Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Machinus
I don't think it's weird at all. The committee is getting huge feedback on how to fix a problem they already know they have in 5E. I think it's very likely we will see some BG3 changes in 6E.

Link? I don't there is a committee or plans for a 6th edition. Sounds like an unsupported rumor.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Kerro
So at the end of the day we are left with "coming soon". May I humbly ask what does that mean? Give us a date. For Bogs sake Christmas will be here soon. I think Larian have misread the mood out here.

They’ve not misread the mood - they’re very aware that we want a release date. They’re not stupid, they won’t commit themselves to a date until patch4 is ready. It’s sensible, look at Cyberpunk.

K
apprentice
apprentice
K
Originally Posted by azuremanure
So at the end of the day we are left with "coming soon". May I humbly ask what does that mean? Give us a date. For Bogs sake Christmas will be here soon. I think Larian have misread the mood out here.

They’ve not misread the mood - they’re very aware that we want a release date. They’re not stupid, they won’t commit themselves to a date until patch4 is ready. It’s sensible, look at Cyberpunk.

So why make a pre patch announcement if the patch is not ready and they want to wait until they've got it right? If its not ready simply don't annouce it easy. I don't agree with you they have totally misread the mood if they think this is accepatable. The mood is we are sick and tired of these silly games, it you've go a patch, and notice its being called a patch not an update, then just release it. But perhaps you can educate me when exacly is soon, if your waiting for someone to pick you up is soon next week or perhaps next month. Such stupid game play from a company that actually makes games. There's no game here we are just the ones being played.

veteran
veteran
Like you I'm disappointed. It's cold outside it would have been nice to stay indoors and play BG3.

But, in this, I will give them the benefit of the doubt. I think the patch was supposed to land today but they couldn't figure out how to crush a troublesome bug.

addict
addict
Did you guys watch the stream??? They said very clearly, " the patch will be released next week."

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
K
apprentice
apprentice
K
Originally Posted by KillerRabbit
Like you I'm disappointed. It's cold outside it would have been nice to stay indoors and play BG3.

But, in this, I will give them the benefit of the doubt. I think the patch was supposed to land today but they couldn't figure out how to crush a troublesome bug.

How on earth could you possibly know this unless you actually work for the company? And if you do why are you pretending to be a consumer? There is too much BS going on here. Do they send you personal emails about the development. No I didn't think so.

veteran
veteran
Because it's what they said during the livestream? lol

But you are correct, there is too much BS going on here.

enthusiast
enthusiast

So why make a pre patch announcement if the patch is not ready and they want to wait until they've got it right? If its not ready simply don't annouce it easy. I don't agree with you they have totally misread the mood if they think this is acceptable. The mood is we are sick and tired of these silly games, it you've go a patch, and notice its being called a patch not an update, then just release it. But perhaps you can educate me when exacly is soon, if your waiting for someone to pick you up is soon next week or perhaps next month. Such stupid game play from a company that actually makes games. There's no game here we are just the ones being played.

I'm thinking they discovered the bug last minute, and delaying the event today would've been bad, and the audience would've hated it. So, they went ahead and proceeded as planned, but won't commit for an exact date for the patch because they do not know how long it's going to take to fix it.... buuuuut they know it will not take more than a week. (Which is why they said they'd release it "next week" at the end of the stream)

Last edited by MarcoNeves; 18/02/21 08:04 AM.
K
apprentice
apprentice
K
Originally Posted by MarcoNeves

So why make a pre patch announcement if the patch is not ready and they want to wait until they've got it right? If its not ready simply don't annouce it easy. I don't agree with you they have totally misread the mood if they think this is acceptable. The mood is we are sick and tired of these silly games, it you've go a patch, and notice its being called a patch not an update, then just release it. But perhaps you can educate me when exacly is soon, if your waiting for someone to pick you up is soon next week or perhaps next month. Such stupid game play from a company that actually makes games. There's no game here we are just the ones being played.

I'm thinking they discovered the bug last minute, and delaying the event today would've been bad, and the audience would've hated it. So, they went ahead and proceeded as planned, but won't commit for an exact date for the patch because they do not know how long it's going to take to fix it.... buuuuut they know it will not take more than a week. (Which is why they said they'd release it "next week" at the end of the stream)

Do you also believe in the Easter bunny and Santa Clause. Just asking like?

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
So, druids are coming? And furthermore: is only a sensation or this class seems to be destined to be overpowered? And what about the rolling fire ball? That's not epic, or amazing, is uh.. ... silly? "ehy ehy! look I learnt the firebal/firestorm spell! I'm freaking awesome!!!!" "wow doest it explode? doest it make fire rain form the skies?" "uh.. no, it rolls, and burn, but it rolls and i can command it!!!".

Meh.

N
N
Originally Posted by Bufotenina
So, druids are coming? And furthermore: is only a sensation or this class seems to be destined to be overpowered? And what about the rolling fire ball? That's not epic, or amazing, is uh.. ... silly? "ehy ehy! look I learnt the firebal/firestorm spell! I'm freaking awesome!!!!" "wow doest it explode? doest it make fire rain form the skies?" "uh.. no, it rolls, and burn, but it rolls and i can command it!!!".

Meh.

What is your Problem exactly?

Flaming Sphere

Flaming Sphere
2 conjuration
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: 60 feet
Components: V S M (A bit of tallow, a pinch of brimstone, and a dusting of powdered iron)
Duration: Up to 1 minute
Classes: Druid, Wizard
A 5-foot-diameter sphere of fire appears in an unoccupied space of your choice within range and lasts for the duration. Any creature that ends its turn within 5 feet of the sphere must make a Dexterity saving throw. The creature takes 2d6 fire damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one. As a bonus action, you can move the sphere up to 30 feet. If you ram the sphere into a creature, that creature must make the saving throw against the sphere’s damage, and the sphere stops moving this turn. When you move the sphere, you can direct it over barriers up to 5 feet tall and jump it across pits up to 10 feet wide. The sphere ignites flammable objects not being worn or carried, and it sheds bright light in a 20-foot radius and dim light for an additional 20 feet.
At Higher Levels: When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 3rd level or higher, the damage increases by 1d6 for each slot level above 2nd.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by MarcoNeves
[quote=Kerro][quote=azuremanure][quote=Kerro]

Do you also believe in the Easter bunny and Santa Clause. Just asking like?
I run my own business, so.... Hang on, are you in the 11-14 age bracket? Your comment is devoid of any substance. Oh btw, it's Santa "Claus".

Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
Let's leave out the snarkiness, please.

enthusiast
enthusiast

So it looks like Larian built us up for a letdown. After all "coming soon" could be today, tomorrow, next week, next month, next year. They could have narrowed it down a bit for us.

Last edited by DragonMaster69; 18/02/21 01:07 PM.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by DragonMaster69

So it looks like Larian built us up for a letdown. After all "coming soon" could be today, tomorrow, next week, next month, next year. They could have narrowed it down a bit for us.

Looking at the previous announcement and patch, it was the following week. So going off that I'd guess next week or the following.

veteran
veteran
People, people, relax. The update is Just Around the Cornerâ„¢

enthusiast
enthusiast

The problems with CyberPunk are problems with the final, release-version of the game. Patch #4 for BG3 concerns only the BG3 EA. Quite a difference. CP never did an EA--even though the official completed game has turned out to be an EA release, apparently...;) BG3 is much different. My own personal opinion is that an EA for any AAA game should not come a year or more before the final version ships, because it compounds the already acute problem of selling an EA game for full pop in which only the first 10%-15% of the game is ever released under the EA. It's not really an EA of BG3 at all, it's an EA for only the first chapter of BG3.

Anyway, if I heard right about smaller, regular incremental patches coming every 14 days or so after patch 4, that's good news! If that happens, then we're cookin' with gas as the flint and straw have been dumped...;)

Last, about the "Presentation from Hell II" yesterday, I have to honestly say I did enjoy the edge-of-my-seat drama of the cow munching on the hay, and Swen clanking around like the Tin Man on the Yellow Brick Road, and constantly yelling in an attempt to overcome the failing mic (which garbled the speech so that it was unintelligible at times), along with the Tiefling male discussing revolutionary new gaming features such as "loaded dice"...I particularly enjoyed the plastic ears all around...and then my mom called that supper was on the table...(j/k)...;)

I'm never wrong about anything, and so if you see an error in any of my posts you will know immediately that I did not write it...;)
stranger
stranger
So, patch #4 Adding the Druid Class, a short stack of new spells, UI changes, AI tweaks, delta patching system, and a "very long" changelog of unspecified minor changes/bugfixes should be available sometime in the next week. It is next week (or a bit longer, possibly) because there is at least one critical bug and few serious bugs that must be resolved so that QA can pass this patch for release.

I am looking forward to the changes, thanks!

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by GreyMage
So, patch #4 Adding the Druid Class, a short stack of new spells, UI changes, AI tweaks, delta patching system, and a "very long" changelog of unspecified minor changes/bugfixes should be available sometime in the next week. It is next week (or a bit longer, possibly) because there is at least one critical bug and few serious bugs that must be resolved so that QA can pass this patch for release.

I am looking forward to the changes, thanks!
Don’t forget the lighting changes!! Loooove me some lighting

addict
Online Content
addict
I hope the retreat from combat works properly. It would help for the "immersiveness" I think. Imagine you're Conan sneaking into the caves of Thulsa Doom with your friends, but having to flee from superior numbers, leaving a carnage behind.
Is better than all dying, reloading a save and restarting right ?

Last edited by ldo58; 18/02/21 08:36 PM.
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard