Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
enthusiast
enthusiast
Would like SRD subclasses added as PHB arcane casters and subclasses suck donkey dong.

Level 20 max level, more than 3 acts, allignment, day&night, immersion, D&D 5e, Larian feedback, all currency types, more spells, more feats, variant humans, vastly more customisation options, more weapon types, more armor types, choose starting equipment, scaled down weapons, less warps and fast travel, random encounters, realistic camping .......

Our survey says.....? X lol

enthusiast
enthusiast
I dunno about the full game, but right now in early access?
I want Monk and also the finished Act 1 ( I am assuming it's unfinished ) with the last section of the act.
I don't think that where it ends right now makes sense, I am expecting it to actually end after solving the Grove issue and leaving.

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
1. Great plot that make sense with a lot of real decision options. Less beaten to death tropes, no Mary Sues, goody two shoes, and stupid evil for the sake of evil characters. The character motivation should be logical and believable.
2. Polished fun gameplay that involves as much of my very long list of suggestions (sent to Larian) as possible.

That's pretty much it. I don't care too much about zealous D&D 5e implementation, number of party members, or if some classes will be left out.

old hand
old hand
* Better implementation of the DnD 5th rules
* Far fewer surface effects and exploding barrels
* Tone down the "Crazy height differences" in every single fight

Last edited by andreasrylander; 15/11/20 11:46 PM.
K
stranger
stranger
K
I wish that the camp beds weren't filled with blood. I want the conversation with Pooldrip the Zealous to work. I want to be able to organize the camp inventory. I want female NPCs that aren't mean or angry

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Kamala Azur
I wish that the camp beds weren't filled with blood. I want the conversation with Pooldrip the Zealous to work. I want to be able to organize the camp inventory. I want female NPCs that aren't mean or angry

Actually, I have had the idea that if they put in Prestidigitation it could be a terrain clearing spell as one of its uses because of the pact that it can clean or soil something so maybe that will become our solution that that problem?

addict
addict
-Day/night cycles, passage of time, atmospheric affects etc...
-Fixed UI and party controls.
-Fixed itemization. (no barrels, less junk, no food during combat, less junk <green, blue, purple, red, orange, pink, brown etcc...> magic items.
-MORE NPCs to play. WAY MORE.
-Not EVERY DIALOGUES should be cinematic. Cringy as hell and time consuming.

Will probably never happen but...bring back limited item SLOTS ala BG2. Makes carrying and equipping items more fun and thoughtful.

Last edited by mr_planescapist; 14/02/21 10:08 AM.
More D&D5

journeyman
journeyman
More faces for male woodelves. All faces are weird looking, besides 1.

enthusiast
enthusiast
* More expressive character models; currently there are only two or so that make me laugh.
* The possibility to craft AND tint your armour, so that you can dress your party in pink if you want to.
* I really really really want to take over Cazador's lair / Lorroakan's tower / House of Hope and have it as my lush camp base at some point.

apprentice
apprentice
* - Cambions as a playable race.
* - Possibility to play with a character somehow related to one of Demon Lords (my favorite is Graz'zt, maybe as his follower/warlock or cambion Spawn of Graz'zt?)
* - Maybe some calmer start to the game, before the action with the ilithid invasion of Neverwinter and a tadpole in the head begins. Something that would give the player and character time to get used to everything.
* - 6 party members.
* - Day and night cycle.
[b]* - Possibility of having a different color of the eyebrows than the hair color (if it is not there yet, and someone wants to play someone who resembles Daenerys Targaryen).
*[/b] - Necromancy school.
* - Separate name and surname (you can leave the field blank), thanks to which team members and friends call us by our first name, and strangers, e.g. Mr. Highcliff.
* - More face options.
* - More race/culture based dialogue options.
*- Multi-Classing.
* - The option to choose a religion for each character, not just a cleric or paladin, and to include the Archdevils and Demon Lords in the deity list, not just a few gods.
* - The emergence of known characters as NPCs. Like Drizzt, Elminster, Jarlaxle, Artemis Entreri etc. And mentions of what happened a hundred years earlier during the adventures of the Child of Bhaal.

Last edited by Magicalus; 14/02/21 11:59 PM.
veteran
veteran
Most importantly: easy mode / story mode soon, I can't continue my game without that because I do not survive the fights in goblin camp.

* shorter fights (autobattle is also an option, without grafics, just calculation)
* The possibility to save during a dialogue
* Switching off/reducing dice as an game option
* less graphics for short / unimportant dialogues

Last edited by Alix; 16/02/21 06:20 AM.

Alixdragon -==(UDIC)==-
Der einzige Mensch, der Dir im Weg steht, bist Du.
R
stranger
stranger
R
I am hoping for some sublcasses/races that aren't just in the Players Handbook, specifically Oath of Redemption Paladin, I think Pact of the Genie Warlock could be fun, Circle of the Spores Druid (maybe even these shadow druids, that might be cool) as well as Deep Gnomes, Goblins, and especially Kobolds (gotta love 'em too adorable not too). Fae Pact for Warlock as well is real nice! Other than content additional races/subclasses, I would say Origin Characters would be cool!

enthusiast
enthusiast
Mushroom Druid and Genie Warlocks sound fun. I think Deep Gnomes is all but guaranteed.

R
stranger
stranger
R
Really? That actually makes me really happy to hear!!!

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by EMTFields

In general the non-humans are waaay too human. I can't even handle playing a Dwarf or Halfling in this game....they just ain't right....

S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by Newtinmpls

In general the non-humans are waaay too human. I can't even handle playing a Dwarf or Halfling in this game....they just ain't right....

Really? I thought the dwarves and halflings are pretty well done. The elves definitely could look more otherworldly.

And the humans need new faces. I don't know about anyone else but I am not impressed with any of the human aesthetics, male or female.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by spectralhunter
Originally Posted by Newtinmpls

Really? I thought the dwarves and halflings are pretty well done. The elves definitely could look more otherworldly.

And the humans need new faces. I don't know about anyone else but I am not impressed with any of the human aesthetics, male or female.

completely agree. quite frankly they just need to incorporate sliders into the character creation. I personally am not completely happy with any of the faces (and there are like 2 that I am ok with but they are for a race I dont want to play) and I hate that my character looks like a random npc that was let into this group of amazingly beautiful, unique looking characters. My character looks out of place imo and I dont have the tools to make them into a completely unique character.

the fact that there could literally be an npc in someone's game that looks exactly like my custom character does not sit right with me. I would so much rather be able to use sliders and actually customize my character than have 500 scanned faces that I dont like to choose from. I just want the creative freedom to actually be able to make the character I want to make.

u up?
old hand
old hand
My list of priorities from top to bottom.

* High ground advantage/low ground disadvantage system being replaced by a +2 bonus to AC if an enemy is attacking you from low ground, to act as a replacement for the missing cover system. This makes room for Sharpshooter feat to be implemented without being grossly overpowered (for the uninitiated, it gives +10 damage to ranged weapons at the cost of -5 attack, along with ignoring AC bonuses from partial cover), makes actual spells and abilities that grant advantage more powerful, and also removes the need for backstab advantage.

* Proper reactions being implemented

* Ready actions being implemented

* Dodge action being implemented

* Disengage being its own action and being a standard action/Shove being a standard action (okay, people who have seen my posts would wonder why this is lower on my list of priorities even though I typically put a lot of emphasis into them, but quite frankly the above would have a far bigger effect on expanding tactical variety in this game than Disengage and Shove changes. I would not care if Disengage and Shove remained the same as long as the above happens first.)

Everything else I literally don't care about, because they're either a given or I don't have any particular strong feelings about them (particularly in regards to more races or customization options). Well okay, I want College of Valor Bard and Arcane Archer Fighter archetype, but they're both probably in the 'given' category too. It's pretty obvious I highly favor magical archers at this point, but Rangers with the nature focus literally do not appeal to me at all for some reason.

Last edited by Saito Hikari; 20/02/21 07:38 AM.
addict
addict
When I started writing feedback, my priorities were :

1) UI, controls and quality-of-life features.
Even after the follow-jump, the way Larian manages party movement is dreadful.

2) Roleplay, story, immersion.
Contradictions within the mechanisms, within the story, or between the story and mechanisms are still jarring.

3) Combat.
Need I say anything ?

At the moment, the top of my wishlist is :

a) Cooking minigame in camp. Other options from here would be great too.

b) Possibility to customise Clothing. Why can Gale be fabulous and my Wizard has to stick to a bland, green robe ?

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard