veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by number22
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

It is so beautifull !
What's that ? Mod ? Photoshop ?

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
S
old hand
old hand
S
Originally Posted by Maximuuus
It is so beautifull !
What's that ? Mod ? Photoshop ?
A bug : https://www.reddit.com/r/BaldursGate3/comments/11yrot9/daynight_cycle_in_bg3/

GM4Him #848007 23/03/23 12:44 AM
veteran
veteran
The ship crash occurs at night, sounds like you can skip over the trigger that makes it day again.

GM4Him #848019 23/03/23 09:29 AM
M
M
This bug happened to me as well and I loved it. I wish Larian would add this officially as a day/night cycle and weather system adds a lot to immersion (even without npc schedules but sure, its better with that). Also it would add a lot to the light/dark gameplay.
If this is not technically possible to do in BG3 i hope Larian's next project is being built with this feature in head.

GM4Him #848020 23/03/23 09:49 AM
S
old hand
old hand
S
My guess is that Larian is using a lot of prebaked lighting for performance sake, so changing the ambiant lighting to simulate night would break a lot of things. Those kind of shaders can get quite taxing on any machine.

GM4Him #880579 14/08/23 02:14 PM
P
journeyman
journeyman
P
Is always daylight except in the transition video. Is a bug or what else? If i want to stole at night in places too much crowded i can't do this....

Last edited by Palatinus; 14/08/23 02:18 PM.
veteran
Online Content
veteran
Originally Posted by Palatinus
Is always daylight except in the transition video. Is a bug or what else? If i want to stole at night in places too much crowded i can't do this....

There's no day/night cycle.
it's always day unless you are at your camp.
It's the entire point of these 20+ pages of "discussion".

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
GM4Him #882237 17/08/23 09:03 AM
veteran
veteran
Now having played through 90% of the game, it's even more clear how damaging the omission of night time is.

You have the goddess of the Moon and goddess of the Night playing a bit part. But you can't see the moon. You can't travel at night. You can't even make the most of the mechanical advantages Sharran gear give you in darkness and shadows.

You have vampires hanging out in the city at broad daylight. You will never have a cool scene where you walk the city streets at night, and the same vampires come to lure you into an alley and harass you. Vampires do not casually hang out at taverns during the day. Why do you have vampires in the game at all if you can't do them properly? It's a massive let down and flavor fail.

The city is missing more than half of it's atmosphere and all happenings after sundown. Thugs, parties, vampires, shady dealings. And just calm and quiet in contrast to a busy day.

Who cares if NPC's don't act all realistic at night or be sleeping in their beds with new dialogue or whatever if you wake them up? Just give them some "Leave or I call the Fist" hover text over head without dialogue. That is a MUCH smaller evil than not having night time at all.

Last edited by 1varangian; 17/08/23 09:05 AM.
GM4Him #883033 18/08/23 05:04 PM
addict
addict
Did I voice my support in this thread anywhere yet? If not, then this is it. I agree with everything said about a proper day/night cycle.

If it's too complex for Larian to do in terms of cost vs. benefit as part of a normal game, how about making it the central theme of the next one? Call it "Baldur's Gate 4: The Rise of Shar and Selûne." or even just "Baldur's Gate 4: Day and Night". Go all out! Pour your hearts into a proper night atmosphere from all angles!

Surfaces were Original Sin's big feature.
Cinematics are the big feature of Baldur's Gate 3.
The time has come! Embrace the Light and Darkness!

... my 2 cents.

Last edited by Arhu; 18/08/23 05:06 PM.

Do You Like Dreams?
Page 21 of 21 1 2 19 20 21

Link Copied to Clipboard