Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#741085 03/12/20 02:22 PM
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I just for first time didnt recruited Shadowhearth on beach, since my party was full ...

For some reason i was completely unable to sugest her to wait for me in my camp ...
But when i met her in druid groove ... its was kinda awfull, since bcs of some errors from my side she started to talk with Lae'zel ...
She asked what are we doing here, Lae'zel asked why she have Gith artefact, she answered that this is none of our business and demanded to know what are we doing here and if we are following her.
I wanted SOOOOOOOOOO desperatly to tell her that is none of HER business for change, but i needed to be polite and obedient and answer to her. frown

That feels really bad. frown

I will edit here some another dialogue options i miss here, if you notice any, feel free to add.
With reason ofcourse.

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 03/12/20 02:22 PM.

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
This is not exactly "dialogue choice" ... but i have noticed that in our first meeting with Astarion, a button to "attack" in down left corner have dissapeared ...
I must ask: Why? What improvement does this provide? :-/

Since Astarion will put a knife on our throat, if we wish to play some hot-blooded character (a Barbarian for example in the future) ... wich usualy responce with violence on violence ...
We did have option to start a fight once we were finished with that struggle with Astarion. No other question asked, no needless talking ... you tried to kill me, now i shall split your guts!
Now, we first need to kindly continue in convesration, we even dont have any option to not accept his apology, we either accept it or accept it with additional cocky comentary from Astartion ... and THEN, when all is done and we both seemingly separate with "no hard feelings bro" ... we are allowed to jump at him and smah his so called face.

I wish to ask for revert this change.

E
E
When you met Lae'zel I miss the chance to identify her as a gith and offering a truce against mindflyers, since they are natural enemies. That is, a character with the right knowledge should be able to anticipate.

When you met Gale, I miss the chance to told him that he understinamate Rashemen who can hold their own against Thay wizards and ask him if he understimate everyone like he does rashemen. Also, if you are a wizard, when he ask you if you are a cleric, told him that you just told him you are a wizard or that he change the dialog line to make sense.

With SH, I think it would be nice to tell her that you are sorry that you couldn't let her out. With AstarionnI think somepeople might miss the chance to told him that if he tries something like the knife again, (insert suitable threat).

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Question ...

Have anyone of you managed to use tadpole in conversation between Wyll and the goblin Spike?
Since, if i use tadpole to merge our minds ... i cant use it again to enpower Wylls talk to Spike ... and when i dont merge our minds, i dont get the option to enpower Wylls talk with my autority. O_o

It seem like some sort of oversight, since i cant use tadpole twice in single conversation ... but here is second conversation use hidden behind the first one.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
When you asks Priestess Gut if brand is necesary, you have no way to get branded ...
I believe some "i changed mind" option should be fine. :-/

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Time for a little topic necromancy ...

Today i decided to try some pacifist approach ...
Since it was mentioned by Swen in PFH-3, i expected them to count on it when they were wriging reactions ... sadly i was wrong. frown

Both situation, where i knocked NPC out, instead of killing them (Kagha exposed as Shadow Druid, and Marina's brothers pacified) was dissapointment ... game in both cases concidered them dead. frown

//edit:
Im not quite sure, if that was intented or if that was simply a bug ...
But when i freed Halsin and returned to Groove, Kagha was there ... yet still hostile, and all druids joined with Halsin against her ... it was the funniest combat i ever seen!
Kagha alone vs 5 Druids + Halsin himself ... and it was like: Miss > Miss > Miss > Miss > Miss > Miss > Miss > Miss > Miss > ... and in the corner, there was sleeping Bear. laugh

Anyway, i knocked her out again ... and Halsin started his monologue about "you deserve exile" ... so i dare to presume it was just a bug. frown

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 18/07/21 06:31 PM.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I just killed Shadowheart in tutorial while i played as Gith ...
I mean Cambion did, but i send her there to act as a bait ... so ...

Anyway, my point is, that when you get the artifact, you have only two options ... either stash it, or throw it away ... i understand that situation is tense in that moment (But not so tense so you dont have time to rob few dead bodies i gues. laugh ) ... but since that artefact is litteraly covered with Githyanki runes, i believe at least Gith should have option to study what is it right there. :-/

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I would just like to add another options for first meeting with Kagha (yup, Child in danger situation) ...

I would like to ask for some option to interfere if persuation Kagha fails ...
Either sarficice myself by jumping in front of child ... or attacking the snake ... or even catching it (that should be REALLY tough roll btw) ... etc.
And of course, in case we fail even there ... i would like to ask for option to use either some healing spell, or protection from poison ... maybe even require both.

Allow us to sacrifice 2 spell slots, to save "relatively innocent" life, instead of just stand there and watch it with poker face ... please. smile

Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
I would just like to add another options for first meeting with Kagha (yup, Child in danger situation) ...

I would like to ask for some option to interfere if persuation Kagha fails ...
Either sarficice myself by jumping in front of child ... or attacking the snake ... or even catching it (that should be REALLY tough roll btw) ... etc.
And of course, in case we fail even there ... i would like to ask for option to use either some healing spell, or protection from poison ... maybe even require both.

Allow us to sacrifice 2 spell slots, to save "relatively innocent" life, instead of just stand there and watch it with poker face ... please. smile
But that would dishonour the old and honored tradition of cutscene-incompetence!
Honestly though, you are correct. Instead of trying to convince her we should be able to interfere with spells - even at the rist to piss her off.

...Actually, shouldn't a druid be able to say something like "You are acting like a Shadow Druid. Calm yourself, remember your teachings and reconsider!"?
I mean, yes that would probably make her hostile, but it should be an option.. I was kinda underwelmed with the options you had as a druid.
I keep getting to urge to side against the druids every time, because they are just so unpleasent and thouroughly corrupted and I am saying that as someone who likes druids! In fact, if we get the Archfey Warlock or the Ancient Paladin, they should get some angry reactions, because shadow druids are probably not very popular with the Sylvan world...

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I dont remember Druid options there ... but you get options to talk with her about filosophy of your order, by reciting the oakfather teachings ...
I kinda liked the scene, since Kagha quite skillfully twists every sentence to suit her need. smile

I dont remember Druid options there ... but you get options to talk with her about filosophy of your order, by reciting the oakfather teachings ...
I kinda liked the scene, since Kagha quite skillfully twists every sentence to suit her need. smile

I just noticed them on my druid and not on my fake-paladin ranger, so I kinda took them for druid options, my bad.

Still, I hope they will expand on this and other dialogues. So in that way your threat is doing a good thing for nice feedback. =)

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Im glad someone thinks that smile

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I SERIOUSLY NEED some other way to deal with those stealing kids ...

I mean, sure it totally makes sence that Tieflings would defend their little thieves ... and that they would probably not listen to anyone else so much.
But to have only ONE option "i never talked to any kids" or get to jail, or even worse get whole grove hostile, DRUIDS INCLUDED!!!? :-/

That is just horrible design. :-/

Give us at least option to:
[Persuation] "Let me explain what ACTUALY happened." ...
or
[Persuation] "Ok, lets take it to your leader. (Zevlor)" ...
or
[Intimidation] "Have it your way ... take that kid, and lets go talk to Druid leader. (Kagha)"
or
[Intimidation] "I just Saved your asses from goblins ... do you really want to try this?"
or
[Persuation] "I just Saved your asses from goblins ... is this false acusation how you repay me?"
or
[Sleight of Hand] "Wery well, i submit ... feel free to search me for whatever they claim i stole from them."
or
[Investigation] "This isnt first case of robery around here is it? ... Are those kids allways included?"
or
[Insight] "So if those kids claim that i stole anything from them ... they should have no problem telling what that was and how did they get it in the first place."

Or i dunno. laugh
That is probably all i was able to create ... just give us some options please. :-/

S
S
I SERIOUSLY NEED some other way to deal with those stealing kids ...

I mean, sure it totally makes sence that Tieflings would defend their little thieves ... and that they would probably not listen to anyone else so much.
But to have only ONE option "i never talked to any kids" or get to jail, or even worse get whole grove hostile, DRUIDS INCLUDED!!!? :-/

That is just horrible design. :-/

This happened to me at the camp celebration! Everyone I talked to was celebrating, singing my praises, and then the guard accused me of harassing the kids and suddenly everyone turned on me and it became a big brawl at the camp. What's even stranger is that after the battle, Astarion turned on me for some reason. I knocked him out and then he was nice to me again lol.

veteran
veteran
I wrote about it at length before. The game is very limited when it comes to real accountability. Both because Larian are just not as good writers as other studios, but also because of the freedom this game offers. There are ton of unaccounted choices that are either not acknowledged or very poorly done

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Another missing dialogue ...
When you get to the Waukeen's Rest ... as a DROW (or even Half-Drow in that matter) ...

I would certainly wish Flaming First to yell "ANOTHER ONE!!!" and alarmed the others ... then to have some [Persuation] to tell them that i was not part of the raid and i have nothing to do with that.
(And yes, i would like to be attacked by them if i loose that diceroll.)

And yes, i would like also to have this option for Half-Drow since i believe that regular Flaming Fist soldier would never be able to tell the difference ... especialy in such case ...
It would be appreciated tho, if Half-Drow would have easier [Persuation] roll claiming something like "Look at me properly, im not even pureblood Drow!"

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 30/09/21 08:40 PM.

D
D
regular Flaming Fist soldier would never be able to tell the difference

This game does not convey that at all of course, but AFAIK in D&D/FR, people are supposed to be able relatively easily tell elves and half-elves apart - or drow/half-drow for that matter. 100% when said half-elf/drow has facial hair (which elves can't grow). Can any D&D lore nerd confirm? smile

The problem with elves in this game is that... well, just read the 'elves are not elven' thread.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Yes im aware ...
I dare to presume its bcs they do not have "so Elvish facial features", lack of wich is mentioned in the thread you are talking about. smile

But i was thinking about the scenery ...
Imagine: Your friend lies down in his own blood, killed by Drow in recent raid, that massacred him and (didnt count bodies) many others ...
And sudently elf with dark skin appears before you.

Quesiton here is ... would you reach for your weapon, or observe details of his face? laugh
I mean, it should be visible easily for "second look" ... that is why i mentioned that should be easier roll. smile

D
D
Well, I'm not sure I agree with your specific example, but there certainly is a distinctive lack of (any?) half-drow specific dialogue options.

Actually, is there any instance of dialogue specific to a concrete SUBrace? Drow are considered a separate race in this game (as opposed to 5e PHB), but when I played a half-drow, all I've seen were just generic half-elf dialogue options.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Well ... i didnt notice any [Half-Drow] option to pick so far ...
But at least Minthara certainly recognized that your blood is not pure.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard