Print Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
R
stranger
stranger
R
Originally Posted by Drath Malorn
When I started writing feedback, my priorities were :

1) UI, controls and quality-of-life features.
Even after the follow-jump, the way Larian manages party movement is dreadful.

2) Roleplay, story, immersion.
Contradictions within the mechanisms, within the story, or between the story and mechanisms are still jarring.

3) Combat.
Need I say anything ?

At the moment, the top of my wishlist is :

a) Cooking minigame in camp. Other options from here would be great too.

b) Possibility to customise Clothing. Why can Gale be fabulous and my Wizard has to stick to a bland, green robe ?
I second this!

P
addict
addict
P
Random encounters while traveling to camp, which could even include legendary or heroic encounters with bosses.

S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by Pandemonica
Random encounters while traveling to camp, which could even include legendary or heroic encounters with bosses.

I miss that part of the old BG games. The randomness. Another complaint people have mentioned is how small the world feels. Overland travel should be used more. It creates a sense of scope.

Last edited by spectralhunter; 21/02/21 06:56 AM.
apprentice
apprentice
I like to see

- a lot more of the silly things
- a lot more cities, towns, and places to steal, pillage, and sell. (this is a big one)
- QoL improvements to classes that make them more enjoyable (like casting companion, familiar in combat), as well as a gui bar on the main ui that shows xp.
- It would be nice to have some sort of visual indicator that hints or tells you what will come from the choices you make when dialoguing with someone. This would be key to potentially solving the lack of trader issues and helping players drive the game in a way they want. For example, if they want to go rogue and help the goblins murder the druids.
- A way to re-specialize your previous level up choices, so i can swap from beast mater to hunter.

Last edited by Nouri; 21/02/21 06:57 AM.
apprentice
apprentice
birthday
1birthday[PALADIN SUBCLASS]:Oath of the storm sub class (my all time favorite paladin) https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Oath_of_the_Storm_(5e_Subclass)
(as well as tempest cleric)

2birthday[Cleric: consequences for falling short of of the religion as well as rewards for going over and beyond for said diety
3 birthday More work done on the lolth clerics and domains so that drow can be roleplayed more accurately
4birthday The option to enslave some major characters with the rope items through out the world after knocking them out and possibly selling them to certian evil merchants like the zhentarum & roah (Slavery is a big part of D&D)
5 birthday I dont think we should just be able to just save, teleport and long rest at any time seems kinda cheap and game breaking
6birthday An achievement for those of us who can get to baldurs gate and get tadpol removed without taking a long rest (I got to the end of early access without long resting once i figured out the game weird
7 birthday A list of actual difficult achievements on steam
[Example] Removing tadpole in less then 7 days////Perma death restricted saves mode/////besting every boss etc(I would like bragging rights that i 100% the game)

8:More blood, gore, and viscera

9 birthday Post game content and DLC thankyou
P.S im quick to reply if ideas or clarification is needed ive dissected this game inside n out smile

Last edited by Maid777; 21/02/21 10:06 AM.

ⓂⒶⒾⒹ🄼🄰🄸🄳ᴹᴬᴵᴰMⷨAͣIͥDͩᗡI∀ꟽℳ𝒜ℐ𝒟爪闩工ᗪ
old hand
old hand
GOOD LORD MY EYES

:P

Anyway, I don't think Larian would implement any achievements or rewards tied to reaching certain milestones based on a limited amount of rests. Not as long as so many cutscenes are directly tied to how often you rest to begin with. If they find a way to de-couple those, people would be able to do limited rest-based challenge runs without feeling like they're missing out on anything major.

I admire your enthusiasm, though.

apprentice
apprentice
More for people whov already played the game
Imagine the people who are gonna play the full release when it comes out 3 to 4 years from now and realize that its possible after they spent 2 ingame weeks in chapter 1

apprentice
apprentice
1[PALADIN SUBCLASS]:Oath of the storm sub class (my all time favorite paladin) https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Oath_of_the_Storm_(5e_Subclass)

2[Cleric: consequences for falling short of of the religion as well as rewards for going over and beyond for said diety

3 More work done on the lolth clerics and domains so that drow can be roleplayed more accurately

4: The option to enslave some major characters with the rope items through out the world after knocking them out and possibly selling them to certian evil merchants like the zhentarum & roah (Slavery is a big part of D&D)

5 : I dont think we should just be able to just save, teleport and long rest at any time seems kinda cheap and game breaking

6: An achievement for those of us who can get to baldurs gate and get tadpol removed without taking a long rest (I got to the end of early access without long resting once i figured out the game weird

7 : A list of actual difficult achievements on steam
[Example] Removing tadpole in less then 7 days////Perma death restricted saves mode/////besting every boss etc(I would like bragging rights that i 100% the game)

8:More blood, gore, and viscera

9 : Post game content and DLC

Last edited by Maid777; 21/02/21 10:05 AM.

veteran
veteran
I kinda only hope that we will get actual hatred and hostility towards some races.
(DROW!, Duegar, Gith, DROW!, etc.)

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Maid777
6: An achievement for those of us who can get to baldurs gate and get tadpol removed without taking a long rest (I got to the end of early access without long resting once i figured out the game weird
If so, that Achievment should be named "Insomnia".

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 21/02/21 12:31 PM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
old hand
old hand
Um, might just be because I'm on my phone but why all the flashing Happy Birthday emotes?

1) That subclass likely won't be added I think because it's homebrew and not from supplements.

2) For holy classes, diety should be a little more impactful, even just for dialogue.

3) Not sure what to add for roleplay other than people making comments?

4) As screwed up as Slavery is, it would really fit in an Evil playthrough. It should, however, have consequences like making enemies of good aligned factions. Also we should be allowed to Capture some characters for plot reasons, like Minthara.

5) General consensus is that the current system is not good and needs some kind of restrictions.

6) Achievements will likely be something at the far end of development, but that would likely have one.

7) Same as 6.

8) For some yes, should be an option though so people can have the experience they want (None, Low/Normal, Bloody)

9) I'd rather that not be planned out until the game itself is done, also I'd rather they not hold out on classes or races just for dlc. If we get dlc I think it should be genuine expansions with a side quest campaign with new companions and items in a setting Canon to faerun but outside of the normal realm, like the city of brass.

veteran
veteran
There is literally a wishlist thread under this thread, just saying.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
Originally Posted by fylimar
There is literally a wishlist thread under this thread, just saying.
Indeed, and the threads have been merged.

OP: about the flashing emoticons... less is more.

Originally Posted by H3ll Pme
Nothing too big that's out of the realm of possibilities and even stuff we already know they will probably add at one point but you are eager to play around with

Here is my list:
Feats: War Caster, Resilient
Subclasses: Tempest Cleric
Spells: Spiritual Weapon, Booming Blade
Subraces: Githzerai (Or any other +2 wisdom race/subrace [I really want firbolg but I know it's not gonna happend])

What's on your wishlist?

(1) Sorcerer class
(2) Philosophical plot about how to organize a society or resolve conflicts, not just the old 'overlord seeks world domination'.
(3) Species and races which are *widely* different. Different cultures, different looks. Give me evil Drow, nice Angels. Discuss why their societies fail or work well. Don't take sides, let the players decide.
(4) Don't try to 'educate' the players. Don't tell me what to believe or how to act.
(5) Create a world where people like to 'live' in, relax and kick back. Like Skyrim. Have a small fisher's village to stop by and rest. Have a little bog with an old hag (*not* Ethel) who serves you tea.

veteran
veteran
1) Nonorigin companions: Would love to see some additional companions and romances! Adding nonorigin companions might be a way to add more high-quality companions without it costing too much.
2) More flavor text options, especially for races that don't have a lot now such as high elf
3) Transmog for armor and weapons + more armor styles in general
4) Change merchant interface so that you see the price you will pay and can't give free gold or items
5) Upgrade options for camp
6) For co-op: SWTOR-style conversations

They already said that they would be adding noncombat spells to dialogue as well as the ability for companions to interject, which are things I am looking forward to being added!

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Icelyn
1) Nonorigin companions: Would love to see some additional companions and romances! Adding nonorigin companions might be a way to add more high-quality companions without it costing too much.
2) More flavor text options, especially for races that don't have a lot now such as high elf
4) Change merchant interface so that you see the price you will pay and can't give free gold or items

They already said that they would be adding noncombat spells to dialogue as well as the ability for companions to interject, which are things I am looking forward to being added!

1 and 3 are things I really really want. I would love to be able to transmog the good equipment I give my companions to look like their starting stuff to keep their aesthetic intact and non origin companions are the thing I want most next to summoning fixes.

G
addict
addict
G
Off the top of my head:
1) Focus on making the classes feel different and interesting, instead of trying to give everyone access to everything.
2) The story is set up to make your situation feel urgent but there's no mechanical follow-through. Make time actually be a factor. Not real time, but you can't be everywhere and do everything - you should have to choose what is important for you to focus on and other other options/storylines progress while you're busy, becoming more difficult or unavailable.
3) Myriad UI and QoL improvements. It should be easier to do the things you want to do.
4) Remove almost all of the items from the world and simplify looting and inventory.
5) Tone down the companions. Right now they feel so over-the-top and self-centered that I find it difficult to care about any of them.

G
stranger
stranger
G
I really don't have very many criticisms right now, but they really need to fix the Darkness spell. They got almost everything about it wrong.

1. The Devil's Sight warlock invocation should let you see through it. "You can see normally in darkness, both magical and nonmagical, to a distance of 120 feet." Otherwise, it's almost worthless because it gives everyone attacking into and out of it disadvantage. This spell is the bread and butter of several warlock builds because of Devil's Sight.

2. You should be able to cast it on an object you are holding. This is a massive element of the functionality of the spell. "If the point you choose is on an object you are holding or one that isn't being worn or carried, the darkness emanates from the object and moves with it." This in particular really ruins one of the coolest options for warlocks in 5th edition D&D: cast darkness on something that you are holding, and then run around eldritch blasting and stabbing enemies with advantage while they all have disadvantage attacking you. (This only works if they fix Devil's Sight also)

Last edited by Gungnir1876; 21/02/21 07:55 PM.
P
addict
addict
P
Wizards actually walking with their staffs rather than putting them on their back like idiots would always be nice.

P
addict
addict
P
Originally Posted by CJMPinger
Originally Posted by Icelyn

1 and 3 are things I really really want. I would love to be able to transmog the good equipment I give my companions to look like their starting stuff to keep their aesthetic intact and non origin companions are the thing I want most next to summoning fixes.

They have an awesome armor mod on Nexus. Just FYI if your into style.

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard