Print Thread
H
Hathos Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
H
Hello!

I am experiencing an herb garden bug in DOS2 for Xbox One I haven't seen before. if I try to drop a recently crafted seedling plant from my inventory, it says "Can't reach" directly in my inventory and I also can't interact with seedling plants on the ground like you can with other items. Example would be the serial killer elf in fort joy who is a gardener near the void turtles, when you run up towards him and his plants on the ground their names are not showing up anymore, however items like the shovel or bucket helmet and gardening book for example, their tags DO show up.

The only way I'm able to interact to pickup these seedling plants is by holding down the A button, that creates the circle around the player character and highlights all the items within that circle. And the only way I can drop crafted plants from my inventory is to use the "Throw" option.
Note all other items scattered around don't do this, like shells, books, chests, etc. and I have no issue dropping these from my inventory. Seems the issue is only with herb garden/crafted seedlings from clay buckets.

I've tried everything I can think of, and have read through all posts online about this like going back to an un-corrupted save and I've started a new game several times but its doing this repeatedly. Soon as I'm able to start crafting plants, and try to drop it I get "Can't reach". Unless this is the new way to interact with your herb garden, it's totally different than other items and I'm not understanding why it says "can't reach" directly from my inventory or can't pick them up like other items.

This wasn't an issue a couple months ago, I've played through the game many many times and never had this issue before. I took a break from the game for a couple months, came back and found this issue so I'm hoping coming to this official forum will generate some answers.
Thank you so much in advance for any fixes for this in this wonderful game!

Support
Support

QA was able to confirm this is an issue on XBox, so this should be fixed in a future update.

H
Hathos Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
H
Okay great, thank for replying! At least we know its a known issue now. Is there any timeframe you know of for when the Xbox One update or patch is released?

Support
Support

Unfortunately the hotfix has already been finalised for testing, so this can not be fixed in time to be added. It will have to wait for the next game update, which will likely be a while (recently the time between patches has been 2 or 3 months).

H
Hathos Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
H
As of today the bug is still happening. Any update on the next hotfix update that will be fixing this bug?

Support
Support

The next update is currently being finalised for testing.

stranger
stranger
I encountered a bug similar to this one on the PC today. While encumbered I was trying to plant some drudanae. After I put the seedlings down, they don't grow and I cannot interact with them anymore.

H
Hathos Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
H
Any update on this bug fix? Almost 4 months later today I started a new character and still exact same issue.

Support
Support

Unfortunately, there is no update on this.

H
Hathos Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
H
Hope it will be included in the next patch/update! Thank you

H
Hathos Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
H
Bump. Any news on the next patch update and fixing this bug?

addict
addict
I can't believe this is still going on.
Dusted the game off for another playthrough and it's still broken well over a year later.

I don't want to fall to bits 'cos of excess existential thought.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard