Larian Banner
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Joined: Sep 2020
stranger
Offline
stranger
Joined: Sep 2020
Originally Posted by Roethen
"Re-roll" as in, actually roll? smile

Don't tease me now!

Joined: Feb 2021
Location: Menzoberranzen
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
Joined: Feb 2021
Location: Menzoberranzen
Originally Posted by Noraver
Originally Posted by gaymer
After 3 months, I'd hope so. Now to see if the revealed live date from the Panel From Hell will be delayed with more excuses and radio silence.

Boy, is someone ever cranky.

You expected constant updates and community response during the biggest holiday vacation time of the year, in the midst of a global pandemic, while their office flooded?

Entitlement at its finest!
This is the hot take I've been looking for.


Check out my thread on inventory, sizes, and proportions.
Joined: Jan 2021
S
addict
Offline
addict
S
Joined: Jan 2021
Originally Posted by PhoenixAstra
Hey Larian! I am not usually one to post in forums, but I just wanted to say thank you.

BG3 is one of the best games I've played in my life time, and it's just early access. I'm seeing a lot of rude comments and impatient people, I just hope you know not to take it to heart because I know deep down they just love the game and are excited to play more of it.

Gamedev is a lot of hard work. We appreciate what you do. Thank you so much.

-Sincerely, Just another Astarion simp

BG3 is one of the best games you have played in your life?

Like, ok...I guess.

Joined: Oct 2020
B
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
B
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by feedback_wizard
And please rework the resting system. Its in dire need of an overhaul. Short rests are obsolete, long rests are unlimited and available everywhere. The whole balance of a mess because you can always get full HP and full spell slots anywhere. The game throws way too many potions, scrolls and food at the player. And 1 candle for each character is unlimited "coat weapon in fire" which makes all the poison bottles obsolete. Remove these candles, they are overpowered.

No there are not infinite rests. As per the windows that opens (I wonder if anyone has made the effort to read what that windows says) one you decide for a long rest you opt to end the day and go to sleep. So just like the D n D rules rule in a day a party has a chance for two short rests and one long rest.

What lacks is anyway to get the feeling of time. That's the problem, you can do the play through taking all the time you want and time won't pass, characters are stuck in a single moment. And giving on the childish adult me: because you don't ask for a menu that allows players to decide what they want either it is none of the thousands and thousands of lovely barrels, potions, scrolls, or none of the rest and fast travel chances, I want timed quests, both the main ones than the side ones. Its utterly immersion breaking that the world in danger can wait the main character to explore all the map, hoard all the most hidden items, save all the lads/ladies in disstress, defeat all the covens of evil, or good, and maybe also find those rare items that will made the targeted companion to fall in love.

Specially since the game doesn't force a player to use barrels, potions, healing food, to take advantage of rest (a player finished the first chapter with a two character party, not resting at all), I find preposterous to ask for removal of things.

My issue is with the demanding attitude. "I don't like this, this annoys me, this ruins my immersion. Eliminate it", specially for stuff that doesn't require a lot of willpower (I assume that those complaining because of how easily is the game have enough willpower to avoid those things, because it would be a little strange to claim a love for difficult settings and then to lack the will to not use facilitators).

I just hope Larian is trying to find the way to optimize a start menu that allows players to personalize the difficulty of the game, a menu with options to switch off things like the rest and fast travel, to lower the number of barrels, potions, scrolls, and so on.

Choice, not elimination.

Joined: Aug 2013
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Aug 2013
So sorry to hear that Jeremy Crawford, Creative Director Swen Vincke and guests Nick Pechenin, David Walgrave and others, have passed on and gone to Hell. My condolences to their families and friends. I'm not real clear on how these doomed souls were able to carry a camera and recording gear with them into Hell, as this does not seem a common occurrence among those who go to Hell, so there's some sort of hanky-panky going on with the recently deceased Vincke and the Big-Dog Devil in Hell, apparently.

But what will we see on the 17th? Will Swen be broiling in a giant stew pot stirred by horned, winged minions who giggle and titter while Swen screams out ragged pleas for mercy?

Only the Shadow knows what evil lurks in the hearts of Vincke and friends, but I'll guess they'll clue us in on the 17th!

"Live, direct from Hell, it's the Vincke bros! Watch Swen sing as he croons from South Pacific, Across a Crowded Room in Hell!"


I'm never wrong about anything, and so if you see an error in any of my posts you will know immediately that I did not write it...;)
Joined: Jan 2021
S
addict
Offline
addict
S
Joined: Jan 2021
Originally Posted by Bufotenina
[quote=feedback_wizard]
Specially since the game doesn't force a player to use barrels, potions, healing food, to take advantage of rest (a player finished the first chapter with a two character party, not resting at all), I find preposterous to ask for removal of things.

My issue is with the demanding attitude. "I don't like this, this annoys me, this ruins my immersion. Eliminate it", specially for stuff that doesn't require a lot of willpower (I assume that those complaining because of how easily is the game have enough willpower to avoid those things, because it would be a little strange to claim a love for difficult settings and then to lack the will to not use facilitators).

I just hope Larian is trying to find the way to optimize a start menu that allows players to personalize the difficulty of the game, a menu with options to switch off things like the rest and fast travel, to lower the number of barrels, potions, scrolls, and so on.

Choice, not elimination.

I can agree with this. A mode that removes all the inane bloat of items, potions, barrels, rests pulling you out of a location all the way back to camp with no risk, teleporting around the map, that implements the 5e rules, that turns off the ability to eat a side of pork while dodging the sword swinging at your head...yeah.

A mode that gets rid of all that would be fantastic. Call it 'D&D Mode'.

Joined: Apr 2020
member
Offline
member
Joined: Apr 2020
Originally Posted by Scribe
A mode that gets rid of all that would be fantastic. Call it 'D&D Mode'.

So true.

Joined: Feb 2021
Location: Menzoberranzen
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
Joined: Feb 2021
Location: Menzoberranzen
Originally Posted by fallenj
Originally Posted by Jess Larian
Panel from Hell 2 will also unveil the ways Larian is meeting the challenge of BG3, along with a peek at newly improved cinematics, Tieflings, spells and cows, oh my! And wrapping up the show, we'll be live streaming the latest content from Baldur's Gate 3's biggest update yet.

Going to guess the update will introduce companion options in cinematics. They talked about this a while back as something they were working on I'm pretty sure.

Cow part is probably some number break down related to the cows already in the game.

But Tieflings and spells...donno.

We'll probably get to play companions' stories. "Cows" is implying wild magic to me. Tieflings have many more than the 3 bloodlines we've seen in EA so far, so they're probably adding more. Spells are probably being added, corrected and refined.

Last edited by Roethen; 12/02/21 07:31 PM.

Check out my thread on inventory, sizes, and proportions.
Joined: Jun 2020
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Jun 2020
Originally Posted by Scribe
Originally Posted by PhoenixAstra
Hey Larian! I am not usually one to post in forums, but I just wanted to say thank you.

BG3 is one of the best games I've played in my life time, and it's just early access. I'm seeing a lot of rude comments and impatient people, I just hope you know not to take it to heart because I know deep down they just love the game and are excited to play more of it.

Gamedev is a lot of hard work. We appreciate what you do. Thank you so much.

-Sincerely, Just another Astarion simp

BG3 is one of the best games you have played in your life?

Like, ok...I guess.


Im on the same page as this person - if the development keeps going the right way its easily in my top 5 of all time ....maybe #1 if the final release is as good as its potential is showing & the D&D vibe continues to grow - we are lucky to have Larian in charge.

Last edited by Tarorn; 12/02/21 07:34 PM.
Joined: Feb 2021
Location: Menzoberranzen
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
Joined: Feb 2021
Location: Menzoberranzen
Originally Posted by Bufotenina
Originally Posted by feedback_wizard
And please rework the resting system. Its in dire need of an overhaul. Short rests are obsolete, long rests are unlimited and available everywhere. The whole balance of a mess because you can always get full HP and full spell slots anywhere. The game throws way too many potions, scrolls and food at the player. And 1 candle for each character is unlimited "coat weapon in fire" which makes all the poison bottles obsolete. Remove these candles, they are overpowered.

No there are not infinite rests. As per the windows that opens (I wonder if anyone has made the effort to read what that windows says) one you decide for a long rest you opt to end the day and go to sleep. So just like the D n D rules rule in a day a party has a chance for two short rests and one long rest.

What lacks is anyway to get the feeling of time. That's the problem, you can do the play through taking all the time you want and time won't pass, characters are stuck in a single moment. And giving on the childish adult me: because you don't ask for a menu that allows players to decide what they want either it is none of the thousands and thousands of lovely barrels, potions, scrolls, or none of the rest and fast travel chances, I want timed quests, both the main ones than the side ones. Its utterly immersion breaking that the world in danger can wait the main character to explore all the map, hoard all the most hidden items, save all the lads/ladies in disstress, defeat all the covens of evil, or good, and maybe also find those rare items that will made the targeted companion to fall in love.

Specially since the game doesn't force a player to use barrels, potions, healing food, to take advantage of rest (a player finished the first chapter with a two character party, not resting at all), I find preposterous to ask for removal of things.

My issue is with the demanding attitude. "I don't like this, this annoys me, this ruins my immersion. Eliminate it", specially for stuff that doesn't require a lot of willpower (I assume that those complaining because of how easily is the game have enough willpower to avoid those things, because it would be a little strange to claim a love for difficult settings and then to lack the will to not use facilitators).

I just hope Larian is trying to find the way to optimize a start menu that allows players to personalize the difficulty of the game, a menu with options to switch off things like the rest and fast travel, to lower the number of barrels, potions, scrolls, and so on.

Choice, not elimination.

Healing food detracts from immersion because there's so much of it everywhere and that's not its actual function in D&D. In the original BG games, fast travel is an option in the meta game, but it still takes in-game time (traveling from one town to another across the map might take a day and a few hours), which is something the devs could easily emulate in BG3. People asking for this game to be more core aren't making an unreasonable request.


Check out my thread on inventory, sizes, and proportions.
Joined: Jan 2021
S
addict
Offline
addict
S
Joined: Jan 2021
Originally Posted by Tarorn
Originally Posted by Scribe
Originally Posted by PhoenixAstra
Hey Larian! I am not usually one to post in forums, but I just wanted to say thank you.

BG3 is one of the best games I've played in my life time, and it's just early access. I'm seeing a lot of rude comments and impatient people, I just hope you know not to take it to heart because I know deep down they just love the game and are excited to play more of it.

Gamedev is a lot of hard work. We appreciate what you do. Thank you so much.

-Sincerely, Just another Astarion simp

BG3 is one of the best games you have played in your life?

Like, ok...I guess.


Im on the same page as this person - if the development keeps going the right way its easily in my top 5 of all time ....maybe #1 if the final release is as good as its potential is showing & the D&D vibe continues to grow - we are lucky to have Larian in charge.

I find it comical that someone could make such a statement with what has been presented so far.

If this current implementation is AT ALL representative of the finished product? Its not even a top 10 RPG, let alone 'best game played in my life'.

Are we even playing the same game?

Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Arizona
stranger
Offline
stranger
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Arizona
Here's a few of my hopes and dreams going forward... No, I don't expect all this on this patch but anything towards this is great.
Let me preface this by saying I'm really enjoying the game so far and fully understand and accept that this is EA! 100% Get it! I'm happy to trudge thru any or all of the glitches, crashes, hiccups and blue screens if it helps the game along down the road. AND I'm having a great time while doing it! THANKS!

So here's my wish list:
More of all things PHB. Classes, races etc. This is news to absolutely nobody. Everybody wants this and it'll happen eventually. I'll admit I'm anxious. The more the merrier and I wouldn't mind a little more flexibility on the character creator either as far as tweaking appearance.
Fix the controller support: I know I'm in the itty bitty minority here but once in a while I'm playing on Stadia on my big TV and using a controller and that UI is seriously wonky. Plus things like "combine" just don't work at all. Overall the game plays better w/ keyboard and mouse anyway, but IF controller support is a thing it'd be nice if it worked a heck of a lot better.
Camera angles are still tough: I seem to get in a lot of fights where the top down view doesn't capture everybody on the screen and when I fire off an arrow or a spell it lands "off screen" and I am not sure the outcome. An adjustable camera angle would be kind of amazing. Like ground level - 90 degrees adjustable on the fly. Sometimes I need to lower my angle just a little bit more...
Use the dice... or lose them: I personally love the dice rolls, but I'd also like to see them in combat! Maybe not that big center screen roll that we see now, but just a little representation in the corner instead of 52%.
Perception checks: Apparently my own perception sucks (I'll confess to a low Wisdom personally) because quite frequently when somebody in my party DOES spot something I have a hell of a time figuring out exactly what it was they saw and where it is! I'd love for this to be more obvious.
Dialogues: as has been spoken on ad nauseum, it'd be wonderful if while you main is engaged in a convo, I could grab another character and cast a spell to help 'em out.

I'm sure there's a lot more but I've got this "job" I have to go focus on for a bit.
Thanks for listening

Joined: Oct 2020
addict
Offline
addict
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Bufotenina
I can agree with this. A mode that removes all the inane bloat of items, potions, barrels, rests pulling you out of a location all the way back to camp with no risk, teleporting around the map, that implements the 5e rules, that turns off the ability to eat a side of pork while dodging the sword swinging at your head...yeah.

A mode that gets rid of all that would be fantastic. Call it 'D&D Mode'.

No, I'd call it Bufotenina Mode and glad your not making the game.

Teleports (portals) actually are in Forgotten Realms, they got trashed when the spell plague hit in 4e but as far as I know they are working now. Teleporting to them from anywhere don't really know if that's a thing or not, but using them to get from one portal to another is for sure.

Isn't eating equal to a potion? Been a while pretty sure they are about the same.

Don't think you can pick up barrels anymore...I haven't really touched the latest patch though.

Item bloat will more than likely be adjusted along with weight of items and so on.

Here, you obviously don't realize this but, it is EA. Patients and Understanding would be the words of the day...




Originally Posted by Scribe
I find it comical that someone could make such a statement with what has been presented so far.

If this current implementation is AT ALL representative of the finished product? Its not even a top 10 RPG, let alone 'best game played in my life'.

Are we even playing the same game?

It's obviously not going to be your top 10 but someone else's, possibly. What's your point here, are you trying to convince someone not to like what they enjoy? Why do you even care?


Originally Posted by Roethen
Originally Posted by fallenj
Originally Posted by Jess Larian
Panel from Hell 2 will also unveil the ways Larian is meeting the challenge of BG3, along with a peek at newly improved cinematics, Tieflings, spells and cows, oh my! And wrapping up the show, we'll be live streaming the latest content from Baldur's Gate 3's biggest update yet.

Going to guess the update will introduce companion options in cinematics. They talked about this a while back as something they were working on I'm pretty sure.

Cow part is probably some number break down related to the cows already in the game.

But Tieflings and spells...donno.

We'll probably get to play companions' stories. "Cows" is implying wild magic to me. Tieflings have many more than the 3 bloodlines we've seen in EA so far, so they're probably adding more. Spells are probably being added, corrected and refined.

Ya I think I read something about Wildmagic earlier. Do you mean additional companion stories?

Didn't know about the Tiefling part, good one and the spell guess seems like a kind of common one but I would believe it.

Last edited by fallenj; 12/02/21 11:53 PM.
Joined: Jan 2021
S
addict
Offline
addict
S
Joined: Jan 2021
Originally Posted by fallenj
It's obviously not going to be your top 10 but someone else's, possibly. What's your point here, are you trying to convince someone not to like what they enjoy? Why do you even care?

Because looking at some of the comments here, the Steam reviews, I would assume bots are being used to pump this product. If people are going to declare it the most amazing experience of all time, as an EA...that just makes me wonder.

Could it be great? Absolutely. Does it do anyone favours to declare the current product the best game of all time? Come on.

Joined: Feb 2021
Location: Menzoberranzen
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
Joined: Feb 2021
Location: Menzoberranzen
Originally Posted by fallenj
Originally Posted by Bufotenina
I can agree with this. A mode that removes all the inane bloat of items, potions, barrels, rests pulling you out of a location all the way back to camp with no risk, teleporting around the map, that implements the 5e rules, that turns off the ability to eat a side of pork while dodging the sword swinging at your head...yeah.

A mode that gets rid of all that would be fantastic. Call it 'D&D Mode'.

No, I'd call it Bufotenina Mode and glad your not making the game.

Teleports (portals) actually are in Forgotten Realms, they got trashed when the spell plague hit in 4e but as far as I know they are working now. Teleporting to them from anywhere don't really know if that's a thing or not, but using them to get from one portal to another is for sure.

Isn't eating equal to a potion? Been a while pretty sure they are about the same.

Don't think you can pick up barrels anymore...I haven't really touched the latest patch though.

Item bloat will more than likely be adjusted along with weight of items and so on.

Here, you obviously don't realize this but, it is EA. Patients and Understanding would be the words of the day...




Originally Posted by Scribe
I find it comical that someone could make such a statement with what has been presented so far.

If this current implementation is AT ALL representative of the finished product? Its not even a top 10 RPG, let alone 'best game played in my life'.

Are we even playing the same game?

It's obviously not going to be your top 10 but someone else's, possibly. What's your point here, are you trying to convince someone not to like what they enjoy? Why do you even care?


Originally Posted by Roethen
Originally Posted by fallenj
Originally Posted by Jess Larian
Panel from Hell 2 will also unveil the ways Larian is meeting the challenge of BG3, along with a peek at newly improved cinematics, Tieflings, spells and cows, oh my! And wrapping up the show, we'll be live streaming the latest content from Baldur's Gate 3's biggest update yet.

Going to guess the update will introduce companion options in cinematics. They talked about this a while back as something they were working on I'm pretty sure.

Cow part is probably some number break down related to the cows already in the game.

But Tieflings and spells...donno.

We'll probably get to play companions' stories. "Cows" is implying wild magic to me. Tieflings have many more than the 3 bloodlines we've seen in EA so far, so they're probably adding more. Spells are probably being added, corrected and refined.

Ya I think I read something about Wildmagic earlier. Do you mean additional companion stories?

Didn't know about the Tiefling part, good one and the spell guess seems like a kind of common one but I would believe it.

I mean when you start up a new game there are options to actually play Astarion, Shadowheart, Wyll, Lae'zel, or Gale as your main character. The developers intend to give us access to them at some point in early access, and I think they may do so with patch 4.


Check out my thread on inventory, sizes, and proportions.
Joined: Sep 2020
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Sep 2020
Originally Posted by Scribe
Originally Posted by fallenj
It's obviously not going to be your top 10 but someone else's, possibly. What's your point here, are you trying to convince someone not to like what they enjoy? Why do you even care?

Because looking at some of the comments here, the Steam reviews, I would assume bots are being used to pump this product. If people are going to declare it the most amazing experience of all time, as an EA...that just makes me wonder.

Could it be great? Absolutely. Does it do anyone favours to declare the current product the best game of all time? Come on.

I don't see bots pumping anything. I see maybe a couple of hundred people out of the thousands that purchased BG3 on early access posting opinions - some good, some bad and most mixed.

His opinion is of exactly the same value as your opinion -

And he is as welcome to applaud it as you are to run it down.

At the end of the day BG3 is a game - if it gets it right, the heavens are not going to open and the gods will not descend upon us in celebration. If it gets it wrong, the gates of hell are not going to open up on earth and swallow us all up.

Too much of what is posted here is essentially folks demanding Larian change things to suit what they insist is the only right way to do "whatever", and threatening to hold their breath until they turn blue if Larian doesn't meet their demands.

Post all the comments, suggestions and opinions you want, but stop snidely bashing someone for having a different opinion.

Joined: Oct 2020
addict
Offline
addict
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Roethen
Originally Posted by fallenj
Ya I think I read something about Wildmagic earlier. Do you mean additional companion stories?
Didn't know about the Tiefling part, good one and the spell guess seems like a kind of common one but I would believe it.
I mean when you start up a new game there are options to actually play Astarion, Shadowheart, Wyll, Lae'zel, or Gale as your main character. The developers intend to give us access to them at some point in early access, and I think they may do so with patch 4.
Oh interesting, that would change up play throughs for a while.

@Anfindel
Well said.

Last edited by fallenj; 13/02/21 03:59 AM.
Joined: Jan 2020
stranger
Offline
stranger
Joined: Jan 2020
Please have Mr. Crawford explain how they are going to prevent Ranger from being one of the dump classes of BG3, and if Ranger will be changed in 6E or will remain obsolete like it is in 5E.

Joined: Jun 2020
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Jun 2020
Originally Posted by Scribe
Originally Posted by fallenj
It's obviously not going to be your top 10 but someone else's, possibly. What's your point here, are you trying to convince someone not to like what they enjoy? Why do you even care?

Because looking at some of the comments here, the Steam reviews, I would assume bots are being used to pump this product. If people are going to declare it the most amazing experience of all time, as an EA...that just makes me wonder.

Could it be great? Absolutely. Does it do anyone favours to declare the current product the best game of all time? Come on.
Originally Posted by Scribe
Originally Posted by fallenj
It's obviously not going to be your top 10 but someone else's, possibly. What's your point here, are you trying to convince someone not to like what they enjoy? Why do you even care?

Because looking at some of the comments here, the Steam reviews, I would assume bots are being used to pump this product. If people are going to declare it the most amazing experience of all time, as an EA...that just makes me wonder.

Could it be great? Absolutely. Does it do anyone favours to declare the current product the best game of all time? Come on.

I declared it top 5 of my all time - you don’t feel the same no drama because it’s my opinion
this game has huge potential & I’m hanging out to see what comes next - I have about 135 hours in this game - at early access - no game has ever hooked me in this manner & ive never purchased an ea game - this is why I rate it so highly.

Last edited by Tarorn; 13/02/21 10:37 AM.
Joined: Oct 2020
addict
Offline
addict
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Tarorn
I declared it top 5 of my all time - you don’t feel the same no drama because it’s my opinion

Same! I think game has a lot of potential. So I left a positive review in steam, and I'm not a bot. ^ ^


I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5