Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
E
addict
addict
E
Unable to watch any longer due to dinner making commitments. Happy to see the druid make an appearance but am I right there’s been no acknowledgement of the feedback on party controls and combat after all this time? I was in no way expecting new content in terms of the map but was hoping for a couple of classes and maybe some amendments to some of of the more obvious issues.

I get the impression they are doubling down on their stance regarding homebrew rules and DOS-like mechanics.

I mean, a housecat/bobcat (druid form) killing a goblin? Even in a fantasy world with magic that’s a stretch.

enthusiast
enthusiast
INTELLECT DEVOURER WILD SHAPE! It looked as creepy as you can imagine.

apprentice
apprentice
No date for the patch ???

Aaaaaaaaaa...

addict
addict
Well looks cool. Also happy they say 'next week' not 'soon' as always. But still w8 bard ;<

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by ste100
No date for the patch ???

Aaaaaaaaaa...

Sometime next week. Wanted it be this week but some bug is delaying things.

S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by Nibel
Originally Posted by Scribe
I put in my refund request 5 minutes ago. Disappointment doesn't even begin to describe it.

I thought you can't refund a game after more than 1 month, at least on GoG.

I don't know, but I'll get on a call with a support rep and complain about it regardless.

The game is EA. If I don't like the direction, I should be able to get my money back, or even credit, that I can then provide to say... Solasta.

I
old hand
old hand
I
Originally Posted by Etruscan
Unable to watch any longer due to dinner making commitments. Happy to see the druid make an appearance but am I right there’s been no acknowledgement of the feedback on party controls and combat after all this time? I was in no way expecting new content in terms of the map but was hoping for a couple of classes and maybe some amendments to some of of the more obvious issues.

I get the impression they are doubling down on their stance regarding homebrew rules and DOS-like mechanics.

I mean, a housecat/bobcat (druid form) killing a goblin? Even in a fantasy world with magic that’s a stretch.

Its over anyway.
It would depend on the stats and level. In 3E a housecat was actually quite dangerous for level 1 characters simply because there is not much room to scale down anymore once you deal with low level creatures.
But yes, they certainly are doubling down on the Larian style and their own interpretation of how the game should play out (more flashy, more special abilities, preferably unlimited, etc.)

When you are done with this livestream you can watch a live demo from Wrath of the Righteous from last year and then tell me which one feels more like BG3

Last edited by Ixal; 17/02/21 08:26 PM.
veteran
veteran
Actually 'discussing advantage' does sound like the kind of non-topic you can expect from these things. dunno

journeyman
journeyman
If all we're getting is the druid class I'm not so sure I'm motivated to re-roll...

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Ixal
[quote=Etruscan]
When you are done with this livestream you can watch a live demo from Wrath of the Righteous from last year and then tell me which one feels more like BG3
Oh, about that... Now that turn-based is in beta I'd be playing Wrath of the Righteous non-stop if these fuckers at Owlcat didn't make it a 114 dollars paywall.

Last edited by Tuco; 17/02/21 08:35 PM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
I
old hand
old hand
I
Originally Posted by Roethen
If all we're getting is the druid class I'm not so sure I'm motivated to re-roll...
As Patch 4 will invalidate all saves you won't have much of a choice, unless you downgrade your game to Patch 3.

addict
addict

It seems they also changed or improved some scenes.

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Ixal
As Patch 4 will invalidate all saves you won't have much of a choice, unless you downgrade your game to Patch 3.
Depending on how much has changed not everybody will be playing this patch.

Originally Posted by Rack
Originally Posted by Lunar Dante
It smells Druid : knots in wood in the figures of the countdown, vegetation on the stones, and... cow wildshape (CR 1/4) !

Somebody get this man a biscuit!

Thank you for the biscuit.

journeyman
journeyman
Hey Larian, i love what you do and with how much passion and work you bring things like this Panel from Hell.
However even i must say, that i expected a little bit more from the BIG patch then the druid class and some new spells.
I mean..sure, its cool as hell, especially the extra quest line, but its not bringing me back to interact through the same characters, plots and
enviroments for more than a couple of hours.

I hoped for more stuff to explore - more of act 1, new characters OR ne origin chars or anything like that.

veteran
veteran
I can't be the only one interested in how a druid character's interaction with the Grove will change. Especially if you side with the goblins.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Nyloth

Well, that's cosmetic bullshit that they could save for the very last month of development for all I care.
We don't play an EA to rate the prettiness of cutscenes from 1 to 10 like judges in a beauty contest. We play it to put mechanics and encounters to the test, see them improved according to feedback, etc.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
I
old hand
old hand
I
Originally Posted by Tuco

Well, that's cosmetic bullshit that they could save for the very last month of development for all I care.
We don't play an EA to rate the prettiness of cutscenes from 1 to 10 like judges in a beauty contest. We play it to put mechanics and encounters to the test, see them improved according to feedback, etc.
Cutscenes are done by different people than coding, and its very inefficient to have them sit around doing nothing while the coders are still working. That means with each big patch you get a little bit from everything.

N
apprentice
apprentice
N
Originally Posted by Tuco

Well, at least the cutscenes do work, after 2 months of hard labour.

The way Larian manages party movement is dreadful
enthusiast
enthusiast
Love the new Druid. Can't wait to solo with him. I play online with a buddy of mine so a party of 2 Druids is a given as well.

The new cut scene with Will looked good. Looking forward to reading the full patch notes.

This is shaping up to the best installment of Baldur's Gate yet.

Last edited by Alodar; 17/02/21 08:45 PM.
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard