Scribe Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
S
Originally Posted by Anfindel
Originally Posted by Scribe
Originally Posted by VioletGrey
Why would you leave a Steam review for an unfinished game?

So that items like.

Movement.
5e implementation. (Advantage/Disadvantage)
Spells being balanced on analytics.

Can be highlighted, before Larian locks in on a sub optimal solution.

And then, once your dreams are true and everything YOU want is completed to YOUR satisfaction....

Potential Buyer A reads those negative reviews and decides not to buy the game.

Whoo Hoo...Mission Accomplished !! Not!!!

They are marked as EA...

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by VioletGrey
Why would you leave a Steam review for an unfinished game?

So that people will know what they are buying.

Optimistically Apocalyptic
G
stranger
stranger
G
OP I've read your post about leaving a Steam review. I've also read many other posts where you've made it clear that you don't really like the way this game is going. My question is what exactly are people supposed to say to make you happy when they write their review on Steam? I've played the Early Access game and I liked what I saw. Should I post a positive review or do you only want reviews that agree with your opinion of the game? It seems to me that you're trying to promote review bombing to put this game in a negative light because you aren't happy with it. That's not right. You're entitled to your opinions but that doesn't mean that you're right and everybody else is wrong. In fact if we go by ratings and review scores this game is going in the right direction. There's only a small minority such as yourself who seems to have a problem with this game.

So what if it isn't exactly 5e rules. Bioware, Obsidian and Troika didn't implement the rules exactly when they created BG1, BG2, NWN, NWN 2 and ToE. There are feats and skills in those games that you won't find in any D&D rulebook. Things get adapted and changed when converting from a tabletop rpg to a computer rpg. So what if people think Solasta follows 5e rules better than BG3 does? To me all that says is that different developers went different ways in converting 5e rules to the computer. As for BG3 seeming a lot like DOS2 that's absurd. The same game engine was most likely used to create both games. Just as Bioware did with BG1 and BG2. Obsidian used what Bioware already had and refined it to create NWN2. Nothing wrong with that.

I've played BG3 and DOS2. There are similarities as far as game functions go but the rules are definitely different between the two games. As for BG3 following 5e rules, I believe that for the most part the game does follow 5e rules. I make allowances for where it deviates because I'm not a game developer or programmer but I do know that sometimes changes need to be made to convert from tabletop to computer. People had no problem when Bioware did the same thing with NWN.

My point with all of this goes back to your OP telling people to leave a Steam review. I like the direction the game is going. If it ends up with the same kind of editing tools that DO2 has this game will have the same type of longevity that NWN has. Let me ask you again. I'm ready to post a review. What exactly do you want me to say? Are positive reviews allowed? Or are you only looking for review and opinions that you agree with?

Last edited by Grinch; 16/02/21 10:23 PM. Reason: mispelled words
old hand
old hand
@Grinch -- what exactly do you think "review bombing" means?

G
stranger
stranger
G
I know what it means. I'm pretty sure that's exactly what the OP had in mind too. Over a game that's not even finished because they don't like the way the direction that the game is going. Why review bomb with negative reviews? Why not just move on and find another game. There are plenty of games out there.

What's happening is that a small minority don't like this game for whatever reason and they think that their opinions are the only opinions that matter. Like I said in my post. I'm writing a review. What does the OP want me to say? The implication is that anybody writing a review is supposed to write a negative review. All because the OP doesn't like the game. He's telling everybody to write reviews. He may as well tell them what to say too.

That's was my point. He's trying to start a review bombing campaign to trash an Early Access game that he's not happy with. He may as well tell everybody what to say so that it agrees with his opinion. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't want me reviewing the game because I don't think he would be happy with my positive review. Good D&D computer games are a rare breed. In my opinion this game has the potential to be a very good D&D computer game just like NWN was. That's my opinion based just on Early Access. This game is 1000 times better than Sword Coast Legends. Like I said if they release editing tools like they did for DOS2 this game will have the same longevity that NWN has had.

old hand
old hand
Dude, leaving a negative review for a game you have a negative opinion of is not review bombing. It's being honest and helping your fellow consumers come to an informed decision. Reviews are not just for when you like something.

S
Scribe Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
S
No, I'm not looking to start review bombing.

I look around here, and would want the many reviews and concerns around the basic topics (movement, combat, 5e, lack of communication) stated not just here, but on steam, reddit, wherever Larian will see it.

G
stranger
stranger
G
No, I'm not looking to start review bombing.

I look around here, and would want the many reviews and concerns around the basic topics (movement, combat, 5e, lack of communication) stated not just here, but on steam, reddit, wherever Larian will see it.
That's exactly what you're trying to do when you tell everybody to leave a Steam review. The implication is that you expect people to leave negative reviews. Concern about the basic topics is translation for the things that you don't like. What if I don't have those concerns? Should I write my positive review or are you only looking for negative reviews to show up everywhere? I don't have a problem with the current state of the game because I realize that the game is in Early Access and has a long way to go before it gets to a final release state.

You don't post concerns about a Early Access game in a negative review. Not if you want the game to succeed. You send your concerns to the developer. That doesn't mean they have an obligation to respond to you or do things your way. I'm right with you posting a negative review if the release version of the game has problems but not now. I like what I see from this Early Access version and I have no doubt that it will get better. My point is there's no need to post negative reviews anywhere. Like I said concerns should be sent to the developer not posted in a negative review. But hey you paid your money the same as I did. If you have $60 to throw away posting negative reviews because things aren't going your way then more power to you. I like what I see and the only type of review I could post would be positive.

As I said in my other post, good D&D computer games are a rare breed. This game has the potential to be a great game. But you have to give it and the developer's a chance. This game is already 1000 times better than the final release of Sword Coast Legends was. That was the last great hope for a good D&D game. Think about it. Times are good if this game and Solasta both live up to their potential. When was the last time we got two good D&D games at the same time?

G
stranger
stranger
G
Originally Posted by Dexai
Dude, leaving a negative review for a game you have a negative opinion of is not review bombing. It's being honest and helping your fellow consumers come to an informed decision. Reviews are not just for when you like something.
But that's not what you're doing. You're leaving a negative review for an Early Access game which is still under development and not finished. You have no idea how the final product will turn out. All you know is that there was one or more things that you didn't like in Early Access. Things are subject to change from Early Access to release. So all you're really doing by posting a negative review is throwing a tantrum because things aren't the way you wanted them in the game.

How is that helpful to consumers? I'm with you if problems exist in the final release version. Posting a negative review would be helpful then. But this is Early Access and an alpha version of the game. The game isn't finished yet. Things are subject to change. Go ahead and leave a negative review though. You paid your money and bought that right. All you're doing by doing it is throwing your money away. If you have concerns about the game then send them to the developers. That doesn't mean they're obligated to respond to you or do things exactly as you want them done.

My point is you really aren't doing anybody any favors by posting a negative review. Not now with the game still under development. It comes off more as someone throwing a tantrum because the game wasn't made to their specifications. There's a long way to go before this game gets released and a lot can and most likely will change before then.

S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by Grinch
You're leaving a negative review for an Early Access game which is still under development and not finished. You have no idea how the final product will turn out.

Wouldn’t this part also apply to positive reviews?

If one side can make assertions then so can the other side.

W
veteran
veteran
W
What happens to all of the EA reviews once the game launches? Are they still counted with reviews from people who played the full game?

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Warlocke
What happens to all of the EA reviews once the game launches? Are they still counted with reviews from people who played the full game?

Nope, they're all clearly marked as "EA reviews".

But that's not what you're doing. You're leaving a negative review for an Early Access game which is still under development and not finished. You have no idea how the final product will turn out. All you know is that there was one or more things that you didn't like in Early Access. Things are subject to change from Early Access to release. So all you're really doing by posting a negative review is throwing a tantrum because things aren't the way you wanted them in the game.

How is that helpful to consumers? I'm with you if problems exist in the final release version. Posting a negative review would be helpful then. But this is Early Access and an alpha version of the game. The game isn't finished yet. Things are subject to change. Go ahead and leave a negative review though. You paid your money and bought that right. All you're doing by doing it is throwing your money away. If you have concerns about the game then send them to the developers. That doesn't mean they're obligated to respond to you or do things exactly as you want them done.

My point is you really aren't doing anybody any favors by posting a negative review. Not now with the game still under development. It comes off more as someone throwing a tantrum because the game wasn't made to their specifications. There's a long way to go before this game gets released and a lot can and most likely will change before then.

They're not selling the full game. They're selling the game as is. So that is what should be reviewed.

I think you cone off as somebody throwing a tantrum because somebody dared dislike something you like.

G
stranger
stranger
G
Originally Posted by Warlocke

Nope, they're all clearly marked as "EA reviews".

They're not selling the full game. They're selling the game as is. So that is what should be reviewed.

I think you cone off as somebody throwing a tantrum because somebody dared dislike something you like.
They are selling the full game. You didn't pay $60 just for Early Access. That price gets you Early Access plus the final release version. You say I'm throwing a tantrum? How so? I'm not the one pushing people to write reviews for an unfinished game. Early Access reviews, positive and negative, are rather pointless since the game is still a work in progress. But someone with a negative opinion of Early Access imploring people to write Steam reviews does more harm than good. Let's be honest here. The OP wasn't really looking for anybody to write a positive review. He wants people who agree with him to write reviews. In other words he wants to review bomb a game still under development just because the game doesn't meet his standards in some way.

G
stranger
stranger
G
Originally Posted by spectralhunter
You're leaving a negative review for an Early Access game which is still under development and not finished. You have no idea how the final product will turn out.

There are no sides to this. How do you figure there is? Some people are going to like the way the game is being developed and some people aren't. The point here is that the game is still under development. The OP is urging people to write negative Steam reviews. He has a negative opinion of the game. The implication is that he wants others who share his opinion to write negative reviews in an attempt to review bomb this game even before it's final release. That's kind of pointless considering the game is still under development and subject to change many times before it goes gold. You don't raise concerns by posting negative reviews. You send those concerns to the development team. This comes off as an individual or group throwing a temper tantrum because the game isn't being made exactly to their standards.

Like I said there are no sides to this. Early Access reviews are pretty much pointless. That's why Steam marks them as EA reviews. The only reason I want to leave a positive review is as a counterpoint to people like the OP who is really trying to trash the game. Reminds me of a little kid throwing a tantrum because they didn't get their way.

S
Scribe Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
S
Don't worry there are many people declaring this game the greatest of all time, I'm sure the cut scenes will be fantastic.

apprentice
apprentice
The OP gripes more about their dissatisfaction with the direction than just about anyone I've seen and is claiming they want a refund. I guarantee you even if a refund was offered to them, they would not take it and would still be complaining about everything in the months to come.

S
Scribe Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
S
Oh and not once did I say to only share negative reviews.

S
Scribe Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
S
Originally Posted by odesseiron81
The OP gripes more about their dissatisfaction with the direction than just about anyone I've seen and is claiming they want a refund. I guarantee you even if a refund was offered to them, they would not take it and would still be complaining about everything in the months to come.

If I get one I'll post a screenshot for you. smile

S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by spectralhunter

There are no sides to this. How do you figure there is? Some people are going to like the way the game is being developed and some people aren't. The point here is that the game is still under development. The OP is urging people to write negative Steam reviews. He has a negative opinion of the game. The implication is that he wants others who share his opinion to write negative reviews in an attempt to review bomb this game even before it's final release. That's kind of pointless considering the game is still under development and subject to change many times before it goes gold. You don't raise concerns by posting negative reviews. You send those concerns to the development team. This comes off as an individual or group throwing a temper tantrum because the game isn't being made exactly to their standards.

Like I said there are no sides to this. Early Access reviews are pretty much pointless. That's why Steam marks them as EA reviews. The only reason I want to leave a positive review is as a counterpoint to people like the OP who is really trying to trash the game. Reminds me of a little kid throwing a tantrum because they didn't get their way.

I have no beef in this argument and I’m just referring to posting reviews. Of course there’s sides. One side likes where the game is going the other does not. If you can post good reviews for EA then others should be able to post negative ones.

I’m not sure why this idea is confusing.

P
addict
addict
P
You folks are amazing. I know I played a bunch offline, but not even close to 100.

Are you D&D players? Because I know what should be there, and what simply isn't up to par, so why test it again?

I have played a lot of D&D in the past, but I am not going to fanboi hate a game because it is not some 1:1 replica of a tabletop game. It seems from a few of your posts, that is the major issue with you.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard