Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
addict
addict
I'll playtest with it this weekend and send a bug report. I don't think Larian intended to have Fog Cloud to prevent initiative.

JoB Offline
Banned
Banned
Originally Posted by Elessaria666
I *think* they fixed both but only announced the Colossus change, but I retired my Ranger playthrough to start a new Rogue one so I'm not 100% certain. I just recall looking in a log and thinking I had finally gotten Colossus, Hunter's and Duelling to all trigger for once. I think now they are all working as intended, but each can only be triggered on your Action attack once per round.
I just looked at mine and they're not stacking. I got the damage for dueling and hunter's mark, but not for colossus.

Very frustrating. Now I have to back up and choose beast master instead of hunter. Lot of time lost.

Z
journeyman
journeyman
Z
Originally Posted by DragonSnooz
I'll playtest with it this weekend and send a bug report. I don't think Larian intended to have Fog Cloud to prevent initiative.

I don't think that was the intention either, but the way it works is that when an enemy is hit with an attack they make a contested check against your stealth, if you are successful combat is not initiated. Because of fog cloud, they auto fail due to you being in a heavily obscured area which means combat can not initiate until you leave the cloud or end the spell.

The only fix to this is to make every hit no matter what trigger initiative, but with the way the game is built, I doubt they will put that into practice.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Zaxtaj
Originally Posted by DragonSnooz

I don't think that was the intention either, but the way it works is that when an enemy is hit with an attack they make a contested check against your stealth, if you are successful combat is not initiated. Because of fog cloud, they auto fail due to you being in a heavily obscured area which means combat can not initiate until you leave the cloud or end the spell.

The only fix to this is to make every hit no matter what trigger initiative, but with the way the game is built, I doubt they will put that into practice.
Enemies should still know they've been stabbed. xD

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard