Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
U
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
U
Is this by design or was there false advertising? I thought part of the charm of the badger was the idea that it could burrow under gates and doors or did I misunderstand this?

addict
addict
It does seem kind of counter-intuitive. Once the badger is underground they can't see where they're going anymore. Surely they use some other sense to navigate down there.

Right now the game treats it like a teleport for some reason.

P
addict
addict
P
Originally Posted by SaurianDruid
It does seem kind of counter-intuitive. Once the badger is underground they can't see where they're going anymore. Surely they use some other sense to navigate down there.

Probably because mechanically that is all it is. They just made it look like burrowing with the animation. Just like the jump animation is actually a throw mechanic.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by SaurianDruid

Did you see the playthrough? That's by design. As others have said, it's pretty immersion breaking. Tunneling through granite, across a pit to emerge on the other side . . .

I'm not the CEO's psychoanalyst but my guess is that he enjoys taking an ironist's position. "Not taking the game seriously" seems subversive to him and therefore fun. "This shouldn't work but it does -- haha!"

U
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
U
I kind of don't see the use of it if you can only burrow behind enemies. You might as well just use the bear shape instead.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard