Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Zellin
Originally Posted by acatlas
Originally Posted by Etruscan
Panel from Hell 2 will also unveil the ways Larian is meeting the challenge of BG3, along with a peek at newly improved cinematics, Tieflings, spells and cows, oh my! And wrapping up the show, we'll be live streaming the latest content from Baldur's Gate 3's biggest update yet.

Quietly optimistic that the best parts in the patch are being kept secret for a whack from the surprise hammer during the live stream...because cinematics and Tieflings don't seem to be the most pressing issues that need remedying. I'm hoping for some real substance here not just shiny cosmetics. Fingers crossed.

If its just cinimatics and more tiefling cosmetics I think ill be looking for another game to play because honestly the lack of new content has been extremely depressing so far. Every other game out there is adding new content so far we have gotten nothing at all and really not impressed with the lack of new content Games that have been out less time have added new content and improved bg 3 has added absolutely nothing so far honestly the panel has to have something wow or else the game is pretty much going to toilet.
It's the 1st chapter of the game in EA, not a Live-Service Game. They said from the start that they aren't going to give us more than the 1st chapter and the whole team is working both on building the rest of the game and implementing those suggests and fixes to our part of the game. If you're not ready to wait for a new dose of content then EA is not for you at all.

I do agree with you for the most part but there are in fact things like bugs to the feats and the weapons for which have been there since day one for which haven't been addressed and taken care of as of yet. Hopefully these bugs will be taken care of this time around it would make the EA a lot better than what it is.

Originally Posted by MarcoNeves
Originally Posted by Zellin
Originally Posted by Etruscan
Panel from Hell 2 will also unveil the ways Larian is meeting the challenge of BG3, along with a peek at newly improved cinematics, Tieflings, spells and cows, oh my! And wrapping up the show, we'll be live streaming the latest content from Baldur's Gate 3's biggest update yet.

Quietly optimistic that the best parts in the patch are being kept secret for a whack from the surprise hammer during the live stream...because cinematics and Tieflings don't seem to be the most pressing issues that need remedying. I'm hoping for some real substance here not just shiny cosmetics. Fingers crossed.

It's the 1st chapter of the game in EA, not a Live-Service Game. They said from the start that they aren't going to give us more than the 1st chapter and the whole team is working both on building the rest of the game and implementing those suggests and fixes to our part of the game. If you're not ready to wait for a new dose of content then EA is not for you at all.
Well said, Zellin. 100%.

Its not additional chapters they also stated additional classes and races ect would be added I could care less about full story line release however it would as per there own video they stated that additional classes / ect would be added throughout early access. And the content is already there its just not accessable which has been determined already by dataminers on the game. You compare early access vs other early access / beta content games in comparison the 2 other games in the same genra have added 5x the additional content during early access with a smaller staff. However making 0 content improvements over a 5 month period during early access is kind of lack luster when you compare the amount of staff they have vs the amount of staff present in other games in the same genra. Fixing bugs in chapter 1 with cinematics making 0 changes over a year and not communicating anything is just a poor example of developer mentality.

Not saying Larion will but you compare it to other great games that have had similar chains of thought. Star Wars the Old Republic which at its core was a much better developed game from the perspective of MMORPG's than wow when it came to content failed to do the same thing went under the game did add additional content because of the brand but they basically threw the game in the toilet after they failed to respond to people asking what was going on with content. Other games have had similar issues. In this case its not as much of a technical issue with the game as it is a very small amount of content with nothing to keep you busy with that content currently. Adding classes which would be perfectly reasonable way to keep people occupied trying different things without expanding on the story. Is also a good way to make sure your content is working correctly during beta testing as well. Changing a couple of cinematics to be more polished is less of a way to make sure a game is hitting its key notes than actually providing necessary content to make sure all of your content is functional especially over a 5 month period. You can look right at pathfinder and solasta which are the 2 games in the same genra of play both of which came out the same time or later than Balders Gate in comparison the amount of content they had added to keep people invested in the game is much higher than the amount of content that Balders Gate has had added.

Not to say they dont have there own issues but at least the developers are communicating the issues present in those games currently and working to resolve them. If you posted on there forums you would have a response the same day for majority of issues vs balders gate which has much less communication and effort from the developers to acknowledge the issues currently being faced.

Also on a side note more problematic issues like core mechanics not functioning correctly is a much larger issue than the way asterion or shadowheart flirts with a character as an issue. Most games in the same genra cinematics are of much lower importance than core mechanics to how the game functions. Making a game pretty is far less value than making it functionally balanced.

S
addict
addict
S
Also on a side note more problematic issues like core mechanics not functioning correctly is a much larger issue than the way asterion or shadowheart flirts with a character as an issue. Most games in the same genra cinematics are of much lower importance than core mechanics to how the game functions. Making a game pretty is far less value than making it functionally balanced.

Find out tomorrow if Larian agrees. smile

(Lets go Oath of Conquest, I need my Paladin in game!)

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Scribe

I really hope they agree. Being that all of this is was announced right before Valentine's Day makes me rather paranoid.
Oath of Conquest would be nice, unfortunately it isn't PHB. frown

Originally Posted by Zarna

I really hope they agree. Being that all of this is was announced right before Valentine's Day makes me rather paranoid.
Oath of Conquest would be nice, unfortunately it isn't PHB. frown

Yea, I was just going to say, I can see Larian doing the PHB classes and sub-classes before Xanathar's or Tasha's. Been a while since I played the game, but will be restarting after the new patch to see what they've got. I'm not really into playing evil characters, so the current companions are kind of "eh" for me.

S
addict
addict
S
It begins!

veteran
veteran
Is it like 2 hours late?

S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by Dark_Ansem
Is it like 2 hours late?
No, you may have missed it.

F
apprentice
apprentice
F
I would love some patch notes or a summary of the video. Don't have time to get through the whole thing.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by fkhaller
I would love some patch notes or a summary of the video. Don't have time to get through the whole thing.

More cinematics.
Some new Spells.
Druid Class.
Druid Class gets a special quest in druids grove.
That should be everything worth mentioning, besides some quality of life changes.

stranger
stranger
WTF is with the overdone intro for this panel. Just get on with the people talking not this bS

I
old hand
old hand
I
Originally Posted by Maldurin
Originally Posted by fkhaller

More cinematics.
Some new Spells.
Druid Class.
Druid Class gets a special quest in druids grove.
That should be everything worth mentioning, besides some quality of life changes.

You forgot: Sven fails at cheesing the Hag fight which makes up half of the stream time.
And the biggest change: After Patch 4 there will be incremental patches and you do not need to download the whole client every time there is a patch.
That would also allow Larian to make more frequent patches.

Recording of the Panel:

Last edited by Ixal; 17/02/21 09:27 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Dark_Ansem
Is it like 2 hours late?
No, you may have missed it.

An even worse explanation lol I'd rather not embarass myself.

stranger
stranger
The druid class looks amazing. <3

enthusiast
enthusiast
Did they fix any of the feat bugs or the weapons bugs?

S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by DragonMaster69
Did they fix any of the feat bugs or the weapons bugs?

Until the patch hits, there is no comment on this one way or another to the best of my knowledge.

M
Machinus
Unregistered
Machinus
Unregistered
M
I don't think it's weird at all. The committee is getting huge feedback on how to fix a problem they already know they have in 5E. I think it's very likely we will see some BG3 changes in 6E.

S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by Machinus
I don't think it's weird at all. The committee is getting huge feedback on how to fix a problem they already know they have in 5E. I think it's very likely we will see some BG3 changes in 6E.

Like what? lol

K
apprentice
apprentice
K
So at the end of the day we are left with "coming soon". May I humbly ask what does that mean? Give us a date. For Bogs sake Christmas will be here soon. I think Larian have misread the mood out here.

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard