Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 21 of 29 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 28 29
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Thomson
Originally Posted by andreasrylander
Yeah this is what I fear too. I feel that they should FIRST implement everything faithfully, THEN play around with homebrew stuff.

That they did not do that, shows that they have not much respect for the 5e system and they just want to do their own thing, and they see the 5e brand just as a marketing asset.

They are using the names from the D&D rules, but what the stuff does in their game has not much in common with it.

When they would be honest, they would change the class system. Then you would be able to choose between the following classes:
  • Pit Shover
  • High Ground Jumper
  • Magic Missile Spammer
  • Backstabber

I guess then everyone would have a better idea how to build characters and what each character's purpose is in combat.

Hehe, yeah... =)

I do love Larian though, and I still have hopes that they improve upon a lot of the things people are adressing. =)

R
journeyman
journeyman
R
More D&D less goofus D&D please.. Wizards should NOT learn clerics spells that is lore breaking.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Rieline
More D&D less goofus D&D please.. Wizards should NOT learn clerics spells that is lore breaking.

Yeah that is just bizarre and makes me wonder why one would even bother playing a cleric?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Rieline

Yeah I've been thinking "obvious bug, will be fixed in the next patch" but I'm starting to wonder . . .

It could be that someone over at Larian doesn't quite grasp the concept that there are different forms of magic and different ways of gaining access to it... they could be thinking of it like some sort of generic "source" that everyone can gain access to... but I'd be willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and say that this is probably just a bug and will be fixed in future updates.

Banned
Banned
Folks, the "any class learn any spell" is a FEATURE of the Divinity engine. Swen is proud of it, it will not be changing.

Characters simply can either learn all spells, or no spells. I'm surprised you're surprised.

stranger
stranger
I vote against the thread creators intention. Please don't limit your creativity and what you could possibly create by adherences to a restricting rule system.

S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by Meril
I vote against the thread creators intention. Please don't limit your creativity and what you could possibly create by adherences to a restricting rule system.

Have no fear. Larian has answered your wish and agreed with you.

S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by tsundokugames
Folks, the "any class learn any spell" is a FEATURE of the Divinity engine. Swen is proud of it, it will not be changing.

Characters simply can either learn all spells, or no spells. I'm surprised you're surprised.

While that may be a thing for Divinity, that is not Forgotten Realms.

What's the point of a Class based system???

Banned
Banned

why even play a game if you don't want to play the game's rules?

would you join a club of any sort just so you could tell them to change everything they do to suit you?

no, you join clubs that already have interests that suit you. You join them to take part in the already existing community.

your attitude is PRECISELY WHY games like BG3 exist.

So much "oh, pretty, good stuff" back patting by the cheerleading squad while the people looking for the actual game are getting ignored.

Banned
Banned
Originally Posted by Scribe

oh I totally agree with you, but the reason is that this game is built on Divinity first, not D&D. This is Divinity: Forgotten Realms (DOS3). people have REFUSED to acknowledge this for months, despite it's seeming appearance.

It will NOT change. Larian's track history of actually making changes sugggested or BEGGED by the players is abysmal.

It is a FEATURE and a TRAIT of Larian to be stubborn and bullheaded and do what they want until, like the DOS2 armor debacle, they have to be slapped into wakefulness.

Last edited by tsundokugames; 26/02/21 07:44 PM.
S
addict
addict
S

So you can roll a battlemaster fighter with tons of scrolls so you can have the best of both worlds.

Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo

would you join a club of any sort just so you could tell them to change everything they do to suit you?

no, you join clubs that already have interests that suit you. You join them to take part in the already existing community.

So much "oh, pretty, good stuff" back patting by the cheerleading squad while the people looking for the actual game are getting ignored.
Please cut out the snarkiness. You ought to be able to make your point without being confrontational.

Last edited by Sadurian; 26/02/21 07:44 PM.
Banned
Banned
Originally Posted by spectralhunter

So you can roll a battlemaster fighter with tons of scrolls so you can have the best of both worlds.
that's not D&D.

Banned
Banned
Originally Posted by Sadurian

Please cut out the snarkiness. You ought to be able to make your point without being confrontational.
I'll try. Just speaking my truth.

I am pointing to generalities in larger populations. The fact that they stem from micro interactions shouldn't be frowned upon.

I'm also not wrong.

Last edited by tsundokugames; 26/02/21 07:46 PM.
S
addict
addict
S
oh I totally agree with you, but the reason is that this game is built on Divinity first, not D&D. This is Divinity: Forgotten Realms (DOS3). people have REFUSED to acknowledge this for months, despite it's seeming appearance.

Absolutely. I’ve resigned myself to that fact. I will try to offer up some small suggestions for balance but I’ve decided to just flip my brain to someone who doesn’t care about 5e rules and just want “rule of cool” fun. So I’ll be making more “fun” suggestions as well.

old hand
old hand
Honestly I’m kind of upset, but I knew this was going to happen. But I kind of want to turn that energy into learning how to mod this game. Might as well fully embrace it, and perhaps later we can set up a seminar to teach the community how the engine actually works.

My first order of business is to see if it’s possible to mod in subclasses that don’t normally exist like Solasta’s Greenmage.

Originally Posted by Saito Hikari
Honestly I’m kind of upset, but I knew this was going to happen. But I kind of want to turn that energy into learning how to mod this game. Might as well fully embrace it, and perhaps later we can set up a seminar to teach the community how the engine actually works.
I applaud your optimism. Modding to rectify serious deficiencies like "any class can learn any spell" may be the thing that saves this game for a great many people who would have otherwise tossed it into the trash heap (just as I did with DOS2 after a few hours of trying it out).

S
addict
addict
S

My first order of business is to see if it’s possible to mod in subclasses that don’t normally exist like Solasta’s Greenmage.

I know I asked this before, but I don't have Solasta. If you have the definition of the class, im sure it could be attempted.

S
addict
addict
S

I know I asked this before, but I don't have Solasta. If you have the definition of the class, im sure it could be attempted.

It’s a wizard with archery and some nature spells. It’s a weird blend of wizard/ranger/Druid. Solasta doesn’t have multiclassing and the full D&D license so I think this was their solution to fill a niche.

That being said, it’s a popular choice among testers.

Last edited by spectralhunter; 26/02/21 08:32 PM.
Page 21 of 29 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 28 29

Link Copied to Clipboard