Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
L
addict
OP Offline
addict
L
There are so many great threads in this forum, and a big group of very enthusiastic and passionate contributors beavering away here every day.

We also know that there are some very creative and clever folk at Larian.

But what we’re missing is any indication at all that you’re listening to us on this forum. The obvious solution would be for you to make a post here once in a while.

There are likely some of the hundreds of Larian employees drifting in here occasionally who would love nothing more than to say something but cannot. As I said, you’re clever and creative… just give us a sign!

IDK, maybe pop some names we’ll recognise into one of the many books scattered around Act I… Saito? Niara? Drath? …Tuco? Someone will find it, and we’ll know we’re not just talking into a void.

Thank you.

R
stranger
stranger
R
I don't know why. But I really love this, the title is perfect. And I do agree, (speaking into spirit box) GIVE US A SIGN

old hand
old hand
I am honored and freaked out that my name was the first one you thought of, when I'm a newcomer compared to most people in these parts, ha. (I may have registered back in early December, but I didn't really start posting until a week and a half ago.)

If I'm to be referenced at all, it should just be limited to the effect of someone writing in a random discarded journal, "A strange Bard showed up a few hours ago. He kept asking a bunch of annoying questions, the type that means he's not from these parts. If he is, what the hell kind of name is Saito? Well, it won't matter, we're going to rob the sucker soon. He's just one Bard, what can go wrong?"

addict
addict
Likewise, flattered to be in your short-list, LukasPrism. The suggestion of community-related easter-eggs is funny. I could picture Ilyn Thot's medical journal mentioning "Drath came to consult for a sore throat. Sage and lemon infusions worked wonders". Or references to old forum memes. I could see the goblins telling Volo "we demand more sexy tales of our heroics". Or Lae'zel, fearing transformation, saying "oh no, I am become a monster".

That being said, I think it's clear that Larian does read the forums and other social media. Why they remain mostly silent and why their communications avoid giving any indication of what they're aiming for, that's a bit of mystery to me, and it sounds counter-productive (but I'm no expert). I have a number of hypotheses, but whatever. It seems clear that Larian doesn't plan to change that.

Would I personally find some creative, secret winks and nods to us concretely useful ? Not really. Could it be fun ? Sure ! Harmless fun.

addict
addict
Apparently we are minority and all other silent fans help devs develop the game!! The more noise we make the less they care... you need to be the silent type for them to lisen.:))

Last edited by Lastman; 25/02/21 12:15 PM.
veteran
veteran
Alas, I fear I am far too serious a person/poster to be fit for an amusing easter-egg, though I do appreciate the vote of competence as a poster of note here ^.^

addict
addict
Their last Panel From Hell answers your question.
No, they're not listening.
COW though! They paid someone to bring a COW on set!

I don't want to fall to bits 'cos of excess existential thought.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Tzelanit
COW though! They paid someone to bring a COW on set!
Maybe it just was "bring your pet to work" day. That's discrimination. No one batted an eye, when they had a dog in the earlier video.

Last edited by Wormerine; 25/02/21 05:40 PM.
veteran
veteran
It's a good list for any Larian employees to pick up. If anyone is scanning the forum they can just pick up Niara's posts and use them as a to do list.

Everyone might already know that the ToB's NPCs were Bioware forum members. Frozen-yakman made it into both IWD2 and ToB. Gromnir Il-Khan still posts on the Obsidian forums.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by LukasPrism
There are so many great threads in this forum, and a big group of very enthusiastic and passionate contributors beavering away here every day.

We also know that there are some very creative and clever folk at Larian.

But what we’re missing is any indication at all that you’re listening to us on this forum. The obvious solution would be for you to make a post here once in a while.

There are likely some of the hundreds of Larian employees drifting in here occasionally who would love nothing more than to say something but cannot. As I said, you’re clever and creative… just give us a sign!

IDK, maybe pop some names we’ll recognise into one of the many books scattered around Act I… Saito? Niara? Drath? …Tuco? Someone will find it, and we’ll know we’re not just talking into a void.

Thank you.

I would certainly love more direct conversation.

L
addict
OP Offline
addict
L
Originally Posted by KillerRabbit
It's a good list for any Larian employees to pick up. If anyone is scanning the forum they can just pick up Niara's posts and use them as a to do list.

Everyone might already know that the ToB's NPCs were Bioware forum members. Frozen-yakman made it into both IWD2 and ToB. Gromnir Il-Khan still posts on the Obsidian forums.

Funny you should mention Bioware – you’ve probably heard that Anthem has been discontinued and plans for the follow up scrapped, there is talk that Bioware might not be around in a few years if they don’t turn things around and totally nail it with DA4 or the ME sequel. Anthem launched to very mediocre reviews but many players jumped on because Bioware devs promised they’d be active in the forums around how they were building things out and keep the community engaged to get direct feedback on what players wanted. But they didn’t do any of that, it was radio silence… and now look at them.

old hand
old hand
Funny you should mention Bioware – you’ve probably heard that Anthem has been discontinued and plans for the follow up scrapped, there is talk that Bioware might not be around in a few years if they don’t turn things around and totally nail it with DA4 or the ME sequel. Anthem launched to very mediocre reviews but many players jumped on because Bioware devs promised they’d be active in the forums around how they were building things out and keep the community engaged to get direct feedback on what players wanted. But they didn’t do any of that, it was radio silence… and now look at them.

A lot of key leadership left Bioware over the years, and the remaining leadership clearly let ego take over any practical sense. One really wonders why anyone in Bioware thought Anthem was a good idea at all, if we take the statements that EA had nothing to do with proposing the project at face value.

Which we probably shouldn’t, but even without that, the signs of rampant mismanagement began as far back as DA2. I am sure nobody needs a refresher on what happened there, which was a shame because underneath all the recycled assets, the story and writing was by far the best of all DA games and would still hold up amazingly today. (Meanwhile Inquisition had a cosmic level threat for a villain, but him basically vanishing from the plot after Haven and the sheer incompetence of his underlings made the entire plot rather comical in comparison.)

Either way, I think some of the things said on this forum stem from a fear that Larian might just be a step away from following their path. I myself have been guilty of having these thoughts as they are transitioning into an AAA studio.

Last edited by Saito Hikari; 25/02/21 07:47 PM.
S
addict
addict
S

Man that is so sad. I'm from Edmonton (well, for awhile) and it was cool to have a good game company there. One of the guys I did Computer Science with even ended up working there.

I still think Kotor was their last great game.

B
Banned
Banned
B
Would love to see a sign of communication by larian. However I doubt we will get one. If they wanted to show any love to the community they would have done at least something at the last panel.

Even if they did nothing but at least talk about the issues.... yet they decided to play dead and continue like everyone is happy. Even better they clapped themselfs on shoulders how awesome they are.

Yet I would still hope they get in touch with their fans again

Banned
Banned
Originally Posted by Scribe

Man that is so sad. I'm from Edmonton (well, for awhile) and it was cool to have a good game company there. One of the guys I did Computer Science with even ended up working there.

I'm also from Edmonton. I've met the old Bioware crew (back in the day when EB Games first arrived, and BG2 came out, the BioWare team took us store employees to the studio to check things out as a celebration of the grand opening of EB Games and of the game launch. We got a sneak peak of the locked door where they were making Jade Empire at the time).

My best friend works with Zezchuck's brewery company. Doctor Greg Zezchuck left gaming all together and is now a master beer brewer. Fucking love that man. When Dr. Myzuka left after Mass Effect 2, that was when "Bioware" was no longer the same company.

Last edited by tsundokugames; 25/02/21 07:44 PM.
S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by tsundokugames
Originally Posted by Scribe

I'm also from Edmonton. I've met the old Bioware crew (back in the day when EB Games first arrived, and BG2 came out, the BioWare team took us store employees to the studio to check things out as a celebration of the grand opening of EB Games and of the game launch. We got a sneak peak of the locked door where they were making Jade Empire at the time).

My best friend works with Zezchuck's brewery company. Doctor Greg Zezchuck left gaming all together and is now a master beer brewer. Fucking love that man. When Dr. Myzuka left after Mass Effect 2, that was when "Bioware" was no longer the same company.

Ah very cool!

addict
addict
Well, some time spent with today's "big patch" definitively designates the answer as a STRONG no.

I don't want to fall to bits 'cos of excess existential thought.

Banned
Banned
Downloaded, played, uninstalled again.

Nothing has actually changed in any meaningful way to improve the game from previous versions.

R
enthusiast
enthusiast
R
Originally Posted by Baldurs-Gate-Fan
Would love to see a sign of communication by larian. However I doubt we will get one. If they wanted to show any love to the community they would have done at least something at the last panel.

Even if they did nothing but at least talk about the issues.... yet they decided to play dead and continue like everyone is happy. Even better they clapped themselfs on shoulders how awesome they are.

Yet I would still hope they get in touch with their fans again

[humor] Look at the third post on this forum: https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=759630

There you go! [/humor]

veteran
veteran
How many sub-forums that don't even have a proper distinction between each other are we going to have by the end of this EA?

General, Feeedback, Megathread feedback, Gameplay feedback... And guessing where threads about anything are going to start or end seems to be a constant coin toss.

P.S. Noticed now that I've been mentioned in the OP.
Honestly I'd gladly do without any public acknowledgement to indulge our ego and with more actual listening and acting on the suggestions.

Last edited by Tuco; 26/02/21 06:36 AM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard