Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
W
veteran
veteran
W
I think the most I ever got in a playthrough was 22-23k. Gold doesn’t really matter if you make a habit of stealing it back from vendors after you make purchases.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Warlocke
I think the most I ever got in a playthrough was 22-23k. Gold doesn’t really matter if you make a habit of stealing it back from vendors after you make purchases.

This is ultimately why I started the post. I was curious about the games economics and the potential breaking of it due to this. I suspect when we get to larger cities it may be harder to steal it back, due to more population there and the increased reliance on invisibility, but the issue is that we can just load/save. I'd very much like to have the gold mean more in the current game play, so iv been testing concepts with it to figure out what items are needed and not and how to optimize income. I was curious how high others got so i can measure how evil i was being with the load/save features. This seems to be a big motivator to playing online.

veteran
veteran

Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
Thank you. I knew there was a similar topic somewhere in the archive. Threads merged.

S
addict
addict
S
I dislike loot-focus and inventory-Tetris with a vengeance. The over-emphasis on loot was my biggest gripe with DOS2, and the reason I never finished the game. When you have so many items of questionable usefulness, you tend to hoard them while also forgetting what you do have.

That said, if Larian is *again* going to down the route of divorcing pickpocketing from any semblance of risk vs reward mechanism by making having pickpocketing become the easiest and fastest way to accrue wealth and loot without any downsides in practice...I would rather BG3 shower the player with gold. This way, at least those who want to play a heroic character isn't punished/made to feel a fool for not partaking.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard