Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
R
At some point during several of my run-throughs, Roah and her two guards have retreated inside the treasure room that they start out guarding. This is a pain because you can't get close enough to her to start trading without stepping into the treasure room, which starts combat. I suppose I could try to pick up Minor Illusion to try to lure her near the doorway, but that doesn't work well when I have tried.

Does anyone know the trigger for her retreat? I usually do several things at once in the Shattered Sanctum, so I don't know which one makes her go into the room. Could be: releasing the spiders, starting to kill the goblin leaders, or stealing all her treasure.

I never realized that she would go in there for any reason other than your prompting the gobbos to bang their wardrums?

I will say that other than potentially losing out on the high dollar gold chest that is tucked away in there, having your mage hurl a fire bolt into the room causes one of the best explosions in the game and usually takes all three of them out immediately or at least knocks down the life of any survivor so that any attack will then polish them off!

I usually sneak in there and steal the gold almost as soon as I enter the Shattered Sanctum in order to avoid missing out on the bounty and then at whatever point suits me, blow that room to kingdom come. Satisfaction!

“This year the utopian candy shell has melted away to expose a hard center of bizarre reality.”
enthusiast
enthusiast
The trick is to get to the treasure room before you engage in any combat with the goblins (with the exception of Gut, because she's so deep into her lair that the other goblins don't notice if anything happens to her).

R
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
R
Originally Posted by Capt.Wells
I never realized that she would go in there for any reason other than your prompting the gobbos to bang their wardrums?

It's not about the war drums - I always wreck them first so that I don't get everyone piling on when I pick them off a piece at a time.

I will say that other than potentially losing out on the high dollar gold chest that is tucked away in there, having your mage hurl a fire bolt into the room causes one of the best explosions in the game and usually takes all three of them out immediately or at least knocks down the life of any survivor so that any attack will then polish them off!

Yep, the biggest already-set-up bang in the game. Fun to see, but wasteful of useful materials.

I usually sneak in there and steal the gold almost as soon as I enter the Shattered Sanctum in order to avoid missing out on the bounty and then at whatever point suits me, blow that room to kingdom come. Satisfaction!

Ok, so it probably isn't stealing the gold that triggers her retreat. Good to know.

Originally Posted by BeeBee
The trick is to get to the treasure room before you engage in any combat with the goblins (with the exception of Gut, because she's so deep into her lair that the other goblins don't notice if anything happens to her).

I generally pick off the goblins from the edges first and work inward. Sometime during that process, Roah retreats.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Oh, I know -- split your party. Engage one of them in conversation with Roah, for trading or whatever, and have another one climb through the roof to get into the room while the conversation is going on. She won't be able to retreat.

R
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
R
Oh, I know -- split your party. Engage one of them in conversation with Roah, for trading or whatever, and have another one climb through the roof to get into the room while the conversation is going on. She won't be able to retreat.

The retreat happens off-screen, and once she is inside the treasure room, she stays there.

X
journeyman
journeyman
X
Originally Posted by RBarbare

The retreat happens off-screen, and once she is inside the treasure room, she stays there.

Waiting for patch 4 to drop before I reinstall the game, so I can't check this method for you.
Since you think you should be able to talk to her, I'm assuming Roah isn't directly aligned with the goblins. If this is the case, sending Halsin in the room won't trigger hostility on her part.
Rescue Halsin. Leave at least one Goblin boss alive. Get him to the treasure room. Either clear out the front area, or if you're sneaky, and the goblin kids didn't escape the worg pens, turn him invisible.
Shove on level ground doesn't do damage, so Halsin should be able to shove Roah without triggering hostility.
There is also a possibility that Halsin can throw her as well. Some NPCs(like the Gith in the mountain pass, and Kagha) can be thrown by Halsin without triggering hostility, but you'll only be able to do it a limited number of times before killing her.
If her AI is passive, and she doesn't try to walk back to her original location after shoving, then just shove her until she's out of the room.
If she tries to walk back you'll need to do some prep, and partially block the door by shoving barrels. So that when you give her the final shove, you can walk forward and Halsin's body will block her path back into the room. Entering turn based mode will make it easier to make progress shoving her out the door.

Link Copied to Clipboard