Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Not sure if this constitutes spoilers but thought class it as so to be safe to people who haven’t gotten as far.

What with patch 4 coming up, I’d like to know how much content I’ve got left. I’m in the underdark and have just dealt with the duergar.
I’m not really sure why I care, but it keeps bugging me.

I could search it on the interwebs but didn’t want to see any spoilers!

Thanks anyway!

veteran
veteran
"The theme park world" nature of the game means that we can't exactly tell you how much content you have left because we don't know which bits you've done and which bits you haven't; they mostly all sit in their own little isolated bubbles ten feet from each other, and you do them, and then move on... So how much you've got left will depend heavily on how many of those bubbles you've poked.

If you've thoroughly explored the surface map and have done everything you can find top-side, and have explored most of the equivalent space underneath, then you're close to done, most likely. The duergar are at the point where you can formally 'end' the act - basically right where you are, in fact, but that won't necessarily mean you've explored everything and done all of the other bits and pieces that sit in isolation on their own.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
That’s such an excellent analogy, thank you.
Right - I realise now that my question is full of caveats, that’s reassuring to know I don’t have much left formally.

I’ve scoured the surface map but I’ve still got some underdark stuff to do - like the petrified drows and this weird cannon guard thing near the duergar.

Thanks for your response!

R
enthusiast
enthusiast
R
In a broader scope, there are apparently three Acts, and all of early access so far is Act 1. You can find a video on Youtube by chubblot on how to unlock some additional content even now, but it requires a cheat engine and some tweaking.

addict
addict
I have the same question ! My situation is as follows.

I have done :
- The Ravaged Beach - Forgotten Chapel - Druid Grove area. So, probably almost all things east of the bridge to the Blighted Village.
- The Blighted Village (surface + cellar), the Goblin Camp (outside), the Goblin Fortress (only the level with the 3 leaders), and the camp celebration.

I have avoided as best I could :
- The Whispering Depth.
- The Wetlands.
- The Risen Road.
- The Underdark.

It was my hope that doing at little as possible outside the main path and stopping at celebration was about 50% or 66% of Act 1 (which apparently is just Act 1A, so that's great). Is that roughly correct ?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Drath Malorn
I have the same question ! My situation is as follows.

I have done :
- The Ravaged Beach - Forgotten Chapel - Druid Grove area. So, probably almost all things east of the bridge to the Blighted Village.
- The Blighted Village (surface + cellar), the Goblin Camp (outside), the Goblin Fortress (only the level with the 3 leaders), and the camp celebration.

I have avoided as best I could :
- The Whispering Depth.
- The Wetlands.
- The Risen Road.
- The Underdark.

It was my hope that doing at little as possible outside the main path and stopping at celebration was about 50% or 66% of Act 1 (which apparently is just Act 1A, so that's great). Is that roughly correct ?

The following areas have coherent, finished storylines in Act 1:

- The Ravaged Beach and
Jergal's
temple
- The Druid Grove
- The Wetlands (MY FAVOURITE)
- The Blighted Village

Incomplete Areas that will make your cliffhanger-allergic heart scream in pain, in order of completion:

- The Goblin Camp (too many loose ends / unimplemented solutions, although it is really cool to navigate)
- The Zhentarim Hideout (80% complete, too many loose threads, but it's a small area with a great vendor)
- Waukeen's Rest (busy, difficult to navigate for very few questlines, it looks like a set-up at the moment).
- The Risen Road / Tollhouse / Githianky storyline
- The Underdark (except for the Myconid Colony arc)

R
enthusiast
enthusiast
R
The way too Act II is
through the Underdark.

addict
addict
Thanks !

So it sounds as if I have done about 50-60% indeed. I'm very happy to know I haven't done too much.

veteran
veteran
That's pretty accurat. There is however another quest in the swamps, that you can only do before going off to free Halsin and attacking the goblins, it's tied to another storyline in the grove, which I put in spoilers.

It's about finding out, that Kagha works with shadow druids. You find a note in her personal chest behind a bookcase in on of the sleeping chambers in the druid grove - not the one with Nettie, the other one. If you follow that lead, you will find proof that Kagha is planning to take over for the shadow druids in the swamp and then you can confront her and the shadow druids. There are different ways, how this might end

Other than that, you have a lot to do still in your playthrough.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
addict
addict
Thanks fylimar.

My playthrough is finished (as far as EA is concerned) : I stopped at a point where I felt that it was easy to stop (the camp celebration), and I don't want to explore any additional maps and quests. The less I explore in EA, the more I'll discover in full release.

Link Copied to Clipboard