Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
enthusiast
enthusiast
Meh...changling is too Hasbro.

I'm a TSR traditionalist - doppelgangers for me.

P
addict
addict
P
Kind of always wondered would Ahri be considered a furry? If so, I am totally down.
[Linked Image from images6.fanpop.com]

Last edited by Pandemonica; 28/02/21 01:57 AM.
P
addict
addict
P
Looks like a kemonomimi-style girl, which is considered either not furry, or furry-light by a lot of people.

[Linked Image from i.kym-cdn.com]

old hand
old hand
I'm of the unpopular opinion that it is furry cause it works off of the combination of human and animal traits. But many consider it not furry, either cause they detest the idea that the thing they like is of the hated furry or they just don't think its animal enough.

Originally Posted by Niara
To answer seriously to your not serious, it would come down to tagging, at a hard rules level, and intelligence at an in-world level.

If they have the beast tag, then they have the best tag, and are appropriate. No playable races do - they're all 'humanoid'

In the world space, animal intelligence generally caps at 3 unless it's a magical beast of some sort, and sentient creatures all generally punch well above that.

Ah, that is interesting to learn. So it all depends on tagging and intelligence, makes sense. Would be disturbing and messed up if you could walk up to a random person in the world and go "You are my animal companion, now follow!" And they kinda had to.

BeeBee Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Piff
Looks like a kemonomimi-style girl, which is considered either not furry, or furry-light by a lot of people.

So Chewbacca would be a level 4, "Very Furry"?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by BeeBee

No, Chewy is sentient, so not a true furry - might get away with semi-furry though.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Anfindel

No, Chewy is sentient, so not a true furry - might get away with semi-furry though.

Furries are sentient though? So Chewey by that logic would be Furry? Furries are anthros or anthropomorphic creatures that typically resemble animals or fictional beasts. Part of anthropomorphization is the addition of human intelligence.

P
addict
addict
P
Yes, furries are typically sentient. I would say that Chewie would fall under level 3, as he wears some clothing and adornment, and has a more human shape than animal shape.

Originally Posted by Arne
Err, 2 points here:

(1) It is actually surprising that no one has yet demanded the existence of some catlike race. Similar to the Kilrathi or Mrrshan in settings like Wing Commander or Master of Orion.
(2) However, this thread seems to be about something... else. I'm sure there will be mods about this, Larian doesn't need to go there.

Oooh, I would LOVE that -- I guess that so many of the companions are like mercurial cats that nobody felt the need to have another one so far.

But yes, feline species are great.

Then I suggest you gently root for a catlike race. Just like I'm rooting for sorcerers. Because then you'll get what you want - catfolk romances - in no time wink Just stay away from less sanitary jokes, because Larian won't go there.

Err, did Tsundokugames just get banned?

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard