E
addict
addict
E
I second that.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by DragonSnooz
I hope the new hires are all invested in issues not related to cut scenes too smile

+1

More people working on the game is good news. More people being employed during a pandemic is good news. Let's just hope the new people are working on core mechanics.

S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by gaymer
Yes, I do think that. Why else are all the patches late and the "soon" turns into nearly a month-long delay? Because they are always behind. Even with the teams in different countries, it still isn't enough. HENCE they are adding another team and hiring MORE people.

It's clear they've been running thin from the launch of EA. That's why nothing is released at the first initial date.

Why the delay in releasing the largest patch so far over the most busy holiday season of the year exacerbated by lockdowns due to the pandemic I wonder? Oh dear, what mystery! Larian is slacking so much their release schedule won't match up with my Summer vacation! Larian, hire a few hundred more developers immediately plix! laugh

Seriously though, I'll agree even the biggest patch to date wasn't much, but then again the changes has been rather slow to come in general long before the holiday season. I wasn't expecting much (beyond expecting the outcry on the forums), so wasn't too disappointed. You will likely have to wait for a good year more before release at this pace, and frankly, I have no issues with that. At least Larian/Baldur's Gate 3 isn't even remotely like CDPR/Cyberpunk, Larian take pride in polish - unlike the Polish. We are here to remind them if it comes to that, but it won't.

L
addict
addict
L
Pretty sure someone in that employee hype video said she was the community engagement manager? I guess this forum doesn’t count? Zero engagement in here... maybe she spends all her time on their tweets.

B
Banned
Banned
B
Originally Posted by LukasPrism
Pretty sure someone in that employee hype video said she was the community engagement manager? I guess this forum doesn’t count? Zero engagement in here... maybe she spends all her time on their tweets.

LOL nice I didn’t see there was even a community Manager in they’re self hyping video

enthusiast
enthusiast
Someone leave out the troll bait again.

Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
Please don't resort to calling other posters 'trolls'.

addict
addict
They are not understaffed.

They just lack direction which is shown on how many bad decisions they have made.

There were many amazing ideas on this forum that they are actively ignoring and it is completely on them.

They have very talented people, but someone on the top is making the wrong choices.

old hand
old hand
I don't think they are understaffed or even under-utilizing their skills. I do think that there maybe should be a few people marked with like a Larian representative thing interacting on these forums and communicating some stuff with us so we can feel like we are having a discussion with Larian with this EA and to make it more cooperative, cause by making this an EA larian has made all of us playtesters, so we are all invested in seeing this game turn out the beast that it can.

P
apprentice
apprentice
P
Originally Posted by IrenicusBG3
They are not understaffed.

They just lack direction which is shown on how many bad decisions they have made.

There were many amazing ideas on this forum that they are actively ignoring and it is completely on them.

They have very talented people, but someone on the top is making the wrong choices.

To be clear...
good decisions = implementing your ideas/ideas you support
bad decisions = not implementing your ideas/ideas you support

Is that right?

addict
addict
It's a AA studio that got too caught up in the hype from the success of DOS2 and tried to deliver a AAA product.
They really just should have shelved this and focused on Fallen Heroes instead.

I don't want to fall to bits 'cos of excess existential thought.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Sadurian
Please don't resort to calling other posters 'trolls'.

Will do. But the OP is inventing issues that dont appear to exist. Does he/she have access to Larians HR? Maybey they just want to get it right rather than release patch after patch after patch. I respect the OP's opinion, but it is is just an opinion not based of fact. My assumption of trollhood is similalry conjecture which I retract. Only Larian know the future of BG3. But I do think its going to be epic smile

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Tzelanit
It's a AA studio that got too caught up in the hype from the success of DOS2 and tried to deliver a AAA product.

Is there a game you would consider completely perfect? For everyone? Who could have fulfilled your perfect game? Bioware??? Have you played PoE??? smile

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Topper
Originally Posted by Tzelanit

Is there a game you would consider completely perfect? For everyone? Who could have fulfilled your perfect game? Bioware??? Have you played PoE??? smile

[Linked Image from thoughtco.com]

I don't want to fall to bits 'cos of excess existential thought.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Ah, the Wizard of Oz. Superb. Well done.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard