Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
veteran
veteran
Small glitch with Ray of Frost: if aimed at close and medium range, instead of landing at the destination the vfx of the Ray travels straight and the impact occurs where the caster is. But the glitch appears to be only visual.

As soon as I get it downloaded, I'm going to try starting a multiplayer session with myself. I'll do 2 druids and a main character (probably a Drow Ranger). If I run into any issues or encounter any bugs I'll be sure to post them... at least now I know not to mention the Ray of Frost if I see that one.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Saito Hikari
The patch notes say Zariel’s tieflings now know how to use Searing Smite.

Searing Smite is a Paladin spell.

Hmm...
And Zariel Tiefling's spell.

R
stranger
stranger
R
I couldn't change the name of the character when creating it, did you see this in the new patch ?

S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by Ragdai
I couldn't change the name of the character when creating it, did you see this in the new patch ?

We all Tav now?

S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by Scribe
Originally Posted by Ragdai

We all Tav now?

You can change the name. It's just real hard to get that cursor to show up.

veteran
veteran
Yeah, it's really hard. I found that changing the tab and coming back sometimes helped. And otherwise its a game of click here . . . no? How about a millimeter to left . . .

veteran
veteran
Double clicking on the name did it for me.

I reinstalled the game and it works now. I have my spells, items and movements on the correct hotbars.
That's a lesson: no more mods in EA, I only had a hair mod, but I guess, that was enough.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
"We grow, our patches become smaller." Well, it's still 55 GB, it's not smaller but less huge wink
Nice to see the progress and a new class! smile

Last edited by Redglyph; 26/02/21 07:38 AM.
veteran
veteran
Is it normal that a lolth-sworn drow druid is actually registered as a worshiper of shar?

apprentice
apprentice
2176 / 5000

Thank you for your hard work. I'm going to my third PT right now. Thanks also for supporting the game on Mac.

Despite being anxious for the following implements:
- Quality of life: change the chain system for the group.
- Quality of life: being able to cast the Concentration spell on a character who is already talking to an NPC.
- Quality of life: being able to select multiple items in the inventory, holding Shift, and clicking on them.
- Companions: Please, avoid odd numbers to the maximum in the abilities of the companions. Will, for example, has four odd-numbers on that, making me have to fix that with Feats.
- Interface: The character's photo does not need to appear three times on the screen. Nor the number of Hit Points has to appear four times.
- Interface: Option to hide the mini-map from the screen, just as we can do with the log.
- Interface: Improves the quality of the map, which is very pixelated and blurred.
- Interface: Take off the square and triangle icons that are under the skill bar. It's taking too much space. This already happens out of combat.

The next suggestions are purely for personal taste. I know that implementing them is much more complicated.
- Day-Night Cycle: It can be purely cosmetic, without having to program different behaviors for all the NPCs. A modder did this for DOS2 and it was excellent (although the contrast and saturation were overwhelming). But it would be nice if the characters received penalties for darkness and stealth bonuses during the night.
- Customization: It would be perfect if we could modify our physical form. Tyranny, for instance, has the simpler mechanic (3 body types), and ESO has the more satisfying.
- Spells: It would be nice to reduce the spell area with the mouse wheel (PoE has this).

Nevertheless, thanks again.

Last edited by Gustavo R; 26/02/21 02:28 PM. Reason: spelling corrections
apprentice
apprentice
Thank you!

PLEASE PLEASE Fix the GoG updates for this game. GoG forces you to download the entire (60GB) game every time it is updated.

veteran
veteran
Yeah day night cycle would be super interesting esp for Drow and Astarion

Jess Offline OP
Larian Alumni
OP Offline
Larian Alumni
Originally Posted by fylimar
Double clicking on the name did it for me.

I reinstalled the game and it works now. I have my spells, items and movements on the correct hotbars.
That's a lesson: no more mods in EA, I only had a hair mod, but I guess, that was enough.

Hooray! Thanks for letting me know that was the culprit. Glad it's working for you now.

Originally Posted by Memorex636
<< Mac user.... I know and if they ever restock the new 3080 rtx I would build a new pc.
however at this im stuck with the mac and the limited games it plays.

before installation of patch 4 game ran great. after installation game loads to a white screen and locks up. I also had it load and be completely yellow tinted. you can hear the audio play in the background.

Macbook Pro 2018. Version 11.2.2
2.9 GHZ I9 6 core. 32 GB 2400MHZ ddr4

Try disabling HDR in the launcher window.

addict
addict
I started a patch 4 game and have just defeated the intellect-devies on the beach. This is the point where in my previous games, me and Shadowheart leveled up to 2.
This time, only I leveled up. Shadowheart needs 9 more XP.
In earlier gemes, all characters, even those in camp, had the same XP, I believe. This no longer seems to be te case. Although I don't see this mentioned in the list of changes that was posted here.

Jess Offline OP
Larian Alumni
OP Offline
Larian Alumni
Originally Posted by ldo58
I started a patch 4 game and have just defeated the intellect-devies on the beach. This is the point where in my previous games, me and Shadowheart leveled up to 2.
This time, only I leveled up. Shadowheart needs 9 more XP.
In earlier gemes, all characters, even those in camp, had the same XP, I believe. This no longer seems to be te case. Although I don't see this mentioned in the list of changes that was posted here.

I also noticed this in my playthrough, although for me the difference is 30 points between myself and Shadowheart. I have made a note of this and forwarded to the team.

addict
addict
In my game the difference is also 30 XP. Meanwhile , we met Astarion and he came in with the same XP my player has. (So also 30 above Shadowheart)

journeyman
journeyman
In my game the difference is also 30 XP. Meanwhile , we met Astarion and he came in with the same XP my player has. (So also 30 above Shadowheart)

I experienced the same pattern. When I further added Gale he also, like Astarion, had the same XP. Furthermore, it has continued. When my character reached level 3, with Gale and Astarion, Shadowheart was delayed by 30xp or so.

Last edited by Baldrick; 26/02/21 09:40 PM.
Jess Offline OP
Larian Alumni
OP Offline
Larian Alumni
Originally Posted by Baldrick

I experienced the same pattern. When I further added Gale he also, like Astarion, had the same XP. Furthermore, it has continued. When my character reached level 3, with Gale and Astarion, Shadowheart was delayed by 30xp or so.

Thanks for the info!

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard