Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
atom0s Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I found a hidden difficulty mode while hacking the game for fun after beating it. I haven't tried it out except starting a new char and seeing if anything different happens in the starting town at least.

The difficulty is called "Lar's Bone". You can enable it via the following:
- Open your Divine Divinity game folder.
- Open the \dat\ folder within that.
- Create a new file called bone.000

Next time you start a new game, there should now be a new difficulty selectable called "Lar's Bone".

stranger
stranger
HOLY SHIT

It is true !!! gow did you find out ??

i started a new game wounder what it does.

MfG
Greg

[EDIT] : OMG ! It´s so hard!. Everything is broken, endless enemies and they are stronger aswell, haven´t come far yet but I guess it could have some surprises.

Last edited by Kaban; 18/08/20 04:38 PM. Reason: Updated
stranger
stranger
Crazy! It's been what, 19 years? And it's the first time I see the secret difficulty mentioned anywhere. I've enjoyed beating the game on Lar's bone thanks to your discovery, the double number of mobs is crazy but i've noticed that a character has a very good chance(30 to 50%?) to get 2 skillpoints every level up(I've totally abused save/load to get that on every level once i've noticed it), or 3 skillpoints on every 5/0 level, that in addition to having more mobs to level off, makes you very strong. Normal mobs, even rats get pretty wild amount of healthpoints as you level up higher, but I was a mace wielding warrior with insane strength which made quick work of everything. End bosses on lar's bone were dissapointingly weak though(same strength as normal hard mode?) slightly weaker than elite death knights in the final zone(which I made an army of, as my mace wielding warrior, despite dealing 400+ dmg per hit while having over 1500 hp and dodging most of the hits, just wasn't strong enough to deal with end-game mobs without spamming potions).

Last edited by Truly; 10/02/21 04:02 PM.
atom0s Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by Kaban
HOLY SHIT

It is true !!! gow did you find out ??

i started a new game wounder what it does.

MfG
Greg

[EDIT] : OMG ! It´s so hard!. Everything is broken, endless enemies and they are stronger aswell, haven´t come far yet but I guess it could have some surprises.

Sorry, I don't check in here much at all anymore so I missed these replies. I found it via hacking/reversing the game after beating it for fun to mess with things.

Originally Posted by Truly
Crazy! It's been what, 19 years? And it's the first time I see the secret difficulty mentioned anywhere. I've enjoyed beating the game on Lar's bone thanks to your discovery, the double number of mobs is crazy but i've noticed that a character has a very good chance(30 to 50%?) to get 2 skillpoints every level up(I've totally abused save/load to get that on every level once i've noticed it), or 3 skillpoints on every 5/0 level, that in addition to having more mobs to level off, makes you very strong. Normal mobs, even rats get pretty wild amount of healthpoints as you level up higher, but I was a mace wielding warrior with insane strength which made quick work of everything. End bosses on lar's bone were dissapointingly weak though(same strength as normal hard mode?) slightly weaker than elite death knights in the final zone(which I made an army of, as my mace wielding warrior, despite dealing 400+ dmg per hit while having over 1500 hp and dodging most of the hits, just wasn't strong enough to deal with end-game mobs without spamming potions).

Haha, glad to hear it does work and does stuff rather than just being a broken mode. smile

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard