Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
I looked for another place to put this, or another thread to put it in... If it exists and I was just too blind to see it, I apologize.

I think a fun little exercise that Larian could throw out there would be a chance to be the voice of an upcoming NPC (even a small one). It'd be great fun for those of us who have no interest in making a career out of working in game development, but still think we're pretty good at doing character voices. Just put a little bit of basic (non spoilery) detail on 2-3 different future characters along with a handful of lines to be spoken by each up on the site somewhere and give us a form to submit our audio files... maybe give the winner a T-Shirt, or something. I know that I'd certainly be willing to throw my hat in the ring for that! I'm sure a lot of the other EA players would as well.

P
addict
addict
P
Having worked in sound before, for that to even be an option, the individual would have to invest in a really professional level mic, at least a 4 band mixer, an 8 would be better, a couple sound panels and a spit screen. Even if your great at doing VA work, if you do not have even a basic sound recording set up, there would be nothing they could do with the sample.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I happen to have all of that stuff.

OP Offline
Well, bummer... I guess I'm out... but it sounds like it would still be a fun thing for people like Ankou.

old hand
old hand
People request voice work on mods at nexusmods.com forums, id go check that out if your interested.

OP Offline
Thanks. I might just do that!

Link Copied to Clipboard