Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
stranger
Windows 10
Version: 4.1.84.2021
DirectX 11

After pickpocketing Kagha out of spite when I saw her the first time and taking her key, I discovered her chest behind the bookshelves. I attempted to open it assuming the key would work. The key wasn't "used" and therefore it remained locked and I had to lockpick the chest to get it to open.

This may need to get fixed for those people who do not play with a rogue in their party and killed Kagha and got the key.

#759957 26/02/21 02:11 PM
Alodar Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Kagha's Chest is now been given the status Lockpicking: Impossible. Even with 16 Dex, proficiency in Thieve's Tools, with lockpicks in inventory the Lockpicking option is greyed out with the impossible status.

You can't open the chest even if you pickpocket Kagha's key off of Kagha. Which should open the chest.

The only way to get the contents inside the chest is to do 50 points of damage to the chest.

I do not know if this is an intended change or a bug but if it is intended the quest that is available from the note inside the chest will be started by incredibly few players.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I had the same problem, and had Astarion stabbing that chest as if it was a mimic to trigger Kagha's quest. While the result was similar, I think that you miss on some of the flavour:

- It's a bit unrealistic that the hunky angry librarion won't hear you destroying the chest.
- I liked the touch of an obsidian stone drenched in blood, to signify Kagha's blood pact with the Shadow Druids. When you destroy the chest, the stone is lost.

Larian Alumni
Larian Alumni
Thanks for the reports! This is a known issue and we're working to address this in a future update.

veteran
veteran
Happened the same to me ans librarian noticed TWICE

veteran
veteran
It's also a bit immersion breaking, since you are quietly investigating her - destroying her chest is a bit counter productive there

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
stranger
stranger
I second this.

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Still playing through, but there's one or two things that have really leapt out of me in the "This should be fixed?" so here we are.

I pickpocketed said key off her with Asterion, but he couldn't open Kagah's locked chest with it. I tried opening it on several different characters, tried via right-mouse clicking ('Unlocked' was greyed out with or without the key in the character's inventory). This culminated in a rather amusing mental image of Lae'zel carrying it past everyone on her back, outside where everyone could smash it open without being seen. So it's not a show-stopper-bug but it seems very strange.

stranger
stranger
Same happened for me. I had already killed her and others. Then tried to open and it still showed locked.

U
enthusiast
enthusiast
U
yeah it broke on patch 4 :'(

I think before it was able to be simple lockpicked.

T
journeyman
journeyman
T
Ya it looks like you have to get the key now, but the key is bugged.

As a work around you can destroy the chest, the book and note can be hard to see after so use left alt

Yup, ran into the same issue today.

- Firm believer in Mindflayer supremacy -
enthusiast
enthusiast
Just ran into this myself.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Had this the same as everyone. The questline is still doable, even if you don't enter the grove area with Khaga. Just go kill the Wood Woads and Mehpits, pass the check to find the hollow and letter and go from there. Appreciate this is not exactly Role Play worthy at this time.

veteran
veteran
To get Khagas chest, sneak around, grab the closed chest, bring it to a place where you are alone, then bash it.
Not very elegant, but it worked.

groovy Prof. Dr. Dr. Mad S. Tist groovy

World leading expert of artificial stupidity.
Because there are too many people who work on artificial intelligence already :hihi:
C
journeyman
journeyman
C
The chest doesn't even appear for me.

Kagha won't talk about the Rite of Thorns even after getting the quest.

Last edited by Chukkensorc; 11/12/21 07:27 PM. Reason: more info

Link Copied to Clipboard