Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
addict
addict
No, Larian does owe us something for purchasing a prototype game at full price with which to fund the development of the game. And also for putting our time, effort and our personal computer recources at their disposal. In exchange we get a game that regularly hangs or sometimes crashes and has many other glitches. Thanks to these thousands of paying but enthusiastic play-testers, Larian will be able to produce a (hopefully) wonderful game in a reasonable time.
So, in exchange, I think that Larian could for instance release some more frequent patches that correct a number of the hangs and crashes that are reported.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by DayVlad73
Originally Posted by MarcoNeves
Originally Posted by Niara
While it's good to hear news, I'm not going to jump onto the happily exultant band-wagon.

It's good to see news; It's LONG overdue. This patch NEEDS to bring a LOT to the table, needs to DO a lot, and needs to do it WELL, if they hope to restore even a portion of tester's confidence in their competency, and their capability of running a useful EA.

It's good to see news; how much they bring, and what they bring, will tell us how much of a start they can make on crawling out of the hole they've sunk into.

Completely unrelated: thank you for being one of the few people of culture online who still knows how to spell "a lot". I can't tell you how many times I've seen "alot" and "allot" on some forums. It's disgusting ( I teach English part time, so it drives me nuts). All this to say that your post made me a happy camper today. Thank you, Niara!
Dude,

first off larian doesn't "owe" YOU anything!!!
Before you write anything about my grammar, I already know it sucks!!!
I'm not very good at typing. If like me you paid the $ 59.00 for early access, than you should know just that...It's EARLY ACCESS!!!
hopefully they fix a lot of the bugs in the game before addressing other issues. ESPECIALLY!!! Romance which shouldn't be in a game at all.
sure man I agree they should keep us informed, but I'm pretty sure and be willing to bet that something has happened to cause the delay in communication.
Let's leave behind the puerile antics and let the doggies and children whine.

DayVlad: Why so angry, dude? Please, relax first of all. You're making zero sense in those first 3 sentences. But yes, Larian DOES owe us "something": the moment we payed 60 bucks, it owes us all a finished game roughly by the end of 2021. End of story. Now, we can discuss the specifics of what, how, when, and how often.... hence Early Access. So, Niara is not wrong.

Secondly: I was not referring to you when I made a comment about spelling (not grammar, by the way), but clearly that hit a nerve with you. Like I said, I teach English on the side, so if you have any questions about grammar, I can give you a few pointers, bro. laugh

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by ldo58
No, Larian does owe us something for purchasing a prototype game at full price with which to fund the development of the game. And also for putting our time, effort and our personal computer recources at their disposal. In exchange we get a game that regularly hangs or sometimes crashes and has many other glitches. Thanks to these thousands of paying but enthusiastic play-testers, Larian will be able to produce a (hopefully) wonderful game in a reasonable time.
So, in exchange, I think that Larian could for instance release some more frequent patches that correct a number of the hangs and crashes that are reported.

All solid points, Ido58.

The biggest issue constantly brought up is communication if needed hire someone specifically to ask questions and relay communications to the community. IE) A face to interact with people between big announcements like most bigger companies do.

While I myself really want something solid added at this point due to constant push backs on real content being added communication comes first. I do think the classes should be a priority and like most people I would like to see the party size expand to 6 though that is less of an issue than getting the classes in currently as well as getting more races/sub-races in as that allows us to pre-occupy our time with trying different class and race combinations. As well as mercenary options to expand on different race/classes outside the default characters sooner that is added the more people can be side tracked with building different parties and toying with content while other things are worked on.

I would like to see some random encounter content as well with random loot drops to diversity what kind of gear and weapons we can get because this would keep us busy as well.

1) Classes / Multi-Classing.
2) Races/Sub-races
3) Mercenaries / Improve Animal Companions Feature
4) Party of 6
5) Random Encounters / More Loot Options / Passive Progression.
6) Starting Gear Options / Ability Score Roll Options.
7) Options in multiplayer to swap out player characters when they are not online for Companions or just in general if the player wants to swap that character out.
8) Coloring options / Dyes for gear and armor / Color your Dice.
9) Story Progression additional levels
10) Romance / Cinematic Clean up (Most Games in the genra are purely text so waiting on cinematics / Romance plot flesh outs are very low on my personal priority List).

That would be my personal preference in how they work on things. I am perfectly happy with the current combat system outside minor tweaks to fix things like wizards casting healing spells and being able to swap weapons without an action being required. I am sure there are people would disagree but I think that is the order priority should be place to tune balance and allow for optimal customization while the story and additional areas of the game are being worked on. Thinking of giving people things to do to keep them pre-occupied and appealing to the majority of the audience still waiting to see there favorite classes enter the game even if we do not have all the subclasses out the gate at least getting 1 in for each class is a nice starting point. Your appealing to a much larger audience that way quicker and just expanding on the existing class from there. Again that is my perspective on priority however I am sure there are people would disagree. I am thinking of it from a majority perspective in how I would approach it to get as many people involved and occupy as much time as possible while other areas of the game are worked on like story which takes a lot more time and thought to develop and tune.

K
apprentice
apprentice
K
Originally Posted by Noraver
Originally Posted by Kerro
Enough already with the delaying tactics. If you've got an update just release it, not all this other bluff. This game has been in EA for nearly five months now and nothing new has been added. I think Larian have placed themselves in a terrible position here, in a grab for more funding they have sold a game as EA that isn't even at the demo stage. I personally think all of us who have parted with our hard earned should be made full partners in this game and treated as such since it would appear we are bankrolling it. This new update would need to be very good but somehow I think all we are about to get is a patch if the last one was anything to go on.

Translation:
"This game has been in Early Access for too long, and despite the world going through a devastating epidemic, holidays, and companies having to shift their entire industries to work from home, I am selfish and want this game released NOW. I don't care if the Dungeons & Dragons team is excited their biggest and most beloved franchise/game series is being rebooted and wants to host an event talking about it. I am entitled to become a full partner of this game and company because I purchased it."

I do not need you to translate my words, if you wish to make a comment of your own then by all means do so. I did not mention pandemics, holidays or companies having to work from home those are your comments don't try to project yourself through me. If you have something to say try to do it like a grown up not an infantile child. I'm addressing issues like "value for money", 'good service' and many more. If the issues you raise are pertinent then the company should have delayed the early release of this product. I strongly suspect you are a company stooge sent into the forums to slap down anyone complaining about the poor service. It seems to be happening a lot on this forum.

Last edited by Kerro; 15/02/21 06:11 AM.
addict
addict
Don’t get it - Larian made it abundantly clear this was early access - they even said that it may be better to wait until full release if that was an issue for some. We knew the price & whether or not you agreed with it you paid it ... knowing what you know.
We are game testers & supporters of what we hope will be a successful game - me personally I’ve had my $60 USD worth already.
But how can you complain when you knew what you were doing ????

The game is a work in progress & so long as there is progress then that’s surely what matters - don’t pay your money and then whinge about it not living upto your view of a fully completed AAA finished title.

Heck this game in its current state is miles ahead of many “finished” games...

Let’s hope this weeks panel keeps the momentum going & gives some more meaningful upgrades/enhancements to look forward to in the upcoming patch.

Last edited by Tarorn; 15/02/21 10:13 AM.
N
N
I really hope that Patch Number 4 will be HUGE

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by ldo58

I mean, when you put it THAT way...

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Machinus
Please have Mr. Crawford explain how they are going to prevent Ranger from being one of the dump classes of BG3, and if Ranger will be changed in 6E or will remain obsolete like it is in 5E.

Why do you consider the Ranger being a dump class? I'm currently playing an Elven female Ranger Knight and she is a tank surprisingly enough. And I will re-roll her once the update is available. I'm just hoping that they fix a lot of the bugs for the Feats and weapons which is one thing that has been needed since the beginning and hopefully add some more gameplay as well which would be nice; like letting us go to maybe Level 7 for example.

wonder if we'll be able to see a recap of the announcement as I don't get off work until 8 am as I work 3rd shift.

Last edited by DragonMaster69; 15/02/21 01:31 PM.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by DragonMaster69
Please have Mr. Crawford explain how they are going to prevent Ranger from being one of the dump classes of BG3, and if Ranger will be changed in 6E or will remain obsolete like it is in 5E.

Why do you consider the Ranger being a dump class? I'm currently playing an Elven female Ranger Knight and she is a tank surprisingly enough. And I will re-roll her once the update is available. I'm just hoping that they fix a lot of the bugs for the Feats and weapons which is one thing that has been needed since the beginning and hopefully add some more gameplay as well which would be nice; like letting us go to maybe Level 7 for example.

wonder if we'll be able to see a recap of the announcement as I don't get off work until 8 am as I work 3rd shift.

I don't know about dumpclass but right now, the Rangers animal companion they get at 3rd or 4th is lack luster. It's level does match half the rangers and has flat stat creatures along with all the different types stats being all over the place.

I did hear that pnp Ranger 5e was pretty boring and Larian homebrewed some stuff in bg3 for the class, what that is donno.

apprentice
apprentice
Holy hell people. I'm going to re-quote my own comment in the last thread.

The entitlement complex some of you all have is outrageous.

This is game development, not some small assignment that's going to have a report every couple of weeks. For a major AAA game no less. If you chose to be part of the Early Access, you knew this going in. They even said it prior to them selling anything. The game isn't going anywhere. You are willingly participating.

I think it's been made clear by every single one of their major patches and hotfixes they've been listening to feedback. There's a priority. Unlike DoS, where they were completely fan funded, this is not. Sure, you could argue the fact that they're selling a product. But this is extremely different. The shareholders are not us this time. They don't owe us an update every step of the way. It's going to be a long year and half (or more) if you folks keep wanting news every 2 weeks. It'll happen. We are just out of the holidays and still in a worldwide pandemic. BG2 came out 20 years ago (21 this year) Another 2 years isn't going to kill you.

It's fun to read the updates as they come, but I check the forums once a week. If there's news, great. If there isn't, just check next week. There's not going to be major developments every 2 weeks. It's not like I'm going to get screwed out of my money. I'll have a game a launch, just the same as anyone else. Personally I haven't touched the game since initially beating the first act. I'll probably go in again this update.

Last edited by odesseiron81; 15/02/21 03:52 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
I don't get how some people could be so harsh on a game which is still an Early Access.

Don't get me wrong, the game is nowhere near what it should be right now, it's all over the place in many ways (spell scrolls for all classes, lack of class flavor, gimmicky DOS mechanics in regards to advantage on higher grounds/backstab, overabundance of useless loot, I could go on for way longer but you get the point).

Yet, Larian showed us they cared (even a little) by reducing surfaces a bit and tuning things asked by the community, which is a good step in the right direction.

I really hope they get enough constructive feedback (and there is plenty on these forums) to continue tuning the game and making it closer to what a D&D based video game should be.

What devs don't need though is people just bashing and complaining for the sake of it. It's an early access. You don't like it ? Provide constructive feedback. You just want to crush devs ? move on, there are plenty of other games to be played much to your taste.

apprentice
apprentice
Please fix the GOG patch so that it is an actual patch and not 60GB+ download the whole game again? This would be greatly appreciated as ISPs are hitting us with data caps and downloading 60GB+ each time is getting expensive.

Thank you for your consideration with this request.

M
Machinus
Unregistered
Machinus
Unregistered
M
BG3 Ranger is different from 5E Ranger. They had to change it, otherwise no one would play it.

But, BG3 is being developed in partnership with WotC! This is not a custom homebrew class! So, how it different? Because WotC knows 5E Ranger is a failed design, and they want this product to be successful. It is obvious that they intend to redesign It for 6E, even though it's taking forever to get a new edition out.

I would like to hear discussion from Crawford about why these changes were made, and their intention to give players better reasons to plyay Ranger in 6E.

S
addict
addict
S
BG3 Ranger is different from 5E Ranger. They had to change it, otherwise no one would play it.

But, BG3 is being developed in partnership with WotC! This is not a custom homebrew class! So, how it different? Because WotC knows 5E Ranger is a failed design, and they want this product to be successful. It is obvious that they intend to redesign It for 6E, even though it's taking forever to get a new edition out.

I would like to hear discussion from Crawford about why these changes were made, and their intention to give players better reasons to plyay Ranger in 6E.

I don't think 6e is remotely close to coming out...would be weird to treat this as a preview of updates to Ranger or whatever.

E
addict
addict
E
Panel from Hell 2 will also unveil the ways Larian is meeting the challenge of BG3, along with a peek at newly improved cinematics, Tieflings, spells and cows, oh my! And wrapping up the show, we'll be live streaming the latest content from Baldur's Gate 3's biggest update yet.

Quietly optimistic that the best parts in the patch are being kept secret for a whack from the surprise hammer during the live stream...because cinematics and Tieflings don't seem to be the most pressing issues that need remedying. I'm hoping for some real substance here not just shiny cosmetics. Fingers crossed.

Originally Posted by Etruscan
Panel from Hell 2 will also unveil the ways Larian is meeting the challenge of BG3, along with a peek at newly improved cinematics, Tieflings, spells and cows, oh my! And wrapping up the show, we'll be live streaming the latest content from Baldur's Gate 3's biggest update yet.

Quietly optimistic that the best parts in the patch are being kept secret for a whack from the surprise hammer during the live stream...because cinematics and Tieflings don't seem to be the most pressing issues that need remedying. I'm hoping for some real substance here not just shiny cosmetics. Fingers crossed.

If its just cinimatics and more tiefling cosmetics I think ill be looking for another game to play because honestly the lack of new content has been extremely depressing so far. Every other game out there is adding new content so far we have gotten nothing at all and really not impressed with the lack of new content Games that have been out less time have added new content and improved bg 3 has added absolutely nothing so far honestly the panel has to have something wow or else the game is pretty much going to toilet.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by acatlas
If its just cinimatics and more tiefling cosmetics I think ill be looking for another game to play because honestly the lack of new content has been extremely depressing so far. Every other game out there is adding new content so far we have gotten nothing at all and really not impressed with the lack of new content Games that have been out less time have added new content and improved bg 3 has added absolutely nothing so far honestly the panel has to have something wow or else the game is pretty much going to toilet.

Really don't know why you didn't do that earlier, you joined in October so I'm guessing you came in around the same time I did. They are running EA for a while, no need to stick around the whole time.

addict
addict

It's the 1st chapter of the game in EA, not a Live-Service Game. They said from the start that they aren't going to give us more than the 1st chapter and the whole team is working both on building the rest of the game and implementing those suggests and fixes to our part of the game. If you're not ready to wait for a new dose of content then EA is not for you at all.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Zellin

It's the 1st chapter of the game in EA, not a Live-Service Game. They said from the start that they aren't going to give us more than the 1st chapter and the whole team is working both on building the rest of the game and implementing those suggests and fixes to our part of the game. If you're not ready to wait for a new dose of content then EA is not for you at all.
Well said, Zellin. 100%.

Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard