Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by nation
i agree with danielbda - if anything, id argue that wotc has a history of being fairly protective of the content and image of their licenses/ips, including fairly recently.

altho if wotc did have an issue with larians approach to bg3 theyd likely have taken some action, but based on the panel comments from today they seem not too concerned - which concerns me, lol

They only care about the IP but not the rules. You can see it in their most recent video games. Sword Coast Legends, Neverwinter Online and now BG3 are only D&D in name only. They have the setting and monsters but toss out the ruleset as they please. I don’t think WotC cares about tabletop. It’s the IP and trademarks that matter.

So they let companies butcher their rules system but heaven help anyone that tries to steal beholders or mind flayers.

Originally Posted by Merry Mayhem
Originally Posted by Topgoon
I don't mind the pace of the progress (got plenty of games to play) - but this does tell me we're really far out from a release.

It's not just that only half the classes are available at this point - this current system - especially the UI (i.e. the level up menu, etc), does not take multi-classing into mind at all. Meaning even once they implement all the classes, they'll need also go through tons of changes to implement multiclassing.

Multiclassing is an optional rule though and I will be surprised if Larian bothers to do it for release.
They've actually addressed this one, and mentioned that they're saving it for full release, but they will be including it.

I honestly hope you have a most marvelous day!
T
Banned
Banned
T
Originally Posted by DuskHorseman
They've actually addressed this one, and mentioned that they're saving it for full release, but they will be including it.
Sorry to burst your bubble... many times developers promise this or that.

They still have a time table... it could be that decide that multi classing will be done after full game release at some point.

Do not get me wrong I like this game and I am happy with patch 4 content and that development resources (more developers) has increased a lot and that we get Druids class and other good stuff.

I am not saying they will not include multiclassing at release. I am only saying it is not absolute 100% certain that it is included at full release.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 17/02/21 11:58 PM.
L
addict
addict
L
Originally Posted by Terminator2020

They still have a time table... it could be that decide that multi classing will be done after full game release at some point.

Do not get me wrong I like this game and I am happy with patch 4 content and that development resource has increased a lot and that we get Druids class and other good stuff.

I am not saying they will not include multiclassing at release. I am only saying it is not 100% certain.

Agreed, Swen said this project has turned out to be much bigger than they expected, and they’ve already opened a couple of extra studios around the world to cope. I’m sure some things will be trimmed off their original intention, maybe we’ll get some more game mechanics like multiclassing as part of future releases or DLCs.

Do not get me wrong I like this game and I am happy with patch 4 content and that development resource has increased a lot and that we get Druids class and other good stuff.

I am not saying they will not include multiclassing at release. I am only saying it is not absolute 100% certain that it is included at full release.
You know what? Fair. However, I believe that them claiming that they will add something definitely increases the probability of its addition greatly as opposed to no information at all.

N
N
Originally Posted by biomag
Even the WotC guy was there for the reason I expected - yeah, there are limitations to tabletop and that's why its fine that changes are made. He was kind enough to ignore the balancing arguments for why it requires a bonus action to turn off wildshape and why no flying speed - its definitely not because 'we don't know what you might encounter in your tt-adventure' - most will see birds even without being adventurers.
this is so true - like, we can debate the changes that larian made to the wild shape mechanic and adapting to a computer versus human dm, but crawford didnt even address that.

larian presented wild shape action economy changes for a pc game with a 'hey, we changed this mechanic bc cool/fun - is that alright/what are your thoughts on these changes?', and crawfords response doesnt address the mechanical fallout of the change at all, and instead responds with the rationale as to why mechanics in the tabletop game restricting a druid's wild shape ability were structured in such a way (ie not to slow down the game for others at the table and not overpowering/unbalancing the game in the favor of the druid class) - it came off hollow and makes it sound like wotc isnt actually that closely involved in bg3's development at all tbh

N
N

You know what? Fair. However, I believe that them claiming that they will add something definitely increases the probability of its addition greatly as opposed to no information at all.
swen and members of the larian team had a reddit ama last year where they indicated that multi-classing would be in bg3. idk if this has changed since - at the time the message was that multi-classing wouldnt be available in ea at launch, but that the team was planning to add it later
for whatever its worth. i too hope that larian includes multi-classing at some point, but 'planning to add it later' could range anywhere from next week when swen mentioned patch 4 may drop to well after full launch - idk if larian even knows

veteran
veteran
Well it was nice to hear from members of their team taking pride in the project, and it was certainly interesting to watch Sven play, but I guess there is no patch today?

I was really hoping to dive back in and roll up a Druid tonight. Like I was fully prepared to set aside my gripes on the other stuff and just do another full run, but it seems like more wait and see now I guess?

I kind of feel like I just camped out overnight in excitement for a special screening of a Star Wars premier, only to find out that there wasn't any actual movie, but just another trailer for it lol

Back to BG2 for another month?

M
M
for whatever its worth. i too hope that larian includes multi-classing at some point, but 'planning to add it later' could range anywhere from next week when swen mentioned patch 4 may drop to well after full launch - idk if larian even knows
Maybe coming with the Baldur's Gate III: Definitive Edition.

I
old hand
old hand
I
Originally Posted by Black_Elk
but I guess there is no patch today?

Still stuck in testing, release next week (but no guarantee)

Originally Posted by Black_Elk
Well it was nice to hear from members of their team taking pride in the project, and it was certainly interesting to watch Sven play, but I guess there is no patch today?

I was really hoping to dive back in and roll up a Druid tonight. Like I was fully prepared to set aside my gripes on the other stuff and just do another full run, but it seems like more wait and see now I guess?

I kind of feel like I just camped out overnight in excitement for a special screening of a Star Wars premier, only to find out that there wasn't any actual movie, but just another trailer for it lol

Back to BG2 for another month?
Apparently they found a bunch of game-breaking glitches, and they're working out some of the issues before they ship it sometime next week.

addict
addict
FINALLY. Been waiting for the druid since EA began. Now I just need half-orcs and dragonborn to make the characters of my dreams.

For now... Maybe a dwarf druid will be sufficient to sate my appetite.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by LukasPrism
Swen said this project has turned out to be much bigger than they expected, and they’ve already opened a couple of extra studios around the world to cope. I’m sure some things will be trimmed off their original intention, maybe we’ll get some more game mechanics like multiclassing as part of future releases or DLCs.

Doesn't bode well for the future of cutscene heavy programs. I'll wait until the patch actually lands but I was hoping for more than one extra class. I thought Karlach / the Paladin class was ll but a given. I suspect that the cutscenes are draining resources -- which is disappointing because I view them once and space bar through the second time.

I'd trade all the cutscenes for one extra area.

old hand
old hand
I am very much looking forward to playing a druid. If the patch also fixes the bugged triggers for some of Gale's post-party scenes, I'll be over the moon.

addict
addict
Absolutely disappointed.

They seem to admire the hype cult of Nightcity wire. But their PR is way less professional.

The direction the game is taking is really worrisome. Swen and Larian enjoy a lot of metagaming and it doesn't really match with meaningful roleplay.

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard