paladin Class.
2. Oath of Conquest Subclass.
3. Aasimar, with Fallen Subrace.

(Yes, I RP Oath of Conquest as Good, its good for people to do what I say!)

Lets go Larian, you know you want to.

Originally Posted by Scribe
OK lets put that good energy out into the universe.

1. Paladin Class.
2. Oath of Conquest Subclass.
3. Aasimar, with Fallen Subrace.

(Yes, I RP Oath of Conquest as Good, its good for people to do what I say!)

Lets go Larian, you know you want to.

Spoken like a true Lawful Evil, very fitting for OoC Paladin 😁😉

R
stranger
stranger
R
Don't forget Oath of Redemption!

Page 17 of 18 1 2 15 16 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard