Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Ok I Wanted to make this thread to ask what forms would everyone like to see beyond the first 7.

Also wanted to make sure they will make it so druid can learn new forms based on what they have seen in game, like just in this first area there is a boar and giant frog (giant frog form could be fun with the goblin camp if they did the stat block correctly), that should be a forms we should be able to gain just by finding it and seeing it, even if its not part of the first 7. Druids, especially moon druids think of adding beasts they have seen to there wild shape list sort of like a wizard does about adding spells to its spell book. Its a big deal, and might even add some side quests for the player to go out of its way just to acquire a new special form. in essence go on safari. They had discussed adding dinosaurs , if they do I would love to see druids able to shift into a Deinonychus. for Larian there is already a stat block for it for 5th edition D&D. also for the badger I would love for it to have the option to just burrow and stay underground til told to surface for some tactical ideas, also things like the deep rothe they should be rideable by other players.

Also I have a question because I don't remember from the panel from Hell 2 if it was mentioned ( tried to click on it to re watch the video but its down), but I am asking if these are added with the sub classes. Land: does it let you choose which circle of land you are from? Moon: did they say if you can wild shape as a bonus action? Did they say if we can heal in forms by using spell slots as a bonus action?

Finally I have a caution for people viewing this from Larian , Please take careful note of the creatures stat blocks you are adding to the game as forms. Moon druids tend to like to exists as much time in there forms as possible, and also a special note take into account spells that target humanoids doesn't effect druids in forms as they are while in there form considered beasts , not humanoids, that means spells like hold person don't work on a druid in forms, but any spell that targets beasts would work.

Thank you all for your time in reading this...

Last edited by soulstalker; 24/02/21 07:37 PM.
It is in no way, shape, or form cannon to... well... anything... but I'd like to see an animal aspect sort of "altered beast" type of form or series of forms find a spot somewhere in the game (either with the druid or through another class's spell).

I think your idea about going more truthful to the class and letting them add forms as they've encountered creatures is quite genius. They should definitely look at doing that.

They should also think about adding a few hidden gems in with the class. Places that only animal form X can reach. Perhaps an unintentional and possibly heart wrenching romance with the territorial squirrel in the grove (a la Disney's take on King Arthur) if you happen to approach while in the form of a squirrel.

Perhaps, if the druid goes to sleep while in animal form they can get the bite encounter with Astarian a bit earlier than normal.

I'm just throwing ideas out there... but the possibilities are virtually limitless.

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
On topic ...
I would certainly like to see some reptilian forms ... snake, crocodile, lizzard, etc.

Originally Posted by soulstalker
tried to click on it to re watch the video but its down
Try this:

I think it was not mentioned, but i believe there is no reason to not include both advanced classes. O_o

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
old hand
old hand
Druid Wildshape forms is likely where Larian's penchant for over the top or extra could be cool, cause if it mechanically will be a base set of animals and then expanding based on seen animals that will be powerful. Then if we see unique beasts they could be really really cool targets.
Also I agree, more reptiles.

R
enthusiast
enthusiast
R
Chicken!

R
stranger
stranger
R
I would love to be a sheep in the game. I think it would be great fun. I might even have a fun little interaction with the Red Caps outside the Hags house. Other than that, Red Panda of course smile

stranger
stranger
Owlbear would be a great shape to have.
However more than new shapes, I would be more interested in making existing shapes more enjoyable to play: they currently only have like 2 utility and 2 attack skills - one of them being a most basic attack. Having more skills for each wildshape would make them more interesting to play.

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Originally Posted by Meril
Owlbear would be a great shape to have.
Same question as in other topic ...
Feel free to ignore one of them. laugh

Should that be possible?
Since owlbear is monstrosity and not beast?

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink

Link Copied to Clipboard