Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
BeeBee Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
So... has anyone tried NOT resurrecting Gale for two-three days after his first death, see what happens?

apprentice
apprentice
Absolutely nothing. It's not implemented. Yet.

BeeBee Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Maybe it will never be implemented --
maybe that's the boon that Gale gets for having a tadpole? His black hole still makes him hungry but the Netherese magic won't let him explode for undisclosed reasons.

Although it would be kind of hilarious as an instant Game Over if it was.

R
enthusiast
enthusiast
R
Originally Posted by BeeBee
Maybe it will never be implemented --
maybe that's the boon that Gale gets for having a tadpole? His black hole still makes him hungry but the Netherese magic won't let him explode for undisclosed reasons.

Although it would be kind of hilarious as an instant Game Over if it was.

Yeah, it would be. Maybe if you get away you come back to a radioactive wasteland with mutants...

Someone online posted a 1000 option wild magic surge table. Rolling 000 resulted in the local sun exploding.

O
OcO Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
O
The last patch added a "game over" scenario for leaving Gale dead to long, but the cut scene is apparently not finished yet.
I'm interested in if it has a range on it. Like if I go sacrifice Gale to the fish people and leave his body there will he destroy the entire act 1 world or will the resultant explosion only apply to the UD?

BeeBee Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by OcO
The last patch added a "game over" scenario for leaving Gale dead to long, but the cut scene is apparently not finished yet.
I'm interested in if it has a range on it. Like if I go sacrifice Gale to the fish people and leave his body there will he destroy the entire act 1 world or will the resultant explosion only apply to the UD?

My god, the layers of trolling involved in this experiment... I'm in! :_D

R
enthusiast
enthusiast
R
Originally Posted by OcO

My god, the layers of trolling involved in this experiment... I'm in! :_D

If they implement that cut scene I will be trying it also. It would make multi-player very interesting - can you even find and kill Gale in multiplayer?

X
journeyman
journeyman
X
I'm curious what will happen if you kill Gale when he's hostile to you, and not in your party. You can't res him with scrolls or the skeleton at that point. So would that be an almost automatic game over? If he's outside of camp when that happens, he can be raised with Glut's Animating Spores, or Gekh Coal can turn him into an animated corpse. Atm that breaks companion's dialogue/stories, so I wonder if he will still count as dead.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by OcO

Have you actually tried this yourself and seen it happen in-game?

I know a while ago somebody linked a YouTube video supposedly showing this happening but that would be the easiest thing to fake ever with editing what with the "cut scene not finished" and everything. I'm not believing it until I see it in-game.

Optimistically Apocalyptic
O
OcO Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
O
Originally Posted by Dexai
Originally Posted by OcO

Have you actually tried this yourself and seen it happen in-game?

I know a while ago somebody linked a YouTube video supposedly showing this happening but that would be the easiest thing to fake ever with editing what with the "cut scene not finished" and everything. I'm not believing it until I see it in-game.

Actually nope sorry I can NOT confirm and I did try last night after I saw this post.
I took Gale down to the fish peoples and sacrificed him to BOOAL then did about 10 long rests. 4 from the Silvanus Grove portal, 4 down near Gale's dead body and another 2 right beside his body after I took the scroll bag off his corpse just to see if that might make a difference.
I did NOT get the "game over" death scene or work in progress cut scene. It would seem like it may indeed be misinformation.
However I would note it is possible it is based off the passage of a set amount of time and not long rests which I did not test. If it takes 2 in game days instead of 2 long rests than maybe it actually does work, but I've not left him dead somewhere long enough for a few days to pass to check and see.

Last edited by OcO; 21/02/21 11:25 PM.
BeeBee Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
If in the future they implement a Galepocalypse, they will have to make it crystal clear how the passage of time works in-game.

old hand
old hand
I guess I'm gonna have to make a "Kill Gill" run and play with him dead for some time wink

Edit: Suggestion for discussion rerail: Let's discuss how to best weaponise Gale's necro damage at the earliest opportunity (because it will be easier if he deads as soon as possible).

First idea: drop the rock thing through the roof of the Dead God Temple to gather all the enemies at one spot, then drop Gale inside and let them kill him. Let them stand around while the necrotic damage does it's thing

Last edited by Dexai; 22/02/21 03:07 PM.

BeeBee Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
I guess I'm gonna have to make a "Kill Gill" run and play with him dead for some time wink

Edit: Suggestion for discussion rerail: Let's discuss how to best weaponise Gale's necro damage at the earliest opportunity (because it will be easier if he deads as soon as possible).

First idea: drop the rock thing through the roof of the Dead God Temple to gather all the enemies at one spot, then drop Gale inside and let them kill him. Let them stand around while the necrotic damage does it's thing

Maybe Gale's much-reviled fragility was always supposed to be a feature, not a bug.

I had an odd experience that felt a bit like it had been implemented. Gale got knocked into the chasm between Minthara and the scrying eye and died. When I went to camp (because I couldn't get him back otherwise), his body was radiating a pulsing aura of damage that killed poor Scratch before I could even take 2 steps towards him. It went away when I resurrected him. Unfortunately, when I "went to bed" I woke up to find him back down in the chasm and dead all over again... so I nuked the save.

X
journeyman
journeyman
X

Maybe Gale's much-reviled fragility was always supposed to be a feature, not a bug.

It's nearly exploit, except it's so obvious, I have trouble believing whoever decided to implement it didn't think it through. You can kill most non-hostile NPCs in the game, without triggering hostility from those around them, as long as your other chars aren't nearby.
I've killed Gut and Minthara with him, without making the Goblins hostile. Just fast travel to camp and res him with the skeleton when they're dead. Leave camp, grab their loot. Well worth the 400g. They get pissed off after you kill Dror Razglin, but you can just res Gale to safety again. Mission Complete.

I hate his backstory anyway, so I guess I'm going to just have to kill him when he first steps out of the portal and go merrily about my business to see what happens.

O
OcO Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
O
Originally Posted by The_BlauerDragon
I hate his backstory anyway, so I guess I'm going to just have to kill him when he first steps out of the portal and go merrily about my business to see what happens.

I think this would possibly be the easiest way to test it currently.

If nobody else does, I might go ahead and just kill Gale right off the bat on my first play through after the next patch just to see.

BeeBee Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by OcO

If nobody else does, I might go ahead and just kill Gale right off the bat on my first play through after the next patch just to see.

Let's do it for the science.

O
OcO Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
O
Originally Posted by OcO

Let's do it for the science.

Dead Gale next patch it is. hehe

old hand
old hand
Operation Kill Gill has begun

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard