Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#761396 01/03/21 06:00 PM
OP Offline
So, started playing the druid and am stocked for this. Loved playing them in PnP, so excited to have this opportunity. Some suggestions (I'm only lvl2, so there will probably be others later).

Show a cool down for shillelagh. I know the weapon glows, but sometimes, the glow is a bit obscured, so having an icon like what we have for concentration spells would be very helpful.

This is a general request, but stemmed from starting the druid. Allow the player to choose their starting equipment. (use the PHB as a guide) The reason for this, is whenever I play a druid in PnP, I choose the leather armor, club and shield. Shillelagh is a powerful spell at 1st level, but having a 13 AC and using a quarterstaff really isn't affective. Thorn whip also isn't affective at 1st lvl since you need to keep from getting squished. Not everyone would agree, hence the ability to select options for starting equipment at the beginning. This would also allow fighters to start with a shield or no shield based upon how they like to play.

Also, from and RP perspective, allow the druid to follow either a god (Silvanus or the like), or follow the Old Path. Viewing nature in it's entirety, and the Balance, and not assigning any particular god to their faith. I tend to play Circle of the Land druids, so I like the spell casting and support aspect.

addict
addict
Also while we're at it make the magic quarterstaffs versatile weapons. There's a couple really cool druid flavored magic staffs in the game but giving up 2AC for it is a pretty steep price.

OP Offline
This was always an iffy thing for me. The staff is over 5 ft long, which makes wielding it in 1 hand problematic in reality. I understand that even PnP allow it, but I always found it to be a bit over-reaching. If you're going to do that, just make a club version, or have the staff shrink into a club at the wielder's command.

L
addict
addict
L
Originally Posted by Vortex138
This was always an iffy thing for me. The staff is over 5 ft long, which makes wielding it in 1 hand problematic in reality. I understand that even PnP allow it, but I always found it to be a bit over-reaching. If you're going to do that, just make a club version, or have the staff shrink into a club at the wielder's command.

Check out Gandalf in LOTR and the Hobbit, wielding a longsword and staff at the same time. I know it’s not practical but it looks cool as hell, and D&D is supposed to be about these kinds of heroics.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Vortex138

You can still jab people just as if you were using a spear and it'll hurt a decent amount. If it is a realism concern just have the damage drop from a 1D6 two-handed to a 1D4 one-handed the same way longswords work.

This wouldn't bother me at all because my druid uses Shillelagh and the damage from it is magical in nature. As long as the spell does the same damage it works fine for me. I just want to be able to use my cool magic staffs without dropping my AC.

Otherwise have the druids give you a magic club or something. I dunno.

Link Copied to Clipboard