Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Inevitably, you will get results before I ever get the patch installed and operational... so please, update us with the results. If it is game ending then it means that I will forever have carefully avoid that area of the map and the waypoint associated with it just to avoid having to deal with Gale... which is too bad, because I have found that I rather enjoy looting his corpse for the free scroll of true resurrection.

O
OcO Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
O
I'm not going to be able to start patching till tonight, so someone will likely kill him and get a few days into the game before me...but even if someone else gets a decent yes or no on this, I'm killing Gale this next run just because.

I like your enthusiasm. It's a pity, really... Gale is one of the few NPC companions whose personality and dialogue is generally enjoyable. I just cannot, under any circumstances, have him in my playthrough though... His backstory is just too immersion breaking for me. So, for that, Gale must die.

old hand
old hand
Gale is dead but I don't know how to get rid of him. Am I stuck with his face in my party now, like a beating heart under the floorboards?

Optimistically Apocalyptic
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Dexai
Gale is dead but I don't know how to get rid of him. Am I stuck with his face in my party now, like a beating heart under the floorboards?

Some things, like a bad case of foot fungus are hard to get rid of. Gale is even tougher than that.

You'd think with all the barrelmancy in the game, you'd find a nice vat of acid to drop him in, wouldn't you?

X
journeyman
journeyman
X
Originally Posted by Dexai

In order to permanently end a companion you have to make them hostile to you first. Killing them in camp, when they're not in your party, or killing them immediately after telling them to go back to camp are the easiest ways to do this.

old hand
old hand
Well dammit... I guess I'm reloading then xD

Optimistically Apocalyptic
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard