Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
P
addict
addict
P
Originally Posted by etonbears
Perhaps in reaction to the significant number of "I've told them what they're doing wrong and they aren't listening" posts? Some ideas seem to be discussed in a neutral manner, but others seem to devolve into self-interest groups trying to shout louder than the others.

At least most people remain polite, most of the time.

Glad you responded to those comments. I was going to, but honestly your reply was much more to the point (and probably not near as snarky). There is a difference between giving feedback, and just doing everything in your power to post the most negative crap you can because you have decided you dislike the game. There is a difference between constructive critique, and bashing. Just because some of us posters don't jump on the "the sky is falling, and its Larians fault" bandwagon, does not mean we are positive in all our posts, or fanboys or any other crap. I am just a player, that is trying out EA and reporting small issues on the forum, my largest responsibility is sending in bug reports on crashes etc. I post what I think will make the game better, but I don't expect Larian to pat me on the back, and integrate what I THINK the game should be. Anyways, great post etonbears.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Dexai
I'm certain that the general sentiment from here, steam, reddit etc are monitored, and considered, but that does not mean that action will follow,
Which is why communication is so important. Part of the idea of Early Access is more communication with the developer. This includes both maybes, we don't want to say yets, yesses, and nos. Not getting any response at all, however, is falling short of the expectations.

Full agreed. With both statements.

These forums alone have ~100,000 posts, so Larian are hardly going to be able to address forum posters directly, even assuming they wanted to.

Certainly. Though I don't think too many people are asking for that extreme communication.

The largest topic ( support for RTwP ) is only about 2% of posts, so no single topic has enough interest to claim it is a majority concern.

I'm a bit confused with this. Is that a way to dismiss even the most popular requests, as being not that popular ? If so, it is incorrect.

Let's assume there are 100 topics discussed on the forum. Not threads, topics, so all posts on the same topic get counted for their topic. If all the topics were equally popular, there would be about 1% of posts for each topic. If one of these topic is extremely popular, it might get 3%, 5% or 10% of the discussion volume. It we were to label one as a, or the, majority concern, we should look at the ones with a, or the, relative majority, not an absolute majority.

Also, if we were to label a topic a majority concern, we should ensure that the posts on this topic mostly agree. To me, "party controls are cumbersome" is a topic that has both huge volume and broad agreement. (Naturally, I'm not saying Larian should follow precisely the suggestions on a topic just because a large number of players give the same suggestions. As I've said elsewhere, I believe they should evaluate what players experience and what they don't like. )

Larian are communicating, [...] they are not saying what you want them to.

[...]

Each time they put out an update, Larian produce a description, a video, or a livestream ( with optional cows ) that tells you what they are thinking, and what they have been working on. If those communications don't give any definite information - "yes" or "no" - concerning an issue important to you, then that issue falls under "we don't want to say yet".

First, Larian's communication on a patch is mostly a list of what they have been working on, and thus gets added or fixed. I find very little of what they're thinking in it.

Second, yes, what Larian is saying or not saying is precisely the point of dissatisfaction. Larian is providing a non-zero level of communication. Hence why I'm asking for more and better communication. Currently, Larian is "we don't want to say"-ing everything.

Even if they don't want to announce something which they're not sure they could address (e.g. saying "we're looking at ways we could improve party controls, we'll see what can be done with our technology"), they could at least explain what they are thinking on things they don't see themselves changing (say, High-Ground Advantage, the hotbar mixing items and class abilities, the world not being turn-based during a fight ...). As I've argued elsewhere, it would be useful for feedback collection, by reducing the "noise".

ps : I just read this. So the patch notes also don't include all the improvements made. Again, it is communication, not necessarily the best-quality one.

Last edited by Drath Malorn; 01/03/21 07:12 AM. Reason: added p.s.
old hand
old hand
I'm certain that the general sentiment from here, steam, reddit etc are monitored, and considered, but that does not mean that action will follow,

Which is why communication is so important. Part of the idea of Early Access is more communication with the developer. This includes both maybes, we don't want to say yets, yesses, and nos. Not getting any response at all, however, is falling short of the expectations.

Larian are communicating, you are just not listening, because they are not saying what you want them to.

These forums alone have ~100,000 posts, so Larian are hardly going to be able to address forum posters directly, even assuming they wanted to. The largest topic ( support for RTwP ) is only about 2% of posts, so no single topic has enough interest to claim it is a majority concern.

Each time they put out an update, Larian produce a description, a video, or a livestream ( with optional cows ) that tells you what they are thinking, and what they have been working on. If those communications don't give any definite information - "yes" or "no" - concerning an issue important to you, then that issue falls under "we don't want to say yet".

Avoiding communication is not communication.

Well yeah. We are on this forum because unlike the others, we do care.

Really? You think that the <1% of EA players that post their opinions to various forums "care", but the >99% of players that shelled out the same full price for an EA game "don't care"? Perhaps the majority simply took Larian at their word and are giving their feedback through playing the game? Maybe some people that bought the game actually like it?
[/quote]

And out comes the strawmen. Do understand that the reason I and others like me are on this forum is because we like the game and want to make it better.

Optimistically Apocalyptic
Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
This thread is descending into abrasive posts directed at other posters rather than addressing any points being raised.

I will reiterate the abbreviated forum guidelines here; don't be a ****. If you find that you cannot leave a post without becoming insulting or aggressive, then do not post. Walk away. Discussions about a PC game are not contests.

P
apprentice
apprentice
P
Just saw this post. Some great memories. I miss the old bioware and black isle days. Sad to see them go.

Also after seeing this i just realized how pointless my last post was for reaching out to devs to address some game issues and how to fix some of them.

Sad face

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Sadurian
Discussions are not contests.

fixed it for you wink

We appreciate all you guys do for this board btw, it's an impossible task, but you guys are awesome smile

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard