Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by DuskHorseman
Fare thee well. I am sorry that this game was not something you enjoyed, but I hope you may find happiness elsewhere. Go! Do not linger in a place that would only bring you sadness and frustration. I honestly wish you a good day, and better luck, my friend.

great response. I wish the OP luck in whatever game they land on.

T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
Originally Posted by Boblawblah
Originally Posted by DuskHorseman
Fare thee well. I am sorry that this game was not something you enjoyed, but I hope you may find happiness elsewhere. Go! Do not linger in a place that would only bring you sadness and frustration. I honestly wish you a good day, and better luck, my friend.

great response. I wish the OP luck in whatever game they land on.

Agreed. The purpose of the game is supposed to bring enjoyment. If playing it or discussing it leaves you frustrated, it's just not worth it. Hoping OP finds the game they're looking for.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Temperance
The hag fight was horrible, and that was being played by someone who knows the game pretty well (euphemism). He spent most of the time clicking on party icons to move them and work around the turn system rather than actually using abilities.

Watching that I actually don't think Swen knows how his game works and knows very little about how 5e works. He the CEO so does not need to know everything but for demos, he really should let people who know what they are doing drive. That looked awful and put BG3 is a horrible light.

old hand
old hand
Bye

Scribe #756851 17/02/21 11:39 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Scribe
Originally Posted by BeeBee
I'm grumpy too, I was expecting to be able to complete Lae'zel's questline for act 1A and to reach the lake thingy, or the missing Auntie Ethel messenger quest that ties with Baldur's Gate --- story progression, to me, seems more important than layering on class over class. And I like the Druid and the new abilities.

I don't know, I guess they are doing the best they can as everyone else.

Are they?

I'm actually bewildered that people are at all accepting this.

I already requested a refund, and I'm going to call/email/spam Steam until it happens.

There was nothing redeeming about what was displayed today.

I discovered Baldur's Gate 1 month ago, so I haven't been had the time to be frustrated for as long as a lot of people here.

L
addict
addict
L
*siiting over here slowly losing hope they’ll ever add proper fog of war*

BeeBee #756866 18/02/21 12:35 AM
S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by Scribe
I'm grumpy too, I was expecting to be able to complete Lae'zel's questline for act 1A and to reach the lake thingy, or the missing Auntie Ethel messenger quest that ties with Baldur's Gate --- story progression, to me, seems more important than layering on class over class. And I like the Druid and the new abilities.

I don't know, I guess they are doing the best they can as everyone else.

Are they?

I'm actually bewildered that people are at all accepting this.

I already requested a refund, and I'm going to call/email/spam Steam until it happens.

There was nothing redeeming about what was displayed today.

I discovered Baldur's Gate 1 month ago, so I haven't been had the time to be frustrated for as long as a lot of people here.

Fair. I've already had my first refund request rejected on the 'you have more than 2 hours gameplay' clause. I'm waiting for my second ticket to be addressed now.

If I cannot get my money back, even as credit, then I'll be reaching out to Larian until we get some kind of actual feedback for the many issues unaddressed today.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Tuco
I do think the game has potential, but Larian seems to be hellbent on shitting on it and diluting the good with barrels and barrels (yeah, pun intended) of questionable design choices and to pretend they never heard a single word about them from their community.

It's going to be the DOS armor 2.0

Larian: "We made this clever new thing, guys"
Community: "Well, this is shit"
Larian: "Nu-uh, you'll come around eventually!"

Few months later:

"Boy, that surely was shit, wasn't it? If only we actually listened. Too bad what's done it's done".

What was the deal with DOS armour?

Optimistically Apocalyptic
Dexai #756870 18/02/21 12:53 AM
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Dexai
Originally Posted by Tuco
I do think the game has potential, but Larian seems to be hellbent on shitting on it and diluting the good with barrels and barrels (yeah, pun intended) of questionable design choices and to pretend they never heard a single word about them from their community.

It's going to be the DOS armor 2.0

Larian: "We made this clever new thing, guys"
Community: "Well, this is shit"
Larian: "Nu-uh, you'll come around eventually!"

Few months later:

"Boy, that surely was shit, wasn't it? If only we actually listened. Too bad what's done it's done".

What was the deal with DOS armour?
There is some amount of people, who believe that magical/physical armor system in DOS2 forces them to play with parties made only from one type of damage dealers (magical/physical). While it's not true even partially, because enemies have diversity in amounts of armor points.

Topper #756887 18/02/21 02:09 AM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Topper
Not a fan of Bulls and bears that can climb ladders but its fantasy. Anything goes. Right? I still have hope. Some will love it, others will weep. For the latter, another dev will surface and fulfill their dreams.

Oh yes this looks sooo silly.
I just can't understand such a thing in a game that has tons of cinematics to looks "immersive".

Another thing to add to the many inconsistencies in BG3.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Isaac Springsong
Four months since the start of EA. 4...months.

How many community suggestions or feedback has been incorporated?

One, sort of. Which was *slightly* reducing ground effects even though it is still massively more than the community wants.

No response to Height/Backstab. No change in the terrible party movement controls. No change to the overpowered Bonus Actions. No change to *anything* the community actually wants.

You of course mean no changes that you want.
The BG3 community is over one million strong.
You are not the BG3 community.
The teeny tiny portion of the BG3 community here that agree with you are just a teeny tiny portion of the BG3 community,

As for changes that have been made in response to the requests of the community:

• Surfaces caused by cantrips were removed as they unbalanced combat,
  • The number of short rests allowed per long rest were increased
  • How NPCs calculated approval ratings was adjusted
  • Group jump was added
  • The upcasting UI was changed in order to streamline the quick bar
  • XP rewards for peaceful solutions was added.
  • Extra inspiration points were added
  • Cross saves were added

There are other QOL changes if you care to check the patch notes.

In the new patch we will be getting the following things that the community has been asking for:
  • A new class
  • New spells
  • The ability to click on portraits to target party members with spells
  • The option to choose loaded dice to alleviate RNG frustration
  • The option to flee combat
  • A streamlined lit torch interface
  • Inventory UI tweaks
  • Improved cinematics
  • Improved lighting

And those are just the ones that were announced, there will be more in the new patch notes.

Screw this. I'm getting a refund if I can, uninstalling regardless. I compiled pages and pages of community responses into easily digestible summaries with clear actions that could be taken to address the concerns. Not a single mention of any of them, or any other community feedback.
It is possible that your design goals are different from Larian's or the million or so other community members.

See you all 3-4 months after release when it goes on goes on Steam sale.

We'll see you at launch!

Zellin #756895 18/02/21 02:41 AM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Zellin
There is some amount of people, who believe that magical/physical armor system in DOS2 forces them to play with parties made only from one type of damage dealers (magical/physical). While it's not true even partially, because enemies have diversity in amounts of armor points.
Nice strawman, but no, what I do believe (which is not really a matter of belief, anyway, as much as a matter of fact) is that it's a stupid, convoluted system that:

- Doesn't work like armor is supposed to on any level of approximative abstraction
- is quite literally a bunch of "extra healthbars on top of the healthbar" that factually favors damage spikes over any other gameplay approach, at least until said armor is removed.
- makes most of the utility spells 100% pointless before enough damage is applied and then 100% reliable and so completely overpowered right after that.

That aside, it DOES encourage and favor a mono-damage party composition and no amount of whiny denial and other negationist bullshit are going to bury that unquestionable fact.
"Enemies have different amounts of armor" is the stupidest rebuttal ever, since it doesn't matter. Sticking to ONE type and crushing these opponents unilaterally will always be a more effective strategy than bouncing between different types according to what the enemies have.

BUT we can even ignore what I think or how it works in general, because that's not the topic here. The topic is what Larian itself admitted through Swen Vicke's words: "We insisted on sticking on it, it turned out to be a poor design. Maybe we shouldn't have done it and we should have listened our community instead".

Why don't you go and try to get cute with your half truths with someone else?
I'm not here to let people bullshit me.

Last edited by Tuco; 18/02/21 03:11 AM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
addict
addict
I feel like you should wait for the patch notes before making that decision. They didn't cover every single change in the new patch on the stream.

addict
addict
For Divinity 2's early access, how long did it take Larian to move Backstab from a talent to a weapon dependent skill?

I understand that this was changed, but got Divinity 2 after the definitive edition came out.

Back-Stabber Talent

Steam Community on Backstab

EDIT:

Originally Posted by SaurianDruid
I feel like you should wait for the patch notes before making that decision. They didn't cover every single change in the new patch on the stream.
I'm okay with patiently waiting for patch 4 to be bug fixed, but it would be nice to have the patch notes in the meantime xD

Last edited by DragonSnooz; 18/02/21 02:54 AM.
addict
addict
Not a fan of Bulls and bears that can climb ladders but its fantasy. Anything goes. Right? I still have hope. Some will love it, others will weep. For the latter, another dev will surface and fulfill their dreams.

That was the final blow.

This game is not supposed to be taken seriously.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Originally Posted by IrenicusBG3

That was the final blow.

The explanation for the decision was great though. I'm sure the tediousness of changing in and out of shape to traverse the world would get really old really fast. There would be a small outrage for that too. Quality of life decision, thumbs up.

R
stranger
stranger
R
Originally Posted by IrenicusBG3

That was the final blow.

Well, it's a world of fantasy, anything can happen!

R
stranger
stranger
R
Originally Posted by Isaac Springsong
Four months since the start of EA. 4...months.

How many community suggestions or feedback has been incorporated?

One, sort of. Which was *slightly* reducing ground effects even though it is still massively more than the community wants.

No response to Height/Backstab. No change in the terrible party movement controls. No change to the overpowered Bonus Actions. No change to *anything* the community actually wants.

Screw this. I'm getting a refund if I can, uninstalling regardless. I compiled pages and pages of community responses into easily digestible summaries with clear actions that could be taken to address the concerns. Not a single mention of any of them, or any other community feedback.

DOS 3 will be a fun game, but it will be the World War Z of video games. Taking nothing but the names from its source. People will play it, enjoy it, and move on. It will not have a community lasting 20+ years that still produces new content to the extent a whole new studio tries to make a sequel decades from now. It will be just another fun video game, not a sequel to one of the greatest RPGs ever made. See you all 3-4 months after release when it goes on goes on Steam sale.

Farewell my friend, try to understand that the world doesn't revolve around yourself next time, maybe?

You're taking an EA game too seriously, I find the game very fun to play and I was well reminded during my purchasing that this game would take at least a year to be ready (I'm expecting more) and seeing constant patches during a freaking global pandemic seems pretty good (too me). Do you want to play an EA game and have everything ready in 6 months? Larian does really care about their games and seems to be putting their own hearts into it, the game will be great when they launch, I just know it. Can you imagine how hard is to put those D&D books into a video game like no one else ever did before? For me, it doesn't seem very easy. You're not ready to play the Early Acess game (you're the proof of it, saying that will buy AFTER is ready), just refund and go, you're not the community, no need to rant in the forum about stuff that you don't like (Maybe send an email to them suggesting some stuff?).

Apologies for my English, I'm not a native speaker.

Originally Posted by Ramonster
Farewell my friend, try to understand that the world doesn't revolve around yourself next time, maybe?

What is this comment ? It is a shame.
We are many many here ignored by Larian on the same topics for months.

H
journeyman
journeyman
H
I do like how people use words like "we" or "community" though. Even the forum or discord itself are barely hundreds from active users while the game has over a million players. Now, the issue is that you could add your own opinions about what needed to be changed about the game but that doesn't mean that the developers think it's something that should be changed or could be changed based on time and resources. First and foremost, you are just a consumer, not a stockholder. What you want added is just one of the voices, even in the forum, with hundreds of other suggestions. If you quit because the game doesn't incorporate what you think is important then it is more on you. There is a difference between demand and request, and unless you're a stockholder, I don't see the company obligated to do anything.

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard