Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Modrawd Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Will the full functionality of the Iron Flask be implemented? I understand that this may be imbalanced, but still this is a legendary artifact and if the player received it and knows how to use it, then he deserves it. I would like to be able to seal the Beholder in the Underdark and use it in combat later. This issue applies to all artifacts.

journeyman
journeyman
Unknown at this time, but if I were a betting man (Which I emphatically am not), I would pick no. Nifty magical items, sure, but don't forget planned level limit is 10.

Originally Posted by Nephtu
don't forget planned level limit is 10.
All that means to me really is that we'll only reach half the level the companion characters would've had to have been at to do the things that are in their origin stories...

Heya! It's me, Imoen... I just flew over on a Gold Dragon mount that I borrowed from my old travelling companion Elminster. Unfortunately, I dropped my +5 Holy Avenger somewhere along the way... Maybe when we're level 2 we can go look for it together, okay?

Last edited by The_BlauerDragon; 23/02/21 10:58 PM. Reason: Additional detail
S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by The_BlauerDragon
Originally Posted by Nephtu
don't forget planned level limit is 10.
All that means to me really is that we'll only reach half the level the companion characters would've had to have been at to do the things that are in their origin stories...

Heya! It's me, Imoen... I just flew over on a Gold Dragon mount that I borrowed from my old travelling companion Elminster. Unfortunately, I dropped my +5 Holy Avenger somewhere along the way... Maybe when we're level 2 we can go look for it together, okay?

LOL. Can hear that in her voice...

old hand
old hand
Wasn't the level 10 thing dropped so we do not know at all what the planned max level is anymore?

O
OcO Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
O
Originally Posted by CJMPinger
Wasn't the level 10 thing dropped so we do not know at all what the planned max level is anymore?

You are correct. All we know is that Larian said they were looking at raising the max level but not to what new value.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by OcO
Originally Posted by CJMPinger

You are correct. All we know is that Larian said they were looking at raising the max level but not to what new value.

I kinda hope it is just max 20 so all class features are implemented, that would also allow them to freely introduce some out there magic items, both already designed by WotC and some possibly custom as when you reach a higher level, the power of items is allowed to be more variable. that and 20, when you account for multiclassing, allows for people to make more specific characters that are designed to a player's specifics.

Link Copied to Clipboard