Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I
old hand
old hand
I
If you want a comparison, Owlcat is currently streaming from the Wrath Beta in turn based mode
Code
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YRWsYGoz-U

Now you tell me which one looks more like BG3

Last edited by Ixal; 17/02/21 08:48 PM.
addict
addict
I noticed Swen asking, " Is it okay if we change this?" and a man named Jeremy (I didn't hear who he was) said that board games need to be adapted to video games and that's fine. You know, I think it was a hint that they weren't going to change the mechanics much. I certainly don't care, because as a fan of video games, not board games, I'm fine with that.

But maybe it was a hint for others...

Last edited by Nyloth; 17/02/21 08:55 PM.

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
I will wait for the patch notes to see if there is something linked to our concerns about D&D homepoohed rules.
If there is nothing, I will dream about sending some messages to Wotc expressing our concerns. Like a petition.

Last edited by Lunar Dante; 17/02/21 08:53 PM.
S
addict
addict
S
What an utter disappointment.

I have no interest in Druid, especially if it's not even built and implemented as per the rules.

As predicted, they made some progress on cut scenes.

This is shaping up to be the weakest Baldurs Gate yet.

N
apprentice
apprentice
N
Originally Posted by Alodar
This is shaping up to the best installment of Baldur's Gate yet.

To be the best Larian game, sure. But this game has nothing to do with the original, no pun intended, Baldur's Gate.

The way Larian manages party movement is dreadful
T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
I don't mind the pace of the progress (got plenty of games to play) - but this does tell me we're really far out from a release.

It's not just that only half the classes are available at this point - this current system - especially the UI (i.e. the level up menu, etc), does not take multi-classing into mind at all. Meaning even once they implement all the classes, they'll need also go through tons of changes to implement multiclassing.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Ixal
If you want a comparison, Owlcat is currently streaming from the Wrath Beta in turn based mode
Code
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YRWsYGoz-U

Now you tell me which one looks more like BG3

Watching it right now, it's baffling...
I'm going to curl up in the corner and cry, don't mind me.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Lunar Dante
I will wait for the patch notes to see if there is something linked to our concerns about D&D homepoohed rules.
If there is nothing, I will dream about sending some messages to Wotc expressing our concerns. Like a petition.

I bet they don't care, Larian was openly told that they would "mix" the systems. Wotc probably knew about this.

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
Originally Posted by Nyloth

I bet they don't care, Larian was openly told that they would "mix" the systems. Wotc probably knew about this.

I think they knew, and I think that our feedback about this are not reported to Wotc, and that Wotc is more concerned about the reaction of D&D fans than Larian.
So if Wotc could hear our concerns, they would probably be more interested in them than Larian currently is.

R
enthusiast
enthusiast
R
I noticed Swen asking, " Is it okay if we change this?" and a man named Jeremy (I didn't hear who he was) said that board games need to be adapted to video games and that's fine. You know, I think it was a hint that they weren't going to change the mechanics much. I certainly don't care, because as a fan of video games, not board games, I'm fine with that.

But maybe it was a hint for others...

Yeah I got that. Which is annoying because it's not that they are changing things that's the problem but that the changes are bad.

V
stranger
stranger
V
I like the druid and all but this was waaaaay over hyped for what seems to be little more than bug fixes and a single added class.

S
addict
addict
S

I think they knew, and I think that our feedback about this are not reported to Wotc, and that Wotc is more concerned about the reaction of D&D fans than Larian.
So if Wotc could hear our concerns, they would probably be more interested in them than Larian currently is.

I'll go create a Twitter account and let them know. smile

R
enthusiast
enthusiast
R
Originally Posted by Scribe

You are without doubt the worst Baldurs Gate I've ever heard of.

Hope I got the quotes right. Honestly I could see both even if the systems are frustrating me.

Last edited by Rack; 17/02/21 09:05 PM.
S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by Rack

You are without doubt the worst Baldurs Gate I've ever heard of.

Hope I got the quotes right. Honestly I could see both even if the systems are frustrating me.

It has potential, as of now, I don't expect it to be realized.

I
old hand
old hand
I

I'll go create a Twitter account and let them know. smile
Don't put too much hope into that. I doubt WotC has too much influence on Larian now although it would depend on the actual contract. But even if WotC threatens to not make future deals with them, which is probably the worst thing they can do, Larian has its own IP and does not depend on it.
I also doubt that WotC has a problem with Larian bending the rules. They are on a big D&D marketing offensive with games and the upcoming movie, so likely care more about a flashy presentation and name dropping than staying true to their rules.
Especially as with the recent books WotC has started to modify rules quite heavily themselves.

Don't put too much hope into that. I doubt WotC has too much influence on Larian now although it would depend on the actual contract. But even if WotC threatens to not make future deals with them, which is probably the worst thing they can do, Larian has its own IP and does not depend on it.
I also doubt that WotC has a problem with Larian bending the rules. They are on a big D&D marketing offensive with games and the upcoming movie, so likely care more about a flashy presentation and name dropping than staying true to their rules.
Especially as with the recent books WotC has started to modify rules quite heavily themselves.

Could we count on your signature for the petition ?

addict
Online Content
addict
I couldn't watch, but such an event to announce one new class does seem like overkill.
Waiting for the release notes to see what bugs were fixed. I hope they did something to improve the camera movement to avoid watching floors and rocks while battle's going on out-of-sight.
I take it from the comments above that improvement of movement and ridiculous series of combat misses weren't addressed either.

veteran
Online Content
veteran
Originally Posted by fylimar
The soloing of the hag didn't go that well - where is bullse, when you need him, our solo expert

On a related note... Did you guys notice that Swen keep splitting up his party for no fucking reason whatsoever and suffering the most crushing defeats because of it?

He may not be willing to admit it openly, but in his own heart even he knows that Larian's party control in BG3 is utter shit and a borderline painful experience to endure.

Last edited by Tuco; 17/02/21 09:33 PM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
I
old hand
old hand
I
Originally Posted by ldo58
I couldn't watch, but such an event to announce one new class does seem like overkill.
Waiting for the release notes to see what bugs were fixed. I hope they did something to improve the camera movement to avoid watching floors and rocks while battle's going on out-of-sight.
I take it from the comments above that improvement of movement and ridiculous series of combat misses weren't addressed either.
The recording:

There is a new loaded dice option which makes the die roll less extreme (clusters the results more around 10 if I understood it right) which should address series of misses a bit (they are not totally gone though)

Could we count on your signature for the petition ?

Sorry, no.
I do not believe in online petitions and in the end Larian should make the game they want and the commercial success or failure will prove them right (or not).

Last edited by Ixal; 17/02/21 09:34 PM.
B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
...just by watching the gameplay at the end I'm giving up on the game. All the imbalanced things that are critised are things that they proudly present as great features.

All the concerns about action economy are not addressed instead we get a druid with modified action costs - getting out of wildshape doesn't cost a bonus action anymore, so you can turn into a bird fly somewhere switch to bear and attack or just go to humanoid again and start casting from the high ground... or is your bear-form about to die on its last hitpoint? Go with a new one before they knock you down and get full hitpoints again. Since going to camp after each encounter is still a thing, who cares about 'wasting' one of the wildshapes.... and yeah, isn't it level 8 druid before you can turn into a beast with flying speed? Might be I'm missing something but birds do fly and level cap is 4, right? So another balancing change for that is necessary because computer... right...

Even the WotC guy was there for the reason I expected - yeah, there are limitations to tabletop and that's why its fine that changes are made. He was kind enough to ignore the balancing arguments for why it requires a bonus action to turn off wildshape and why no flying speed - its definitely not because 'we don't know what you might encounter in your tt-adventure' - most will see birds even without being adventurers.

So yeah, whatever BG3 is going to be its not going to be a good 5e implementation. I'm done with it and removing it from the disk, waiting to see if the full version will at least be fun for me. I'm certain others will rightfully enjoy it, but most likely this is my last Larian game.

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard