Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
P
addict
OP Offline
addict
P
I mean his backstory is cool, but man I am getting HARD flashbacks of Alistair.

S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by Pandemonica
I mean his backstory is cool, but man I am getting HARD flashbacks of Alistair.

Who is Alastair?

old hand
old hand
Alistair is a companion in Dragon Age: Origins.

I do see similarities, and some people even thought that Gale's VA was Steve Valentine.

S
addict
addict
S
Ah, that was after I had soured on Bioware.

Banned
Banned
Alistair never proposed to regale me with tales in his tent. Luckily, i dare say.

I see some similarity, but it doesn't go much farther than "Nice and charming guys with similar voices". Gale is certainly more experienced and knowledgeable than Alistair, and he's less likely to whine. He also doesn't have the quiet sadness Alistair does, nor does he have the same desire to shirk responsibility. Gale *wants* to be responsible for his actions, as they're something he did and he's living with the consequences. Beyond basic personality similarities and moral values. Alistair and Gale are really rather different.

I honestly hope you have a most marvelous day!
old hand
old hand
Alistair was actually funny and even funnier when you pissed him off. Gale is way to nice, borderline creepy nice. Throw in being a wizard on top of that, would equal kill on sight.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Alistair was never so smug,
I see Gale as, that guy in 101 who has never read the textbook but thinks he knows it better than the lecturer. Alistair was earnest, Gale is just smarmy and up himself.

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
Also- I support the important thread in the suggestions: Let everyone in the Party Speak
D
addict
addict
D
Really hard to say until we hear Gale's thoughts on "swooping".

Last edited by dwig; 16/02/21 01:20 AM.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by dwig

Gale: "Swooping is... defined as moving rapidly downwards through the air, derived from a dialect variant of Old Common with an early sense of a blow or stroke." (continues condescendingly for five minutes)

D
addict
addict
D
Originally Posted by Tarlonniel
Originally Posted by dwig

Gale: "Swooping is... defined as moving rapidly downwards through the air, derived from a dialect variant of Old Common with an early sense of a blow or stroke." (continues condescendingly for five minutes)

Definitely not the same as Alistair then!

R
enthusiast
enthusiast
R
Originally Posted by Scribe
Ah, that was after I had soured on Bioware.

I can’t blame you for having soured in Bioware by then but it’s a shame since Dragon Age was their one last return to form before turning completely into Nu-Bioware.

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
A part both being cis males no. They're completely different, not only from a physical and class point of view but also their character is different, Allistaire was naive, an idealist, in Dragon Age Origins you could harden him getting rid of his most soft aspects.

Gale seems more aware of the ways of the world, he doesn't show the need to become more harsh and cold.

Oh and lets not forget the fact that Allistaire was immune to the herosexual trend.

Banned
Banned
Originally Posted by Bufotenina
A part both being cis males no. They're completely different, not only from a physical and class point of view but also their character is different, Allistaire was naive, an idealist, in Dragon Age Origins you could harden him getting rid of his most soft aspects.

Gale seems more aware of the ways of the world, he doesn't show the need to become more harsh and cold.

Oh and lets not forget the fact that Allistaire was immune to the herosexual trend.

That's a mouthful. Ali like Muhammad and stair like stairs.

old hand
old hand
"Allistaire" is the Orlesian version, obviously. Fancy mask not included.

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Other than the fact that they are both male and have facial hair? No.

addict
addict
Nothing about Gale made me think of Allistair. Maybe I'm remembering wrong but Allistair came off as significantly less arrogant and intellectually inclined.

D
addict
addict
D
Originally Posted by Suzanne2020
Other than the fact that they are both male and have facial hair? No.

Its been a while, but I do not recall Alistair as having facial hair... Unless there is some evil version that I missed on all my play throughs.

Last edited by dwig; 17/02/21 03:05 AM.
B
Banned
Banned
B
Alistair was funny where gale is trying hard to be funny but never manages to be

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Baldurs-Gate-Fan
Alistair was funny where gale is trying hard to be funny but never manages to be

It's the other way around for me. I found Alistair incredible dull and boring, whereas Gale is quite entertaining. And Gales friendship path is quite more interesting.
I don't really see a similarity between those characters. Gale has more in common with Dorian, if we are looking for a DA counterpart.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard