Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
I'm always a bit cool towards Ms Day after I discovered she has publicly stated she'd rather cross the street than walk by someone with a gaming t-shirt on.

T
Banned
Banned
T
Originally Posted by JoB
Originally Posted by Terminator2020
I wonder what time she will start playing BG3 patch 4... it will takes some time to download patch and she can be busy. In wonder if it is live feed?

Well it could be much later. She lives in America time zone. Perhaps when I sleep.
I'm not sure what time zone you're in, but it's scheduled for 10:00 PM EST (on Twitch).
Well thank you for confirmation.

That is 5AM in the morning Saturday 27th February 2021 in my time zone Finland, Europe. For those in Sweden, Denmark or Belgium (where Larian headquarters are) example that is 4 AM in the morning 27 th February 2021. In UK depends on how you look it is 3 AM on night time between Friday and Saturday. Pretty much sleeping time in Europe.

Larian has six studios spanning Belgium, Ireland, Russia, Canada, England, and Malaysia, working together to bring Baldur's Gate 3 to life.

Well whatever and I do like USA and Canada and it is near their evening time Friday.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 26/02/21 06:39 PM.
Who?

BeeBee Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Some_Twerp753
I'm always a bit cool towards Ms Day after I discovered she has publicly stated she'd rather cross the street than walk by someone with a gaming t-shirt on.

Oh lordy, look, a misrepresentation of one blog post from, what, seven years ago, that got her doxxed and threatened. She actually talks extensively about this incident in her book, where she reflects about how the toxic culture surrounding gamergate's "ethics in video game journalism" (which was really about harassing any woman who dared to apply a basic feminist framework to the industry) affected her perception of people who she would have, up to that point, identified as potential friends, geeks and open-minded gamers. She didn't like how she felt about them, and she wrote about that experience and the cultural context surrounding that fear, asking for bridging the differences to enjoy gaming together -- for a cultural cease-fire, so to speak -- and, for her troubles, she got doxxed, her home address leaked and her dog threatened.

"I have allowed a handful of anonymous people to censor me. They have forced me, out of fear, into seeing myself a potential victim.

And that makes me loathe not THEM, but MYSELF.

So I write this to urge any person, male or female, who now has the impulse to do what I did, to walk away from something they loved before, to NOT.

Don’t let other people drive you away from gaming.

Games are beautiful, they are creative, they are worlds to immerse yourself in. They are art. And they are worth fighting for, even if the atmosphere is ugly right now. A small minority are putting up barbed wire walls between us who love games. And that is sad. Because odds are 99% certain that those guys on the street who I avoided would have been awesome to talk to. I realize that letting the actions of a few hateful people influence my behavior is the absolutely worst thing I could do in life. And not an example I want to set, ever.

So to myself and to everyone else who operates out of love not vengeance: Don’t abandon games. Don’t cross the street. Gaming needs you. To create, to play, to connect.

To represent."

Here's the original blog post:
http://feliciaday.com/blog/crossing-the-street/

Here's the Washington Post article about what followed:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...er-she-expresses-fear-of-being-targeted/

And The Guardian:
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/oct/23/felicia-days-public-details-online-gamergate

And CNN:
https://www.cnn.com/2014/10/23/living/felicia-day-gamergate

And Kotaku:
https://kotaku.com/felicia-day-and-gamergate-this-is-what-happens-now-1650544129

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by BeeBee

Oh lordy, look, a misrepresentation of one blog post from, what, seven years ago, that got her doxxed and threatened. She actually talks extensively about this incident in her book, where she reflects about how the toxic culture surrounding gamergate's "ethics in video game journalism" (which was really about harassing any woman who dared to apply a basic feminist framework to the industry) affected her perception of people who she would have, up to that point, identified as potential friends, geeks and open-minded gamers. She didn't like how she felt about them, and she wrote about that experience and the cultural context surrounding that fear, asking for bridging the differences to enjoy gaming together -- for a cultural cease-fire, so to speak -- and, for her troubles, she got doxxed, her home address leaked and her dog threatened.

"I have allowed a handful of anonymous people to censor me. They have forced me, out of fear, into seeing myself a potential victim.

So I write this to urge any person, male or female, who now has the impulse to do what I did, to walk away from something they loved before, to NOT.

Games are beautiful, they are creative, they are worlds to immerse yourself in. They are art. And they are worth fighting for, even if the atmosphere is ugly right now. A small minority are putting up barbed wire walls between us who love games. And that is sad. Because odds are 99% certain that those guys on the street who I avoided would have been awesome to talk to. I realize that letting the actions of a few hateful people influence my behavior is the absolutely worst thing I could do in life. And not an example I want to set, ever.

So to myself and to everyone else who operates out of love not vengeance: Don’t abandon games. Don’t cross the street. Gaming needs you. To create, to play, to connect.

To represent."

And The Guardian:
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/oct/23/felicia-days-public-details-online-gamergate

And CNN:

And Kotaku:
https://kotaku.com/felicia-day-and-gamergate-this-is-what-happens-now-1650544129

i dont get how any of that makes it okay to "cross the street to avoid someone wearing a gaming t-shirt" ...what am i missing here? Why not just judge people on what they actually do instead of on the group (which isn't remotely a unified group at that) they are a part of? so some asshole doxxed her, that's not cool, but what does that have to do with avoiding someone with a gaming shirt?

BeeBee Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Boblawblah
i dont get how any of that makes it okay to "cross the street to avoid someone wearing a gaming t-shirt" ...what am i missing here? Why not just judge people on what they actually do instead of on the group (which isn't remotely a unified group at that) they are a part of? so some asshole doxxed her, that's not cool, but what does that have to do with avoiding someone with a gaming shirt?

I'm not sure that you read the original blog post that got her doxxed, but she says that she hated herself for crossing the street and that people shouldn't do it, because despite there being "assholes that will dox you" as you put, 99,9% of the gaming community is wonderful. It was a call to unity that got her doxxed.

And here's the quote:
"Because odds are 99% certain that those guys on the street who I avoided would have been awesome to talk to. I realize that letting the actions of a few hateful people influence my behavior is the absolutely worst thing I could do in life. And not an example I want to set, ever.

So to myself and to everyone else who operates out of love not vengeance: Don’t abandon games. Don’t cross the street. Gaming needs you. To create, to play, to connect."

Last edited by BeeBee; 26/02/21 07:04 PM. Reason: clarity
Banned
Banned
The fact that they are paying Felicia Day to play this is troubling. Larian is chasing consumers, not gamers.

veteran
veteran

I'm not sure that you read the original blog post that got her doxxed, but she says that she hated herself for crossing the street and that people shouldn't do it, because despite there being "assholes that will dox you" as you put, 99,9% of the gaming community is wonderful. It was a call to unity that got her doxxed.

And here's the quote:
"Because odds are 99% certain that those guys on the street who I avoided would have been awesome to talk to. I realize that letting the actions of a few hateful people influence my behavior is the absolutely worst thing I could do in life. And not an example I want to set, ever.

So to myself and to everyone else who operates out of love not vengeance: Don’t abandon games. Don’t cross the street. Gaming needs you. To create, to play, to connect."

Oh, okay, that's cool then. I'm all about that then (i didn't read the original blog -.-*) apologies for jumping the gun

S
addict
addict
S

To represent."

And The Guardian:

And CNN:

And Kotaku:

I'm not sure you could have read the post and links, and still responded like this....

I'm not going to bother watching the stream, for the same reason I don't watch when other twitch streamers are paid to shill for a game.

This woman's experience and response to that shouldn't be a concern in that regard.

Certainly seems irrelevant to me.

BeeBee Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by tsundokugames
The fact that they are paying Felicia Day to play this is troubling. Larian is chasing consumers, not gamers.

Just edited that bit of info on the OP, the sponsorship she's referring to in the video is unrelated to Larian or BG3. Sorry about the misunderstanding!

S
addict
addict
S

Just edited that bit of info on the OP, the sponsorship she's referring to in the video is unrelated to Larian or BG3. Sorry about the misunderstanding!

That is quite the oops. laugh

BeeBee Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Scribe

It's a NAUTILOID-SIZED OOPS and I'm going to do a dog walk of shame this afternoon to atone for it.

--------------------------

I know that most people in this forum speak only English, but there were a couple of French streamers that did a hilarious BG3 series of four episodes where they did co-op play , with full backstories, voice work and roleplay. The characters were Béchamel (like the white sauce, with looks and dream lover based on the French philosopher Bernard-Henri Lévy), a servile halfling rogue, and Prince de LU (like the chocolate cookies) based on Prince Charming from Shrek... if Prince Charming had a knack for accidentally killing forest animals.

Again, I don't know if it was sponsored (although I highly doubt it!) but I have never laughed harder in my life. Definitely worth checking out if you speak French.

T
Banned
Banned
T
Originally Posted by The_BlauerDragon
Who?
Perhaps next time check all posts in same thread or use google then asking questions like that?
Whatever I will be nice and once more post this.

Wonderful and I consider Felicia Day a CELEBRITY. Ok perhaps not super popular, but still very popular in GAMING community. She posted these videos 2009 and 2010. During year 2010 World of Warcraft MMO was at height of it is popularity with Wrath of Lichking expansion as newest active expansion (I played WOW then, but quit WOW after 3 years playing. I started playing WOW some time before Wrath of Lichking expansion) with over 12 million active players that are all PC gamers and paying the monthly fee which is amazing cool.

Well so nice now I know at least one CELEBRITY that I like that she plays BG3 smile. Yes I do have other CELEBRITY persons that I like, but in this thread topic was mentioned this CELEBRITY.
Here is even Wikipedia:
Wikipedia Felicia Day

Last edited by Terminator2020; 26/02/21 08:13 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Scribe

It's a NAUTILOID-SIZED OOPS and I'm going to do a dog walk of shame this afternoon to atone for it.

--------------------------

I know that most people in this forum speak only English, but there were a couple of French streamers that did a hilarious BG3 series of four episodes where they did co-op play , with full backstories, voice work and roleplay. The characters were Béchamel (like the white sauce, with looks and dream lover based on the French philosopher Bernard-Henri Lévy), a servile halfling rogue, and Prince de LU (like the chocolate cookies) based on Prince Charming from Shrek... if Prince Charming had a knack for accidentally killing forest animals.

Again, I don't know if it was sponsored (although I highly doubt it!) but I have never laughed harder in my life. Definitely worth checking out if you speak French.

Sadly my French is very rusty (learned it in school, but seldom used it). We have a very funny gamer, who posts funny Let's Plays too, Gronkh. He might do a BG3 run too - maybe he already has. Have to check it. I like the more funny playthroughs, just found a channel from a guy, who gives voices to silent protagonists ... very sarcastivc voices. He is surprisingly good. I especially love his Bloodborne and Dark Souls videos, since these games normally are not funny - great, but not funny.

I have the time problem with the Felicia Day stream too, since I'm living in Europe (Germany), but I guess, she will upload it to her channel? Maybe I'll check it out later.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
L
addict
addict
L
I’ve noticed since the patch dropped barely anyone is streaming or watching BG3 on Twitch, maybe around 200 viewers total most of the times I’ve checked. Surprising, numbers were much, much higher for release and the earlier patches.

T
Banned
Banned
T
Originally Posted by fylimar
[Sadly my French is very rusty (learned it in school, but seldom used it).
I have the time problem with the Felicia Day stream too, since I'm living in Europe (Germany), but I guess, she will upload it to her channel? Maybe I'll check it out later.
No need to be sorry. I have nothing against French language, but I do not speak French and have not studied it. I am fluent in Finnish, Swedish and English. I did study German language when became Engineer and I have basic German language skills. Deutchland uber alles cool! Deutschland ist das wunderbar smile!

SPOILER my country history with Germany: Today Germany is good country I know that.

Hmm seems people are confused about Finland my country.

Well I am Finn and these are my thoughts. There were 2 different wars between Finland and Soviet Union (back then it was not named Russia).

The winter war was an embarrassment to mighty Soviet Union and that made Hitler believe Finns were strong and Russians weak... Russians however after some months of failure renewed their military leadership and tactics and sent even more troops, but the warfare was still taking a heavy toll on the Russians.

Häyhä (a Finn) is believed to have killed over 500 men during the Winter War, the highest number of sniper kills in any major war.[2][3][4][5] The russians gave him the nickname White Death!

Peace was made and Finland had to give up some land area pay goods and money to Soviet Union.

Finns did not have great equipment in Winter War and lot of equipment we actually captured from the Russians.

Second war against Soviet Union:

Finland got information that Stalin planned to start again a war vs Finland. Hitler wanted Finns as allies and saying no to Germans could have meant worst scenario that Finland have to fight both Germany and Soviet Union. I do admit it was also many Finns that wanted to give some payback to Soviet Union. Finland agreed to military alliance with Germany, but this was only against Soviet Union.

Continuation war... Finland went very successfully deep into Soviet Union even past old borders. Finns got great boost in equipment from Germany and there even German military warplanes and a bit German troops in Finland.

Soviet Union began mass production of tanks and when it all went to shit for the Germans (this much due to also harsh winter). Finn troops retreated then to Finland border areas.

Soviet Union was successfully in warfare now vs Germans and German troops had to retreat or die.

Soviet Union sent a huge army towards Finland with order occupy it all!

All Soviet union tries to invade Finland at the border was a disaster no progress at all. At one point actually USA tried to convince Soviet Union to make peace with Finland, but Soviet Union, refused or said to Finns lay down your arms and we occupy your whole country which of course Finland did not accept.

Anyway Finns and Germans in Finland made up a plan... on purpose they let with very little resistance a huge Soviet Union army over the Finland border clearly into Finland areas.

Well only to surround them with Elite forces and begin the slaughter of Soviet troops. After hours of slaughtering Soviet troops happened this. Soviet morale went so bad that they began running in full panic towards the border towards Soviet Union.

They even left many fully functioning tanks and started running (Finns did terminate the tanks very efficiently to stay in them meant death!)...

After this utter failure what was the Soviet options:

A. Assemble a new army to Finland border there was not much left of Soviet troops at Finland border.. and would that even succeed after utter failures so far?

Soviet Union had a bit difficult to estimate the remaining German resistance and Finland was so strong so there even remained a threat that Finland could suddenly change tactics and attack into Soviet Union (which would realistically not make that we could occupy Soviet Union, but lots of problems and headache to Soviet troops and mayhem if Finns would do that).

B. Make peace with Finland which was done.

Soviet Union and Finland agreed to peace Finland had to pay lots of goods and stuff, but this time give no land area.

Germans in Finland did not voluntary want to leave Finland, but retreated away from Finland when Finland Elite troops came near. There was not attempt to kill really the Germans for us it was enough that they retreated outside of Finland and that was in the peace treaty with Soviet Union.

I have done military service in Finland. Well I think we need a strong army. Personally I would support the idea of Finland joins NATO, but that is between my government and NATO.

Anyway I have nothing against Russian tourists and the only "conflict" I want with Russia is in sports. Let them compete internationally in sports instead and I do not hate Russia in sports. One of my ex girlfriends was Russian.

Anyway Felica Day will have this presentation in English.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 26/02/21 11:30 PM.
Banned
Banned

awesome and appreciated!

I will leave my post unedited just so peopel don't get confused by the subsequent fix laugh

S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by LukasPrism
I’ve noticed since the patch dropped barely anyone is streaming or watching BG3 on Twitch, maybe around 200 viewers total most of the times I’ve checked. Surprising, numbers were much, much higher for release and the earlier patches.

Well there isn’t all that much that’s new other than druids. The content access is the same. Unless Larian opens up more things like new areas or new levels, I think the streams will steadily decrease.

Banned
Banned
Originally Posted by LukasPrism

I think it's because druids are the lamest class ever. It's not like they released drown halflings with this patch, but it's not that far off.

S
addict
addict
S
We need a cutscene skip option. It's tedium to learn we must get to the helm, again, and again, and again.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard