Seager Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
1) Playable Goblins

2) More voice options with accents

3) Difficulty settings

At any stage of development, I'm new to this type of game and I don't know anything about the D&D rule book that this is closely following so not sure if Goblins are just obviously ruled out.

These are just some things I'd like to see personally

veteran
veteran
Difficulty settings?

Playable goblins seems somewhat far fetched

S
addict
addict
S
I doubt Goblins will be added as a playable race and I actually hope not. At least they should be added after the likes of Aasimar (to counter-balance Tieflings) and Genasi.

"Racialized accents" would be good...bring on the drunken Scottish dwarves, please! Moar immerschion!

Difficulty setting should in my opinion be one of the biggest priorities now. There's a small minority of vocal people who take strong issue with almost any sort of RNG and advocate for homebrew, while there is a large minority of vocal people who take strong issue with excessive deviations of D&D RAW. Difficulty settings could satisfy both camps and provide more accurate feedback for the rest of EA.

1. There's already a mod for that. I doubt we'll ever get it any other way.
2. Would be nice to have more options (Accents or otherwise). Maybe we will. It seems like a small item that is really just common sense.
3. I'm betting that this one will be enabled at final launch.

veteran
veteran
difficulty settings for sure, everything else, no way

S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by Boblawblah
difficulty settings for sure, everything else, no way

Pretty much.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Seager
1) Playable Goblins

3) Difficulty settings

At any stage of development, I'm new to this type of game and I don't know anything about the D&D rule book that this is closely following so not sure if Goblins are just obviously ruled out.

These are just some things I'd like to see personally

1) Pretty unlikely, but half-orcs are a distinct possibility as they are in the standard Player Handbook.

2) Almost guaranteed; the resource requirement to add these is made massively easier by their decision to have silent protagonists, as a voice option only requires a few dozen flavour lines. I dislike that decision personally as I regularly feel like I'm roleplaying a drow ranger who also dabbles as an amateur dramatics mime artist, but that's just me. More voice options would placate me on that to a large degree though, if there are enough.

3) I'd be amazed if there aren't any, even if it's limited to a slider that ranges from -3 to +3 on dice rolls: but I'd EXPECT a good deal more versatile options than that such as; playing with or without elevation advantage mechanics; allowing bonus actions to be used with an action slot; refreshing spell slots on a short rest; making Shove and Hide an Action rather than a Bonus Action. Such difficulty settings would be BY FAR the easiest way for them to dodge the criticism from the actual 5e role play crowd whilst still producing a game with enough potential ADHD to cater to a mass market.

Last edited by Elessaria666; 23/02/21 08:42 PM.
Originally Posted by Elessaria666
[quote=Seager] I dislike that decision personally as I regularly feel like I'm roleplaying a drow ranger who also dabbles as an amateur dramatics mime artist, but that's just me. More voice options would placate me on that to a large degree though, if there are enough.
You are not alone. I long to start combat and hear my avatar say something like "Destroy them all!", "There will be Suffering...", or "I have such sights to show you..." As annoying as the constant voice pop-ups of old seemed to be at the time, I really find myself missing them now.

veteran
veteran
1) Playable Goblins

3) Difficulty settings
1) Unlikely. Goblins don't belong to core D&D races, and while Larian did include some unusual ones already, there is no word that they plan to add goblins as well

2) There will likely be more VO in final game. Whenever it means more choice, or fully voiced VO we will have to see.

3) It will definitely be a thing when 1.0 drops at the latest

B
stranger
stranger
B
1) Playable Goblins
between 0 and 1%

between 95 and 100%

3) Difficulty settings
This one is a little bit more difficult to guess. If they stick with DnD rules, you can' just add in additional damage on creatures or additional resistance. They *may* have to fine tune each encounter to figure out the appropriate number of adds and at what CR they would have to be. I'd say less than 40% but this is a guess

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Blackmagicgirl
3) Difficulty settings
This one is a little bit more difficult to guess. If they stick with DnD rules, you can' just add in additional damage on creatures or additional resistance. They *may* have to fine tune each encounter to figure out the appropriate number of adds and at what CR they would have to be. I'd say less than 40% but this is a guess

Yes you can? This is literally how every DnD and DnD-like (Pathfinder, kotor) do difficulty options. Baldur's Gate have the standard difficulty being fairly below core rules. Owlcat's Pathfinder games have rules like enemies only doing half extra crit damage instead of 100%.

I'd expect the chance of difficulty settings to be near 100%. There's literally no reason to not have them. It's standard in video games to have at least 2-3 difficulty levels to choose from.

Optimistically Apocalyptic
B
stranger
stranger
B
Originally Posted by Dexai
Originally Posted by Blackmagicgirl
3) Difficulty settings

Yes you can? This is literally how every DnD and DnD-like (Pathfinder, kotor) do difficulty options. Baldur's Gate have the standard difficulty being fairly below core rules. Owlcat's Pathfinder games have rules like enemies only doing half extra crit damage instead of 100%.

I'd expect the chance of difficulty settings to be near 100%. There's literally no reason to not have them. It's standard in video games to have at least 2-3 difficulty levels to choose from.

My mistake, still new to DnD smile

There also exists the possibility of increasing or decreasing the actual number of enemies in each encounter as a means of adjusting difficulty level.

Don't fret about being new to DnD though... we all were, once upon a time.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard