Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
BeeBee Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Although I'm pretty sure that at some point there must have been some discussion at Larian's headquarters about implementing some special romance cinematics for Druids in wild form -- because WHY wouldn't it come up --... it seems like this idea was discarded. In fact, you can't even properly interact with your party members while you are in animal form.

Halsin would have delivered, just sayin'.

The boar is saying: "Where's Halsin? He promised me A MATE."

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Last edited by BeeBee; 26/02/21 08:04 PM.
old hand
old hand
Ok as funny as that is, nope.
Though it would be a nice small detail if we can find him a mate and through that get some info or reward, or two boars in our camp.

BeeBee Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by CJMPinger
Though it would be a nice small detail if we can find him a mate and through that get some info or reward, or two boars in our camp.

Camp management will become a hunger management for the different pets:

1. Keep Scratch the dog from nomming on the Skelleton.
2. Keep the Owlbear from eating Scratch.
3. Keep Astarion from snacking on the boars.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by BeeBee
Originally Posted by CJMPinger

Camp management will become a hunger management for the different pets:

1. Keep Scratch the dog from nomming on the Skelleton.
2. Keep the Owlbear from eating Scratch.
3. Keep Astarion from snacking on the boars.

Give Scratch some bones you found.
The owl ear some meat.
And astarion some blood.

Issue is I ran out of drink for my tamed Volo and he ran off with my eye.

But yeah I'm the kind of guy who likes to populate a hub so getting animals to come to camp with animal speech or druid is up my alley. And even then, getting to help animals is a nice detail in a dnd game and more examples of it in the game will definitely be an improvement, if a small one.

BeeBee Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
No, no, I agree, that would be delightful... but a bit stressful for the companions that stay at camp, after a certain point :-3

Baldur's Gate 3: Old Mac Lae'zel Had a Farm

Banned
Banned
good lord no. I would straight up boycott Larian if they turned BG in to a furry masturbation game. the romance is already cringe enough as it is.

Last edited by tsundokugames; 26/02/21 08:21 PM.
BeeBee Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by tsundokugames
good lord no. I would straight up boycott Larian if they turned BG in to a furry masturbation game. the romance is already cringe enough as it is.

***stares in BG's saga "forced impregnation" super cringey origin story and notes that furry (...and... while we are at it... cephalopodic... [[[hides in shame]]]) romance and romps would be MUCH more wholesome than whatever that was***

Because, look, Blurg and Omeluum are the MOST wholesome couple of Early Access, even cuter than those two tiefling newlyweds. Just... give those hairy wild shape druids a chance. Give Bear Daddy Halsin a chance.

Banned
Banned
I will still boycott if they introduce furry nonsense.

Banned
Banned
Jesus Christ, that boar is red-eyed, big toothed and horny. Tell me where it is so i can magic missile that fool too.

BeeBee Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by tsundokugames
I will still boycott if they introduce furry nonsense.

You mean you will pupcott.

[Linked Image from i.kym-cdn.com]

Banned
Banned
No, I don't ... and that precise behaviour is why.

R
enthusiast
enthusiast
R
I imagine it came up - after all, they included urination and sex scenes, so I am sure someone at Larian considered the possibility of Wild Shape. But I am glad they didn't decide to go full Harkness Test: https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Harkness_Test

veteran
veteran
Literally laughed out loud.

God no. For love of Bhaal and all that is unholy no.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RBarbare
I imagine it came up - after all, they included urination and sex scenes, so I am sure someone at Larian considered the possibility of Wild Shape. But I am glad they didn't decide to go full Harkness Test: https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Harkness_Test

I didn't know that test, but I read the name and immediatly thought that in this context it has to be about Captain Jack Harness - and there he was grin

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
BeeBee Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by RBarbare

That link was illuminating, thank you!

Plot twist... The Hog is actually an Ogre Druid in wildshape... and you discover this only because the cut scene forces you both out of wildshape when the intercourse starts...

BeeBee Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Where there's a will there's a mod, that's all I'm saying.

veteran
veteran
For the record I'll just mention again, Scratch is the nicest person in camp, and when the player character is under the influence of SwA (magic which doesn't affect the other creature in any way), Scratch passes Harkness.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Niara
For the record I'll just mention again, Scratch is the nicest person in camp, and when the player character is under the influence of SwA (magic which doesn't affect the other creature in any way), Scratch passes Harkness.

As the confirmed furry in this conversation, please no!
Yes he passes the Harness Test, but no. Let's not romance something that is typically unable to pass the test. (Besides, we need dragon born and other anthro races to romance.). He is a feral dog and outside of SwA, he is a very normal feral dog. And even then his ability to consent is dubious. He is a good friend and I always have him in my camp, but he is only a friend.

Banned
Banned
^ why romance of any kind in a video game is cringe.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard