Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
F
Just a tip to beware of your own flaming sphere if it is still active after combat ends. As it functions like a familiar, it will automatically roll up to your group when combat ends as your party regroups and may torch a few members of the party in the process if they happen to end up standing near it or get in the way as it beelines for the person who cast it. It doesn't discriminate between friend and foe and will set anyone on fire who gets too close.

L
addict
addict
L
Man this keeps getting better and better! Why they didn’t just make flaming sphere work like is should (more like Moonbeam) is beyond me.

F
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
F
Probably has something to do with the sphere rolling from place to place. Moonbeam can be moved by functionally recasting it. The sphere rolls around. Not sure they have a mechanical way in the game to have it function as anything other than a familiar type summon and be able to move as it should. I suppose having it auto-despawn when combat ends would be a possible solution to this issue. Or as folks keep asking for, give us a way to manually break concentration on spells when we want to. Or both.

G
addict
addict
G
Originally Posted by LukasPrism
Man this keeps getting better and better! Why they didn’t just make flaming sphere work like is should (more like Moonbeam) is beyond me.

This is more Larian's engine not being suited to a lot of things and them trying to fit a square into a circle. Poor design and poor implementation.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by fizzwick
Probably has something to do with the sphere rolling from place to place. Moonbeam can be moved by functionally recasting it. The sphere rolls around. Not sure they have a mechanical way in the game to have it function as anything other than a familiar type summon and be able to move as it should. I suppose having it auto-despawn when combat ends would be a possible solution to this issue. Or as folks keep asking for, give us a way to manually break concentration on spells when we want to. Or both.
It shouldn't automatically roll up to the team, and hopefully we'll get the option to manually break concentration.

veteran
veteran
Agreed. We need to be able to dismiss / break concentration. On a related matter combat should end in turn based mode -- the mini game of trying to reach dying characters before they lose their last savings throw just isn't much fun.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by fizzwick
Just a tip to beware of your own flaming sphere if it is still active after combat ends. As it functions like a familiar, it will automatically roll up to your group when combat ends as your party regroups and may torch a few members of the party in the process if they happen to end up standing near it or get in the way as it beelines for the person who cast it. It doesn't discriminate between friend and foe and will set anyone on fire who gets too close.

Well now I've heard about friendly fire but this here would suck if it's your party. Thankfully I re-rolled my Rager knight as I wanted to see if they fixed some of the feats and weapons for which she had. But just played the game 1 day due to work and I've only gotten to level 3 currently.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Moonbeam doesn't work right either since you can't use it in beast form. That's probably why they made flaming sphere this way, but obviously it's not good.

Link Copied to Clipboard