Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 45 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 44 45
addict
addict
Originally Posted by marajango
[quote=Imryll]
And again, if you personally don't care about such things, that's fine as well.
So true, but then again you have no good reason to be in this thread...

Originally Posted by Gaidax
It would be also super awesome if they'd go full POG and offer community a choice between several classes to work on next, like some sort of secure poll offering a choice between let's say - Sorcerer, Bard and Druid and let people vote for which should be given priority for EA.

This would be great. But unfortunately that would require Larian to actually communicate and engage in some kind of bare minimum dialogue with the community and the EA testers. Alas, that seems to be something they are hell-bent on not doing.

Last edited by Peranor; 11/02/21 05:12 PM.
Well, we have the Panel from Hell II coming up on wednesday, so hopefully we will get the communication we so crave from that.

I honestly hope you have a most marvelous day!
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by DuskHorseman
Well, we have the Panel from Hell II coming up on wednesday, so hopefully we will get the communication we so crave from that.
Can't wait! party

L
addict
addict
L
I’m sure this patch will be a big one, but wow they’re really perpetuating this huge song and dance every time they want to communicate with us. Today we had an announcement about a future event where they’re making another announcement.

I think their Coming Soon™ should be upgraded to Coming Soon®

W
veteran
veteran
W
Originally Posted by LukasPrism
I’m sure this patch will be a big one, but wow they’re really perpetuating this huge song and dance every time they want to communicate with us. Today we had an announcement about a future event where they’re making another announcement.

Making an announcement for an event where announcements will be made is industry standard practice and has been for a long time. How would people know to log into the event (or attend an event in a Covid free alternate timeline) if they didn't announce it?

L
addict
addict
L
Originally Posted by Warlocke

Making an announcement for an event where announcements will be made is industry standard practice and has been for a long time. How would people know to log into the event (or attend an event in a Covid free alternate timeline) if they didn't announce it?

Pretty sure it’s not industry standard to tease announcements for an event to reveal an EA patch. New titles or expansions, yes. Considering we’ve paid full price to be part of this EA experience, having the only real communications come in the form of trumpeted events is a huge let-down, and not how Larian have done it historically either.

addict
addict
Panel from Hell is the new Nightcity wire.

L
addict
addict
L
Originally Posted by IrenicusBG3
Panel from Hell is the new Nightcity wire.

Oh, please don’t let this be true.

W
veteran
veteran
W

Pretty sure it’s not industry standard to tease announcements for an event to reveal an EA patch. New titles or expansions, yes. Considering we’ve paid full price to be part of this EA experience, having the only real communications come in the form of trumpeted events is a huge let-down, and not how Larian have done it historically either.

Nope. If you are live streaming something, anything, and want people to watch you let them know beforehand. There is nothing remotely unusual about that.

G
addict
addict
G

Nope. If you are live streaming something, anything, and want people to watch you let them know beforehand. There is nothing remotely unusual about that.

But why does there need to be a big Twitch reveal for another EA patch. Why all the spectacle to make it seem like they care about communication when it's been radio silence (AGAIN) for months.

And they know how negative impact this has on the community, but they continue to do it.

Why can't they just tweet out the date the patch will go live and post the patch notes. If they want to have a teaser, confirm via tweet on today that it will be a NEW _____

This is just to put on a show for people who have already bought the damn game.

S
addict
addict
S
You left out you actually paid the full price for the full game. Playing early, getting an opportunity to influence the development even in the slightest, while also supporting a good up-and-coming developer is what you get back for paying early. Feeling hugely let down by somewhat lackluster communication just as Larian announce another panel event speaks more about entitlement issues than any failing on Larian's part imo.

T
Banned
Banned
T
Personally for me (this is not a personal attack on OP and it is subjective taste) it is totally unrealistic and silly wish to want a patch every second week. If it is huge patch every second month and if needed some hotfix to fix bugs etc in addition to that I am fine with it.

What nonsense!

They do not have to release anything of Act 2 and Act 3 in Early Access and I wish they do not do that.

Having in Early Access all classes in Players Handbook and all Cleric domains would be nice and if there are going to be more races for full release then to release them also.

They could release the 1b area everything from Chapter 1.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 12/02/21 11:09 AM.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Seraphael
You left out you actually paid the full price for the full game. Playing early, getting an opportunity to influence the development even in the slightest, while also supporting a good up-and-coming developer is what you get back for paying early. Feeling hugely let down by somewhat lackluster communication just as Larian announce another panel event speaks more about entitlement issues than any failing on Larian's part imo.

"You're entitled to the opportunity of influencing game development but you're not entitled to communication"

Optimistically Apocalyptic
W
veteran
veteran
W
Originally Posted by gaymer
But why does there need to be a big Twitch reveal for another EA patch. Why all the spectacle to make it seem like they care about communication when it's been radio silence (AGAIN) for months.

And they know how negative impact this has on the community, but they continue to do it.

Why can't they just tweet out the date the patch will go live and post the patch notes. If they want to have a teaser, confirm via tweet on today that it will be a NEW _____

This is just to put on a show for people who have already bought the damn game.

Well, for one, they probably want more people to buy the game. BG3 is still technically an unreleased game. What do game studios do to build interest for unreleased games? They hold live steaming events. That’s marketing.

Second, I don’t know why they feel that they specifically need to hold an event for this patch, but I could speculate that they possibly want to discuss something about the data the have collected and / or the path forward beyond this patch.

Third, why not hold an event? It’s not like you will get the patch sooner without the event.

And why do you need constant updates? Seriously? I don’t need to know what they are doing week by week. Why would I? They are negatively impacting the community? That sounds to me like the community should grow up.

Sorry for being rude but this entire line of complaint is dumb.

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
I'd prefer big patches every 3 months or so.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I'd prefer patches when Larian feels they are good and ready to provide one. Same goes for updates.

I'm not the developer, so I sure as heck am not going to try and dictate how they proceed in developing their product.

I get to view the product as it is being developed, give my suggestions, comments and opinions to the developer - end of story.

I had the choice of buying the game in early access, or waiting until full release - I made my choice.

If I want to travel from Texas to Chicago, I get to choose my destination, my travel dates, my mode of transportation, what I eat while I travel - but I don't get to dictate the design of the vehicle.

If I contract to have a house built, I get to provide input into design and décor choices, but I don't get to dictate HOW the house is built, whether board a is connected to panel b by screws or nails is not my call.

addict
addict
EA nowadays is an AMAZING marketing way to screw fans over, while at the same time give the illusion to people that they are being listened to for future developments / patches. Its just a win win solution when making a game now.
You can be SURE that Larian already knew what fans would complain about, it is incredibly OBVIOUS.

So basically fans of DOS games will be pretty happy. Fans of Baldurs gate games not so happy. And fans of D&D in general pretty unhappy. They ALL bought into EA. Money in the bank from lovers of BG3 and haters alike.

Last edited by mr_planescapist; 13/02/21 10:39 AM.
M
M
Originally Posted by Anfindel
I'd prefer patches when Larian feels they are good and ready to provide one. Same goes for updates.

I'm not the developer, so I sure as heck am not going to try and dictate how they proceed in developing their product.

I get to view the product as it is being developed, give my suggestions, comments and opinions to the developer - end of story.

I had the choice of buying the game in early access, or waiting until full release - I made my choice.

If I want to travel from Texas to Chicago, I get to choose my destination, my travel dates, my mode of transportation, what I eat while I travel - but I don't get to dictate the design of the vehicle.

If I contract to have a house built, I get to provide input into design and décor choices, but I don't get to dictate HOW the house is built, whether board a is connected to panel b by screws or nails is not my call.
You perfectly described a preorder of a game, not an early access where having a dialogue between developers and their audience is key. So far the communication has been lacking on one side of the table pretty heavily.
Again, if you went into this early access expecting it to be nothing else than a preorder, just waiting for the final release, that's fine for you but other people expect a little bit more from a dialogue than talking to a wall.

P
apprentice
apprentice
P
Originally Posted by mr_planescapist
(...)

So basically fans of DOS games will be pretty happy. Fans of Baldurs gate games not so happy. And fans of D&D in general pretty unhappy. (...)

I'm a fan of classic BG games, played it countless times since release 20 years ago and I'm VERY happy with this EA. So you're generalizing and you're wrong.

Page 10 of 45 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 44 45

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard