Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Nicottia
Selling too much of all the garbage loot we get to only one trader (in my case it was Aaron cause he gave my druid good discounts) will irreparably corrupt all future save files, basically you will keep on crashing trying to reload. Happened to me when I wanted to fight the gith, which made me think githanki were buggy again, but then I tried loading other saves before even approaching them, but after unloading all my loot on Aaron, all of them were crashing while loading. I really don't know how devs can solve it, other than all the loot we sold resetting on the same intervals normal traders restock their goods.

Elfira's song's subtitles are visible anywhere, even from the other side of the map. All others aren't.
So have you found the culprit? What's the amount we can sale before it corrupts the save?

OP Offline
I wonder if it's a bug, but when recruiting Shadowheart on the beach, XP doesn't get at par. My main PC levelled before her. When recruiting other companions, it's all ok, XP's are at par.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud. After a bit, you realize the pig enjoys it.
V
stranger
stranger
V
New bug I found: the druid's "protect from poison" spell doesn't seem to work. I cast it on my PC and on another party member (Shadowheart), then went into the locked library room in the Druid grove (unlocked it by wearing Nettie's circlet) and both my PC and Shadowheart became poisoned from "poisonous fumes" despite being protected by the spell.

L
stranger
stranger
L
I'm having two things which I'm sure sure if they're bugs or not but I believe are based on what I know. First - when I go to the blighted village to the section with the goblins and the deep gnome on the windmill, if I have Wyll in my party I can't get the dialogue to trigger. Instead, everyone instantly rolls for initiative and the fight starts. This only happens when Wyll is in the party, I tested it without him and it works fine.

Second - after speaking with Auntie Ethel and the brothers on the road, if I choose the option that goes like "I've got my own problems I can't help you" their bodies don't spawn. I don't know if this one is an intention thing or not, but they spawn when I offer to help, just not when I choose the option declining to help. Anyone else have either of these things happen?

X
journeyman
journeyman
X
If you try to send a small companion onto the bridge in Mountain Pass(before the cutscenes is triggered and it gets destroyed by the dragon), it falls through the world. If you try to switch characters, it'll show their camera, but they can't be controlled. Saved games can't be loaded. At this point, the task manager can still be accessed to quit the process. Using the Quit Game button causes the game to get stuck overlaying all windows. Alt+Tab can cycle through open applications, but none, including Task Manager, can be accessed. The PC can be restarted through the Windows menu.

Didn't read through all the thread so sorry if I repeat some things, but issues I have been having have been dialogue not progressing and having to hit spacebar to continue. In the Auntie Ethel tea house had numerous bugs with dialogue. For one I was unable to inform the girl that her brothers were killed and didn't note that I spoke with them or had the letter. Not sure if that is because I was a drow, but the particular weird thing is that in the dialogue choices I was given the human response answer. After the battle when Auntie Ethel tries to talk you out of killing her it glitches after you slay her and starts up you talking with one of the random mask people to a random party member at the same time. Causes you to have two dialogues active at the same time and the other to glitch to where you have to use the spacebar to continue with Myerina.

To note Auntie Ethel is just the example of the dialogue needing to use Spacebar to either start or unglitch the npc to start talking. Some other npcs have had this issue as well.

Originally Posted by Starlights
I wonder if it's a bug, but when recruiting Shadowheart on the beach, XP doesn't get at par. My main PC levelled before her. When recruiting other companions, it's all ok, XP's are at par.

You are not the only one. She didn't level when I fought the intellect devourers either. She now levels with my party now, but she was a few xp shy of the party.

There are also some cutscene that have funny issues where npcs are standing in the air above my character. Guess more npcs are investing into Walking on Air or Levitate. wink

Anyways, that's all I have experienced glitch/bug wise at the moment.

Last edited by Ghost King; 01/03/21 07:12 AM.
N
stranger
stranger
N
I'm having the same issue as a half-drow. I encountered their bodies, took the letter and both my PC and Shadowheart commented on their deaths. But when I get to the conversation with Ethel and Mayrina, the option to inform her about what happened to her brothers just isn't there. Instead of "That's Mayrina? I have bad news for her", there's only "That's Mayrina? Where are her brothers?". Never had this problem before. I also get a [Human] tagged dialogue option with Ethel in that conversation for some strange reason when, yeah, I'm a half-drow.

Another bug is during the first conversation with Ethel and the brothers, if you wish them good luck instead of saying that you'll help them look for Mayrina, their bodies simply never spawn? But if you pick the first option, they do. Never experienced any of these bugs in this questline before, so I'm guessing it's stuff caused by the new patch.

Larian Alumni
Larian Alumni
Thanks for all these reports! Keep them coming.

Some notes:
-The issue with the Windmill combat is being worked on and should be fixed in a future update.
-Duplicate talkative skeleton is a known issue.
-Dialogue not advancing for Book of Dead Gods can be fixed by pressing space bar or 1.
-Kagha's chest not being lock-pickable or openable with the key is a known issue.

journeyman
journeyman
All the characters show Deity: Shar when leveling if I level them after Shadowheart. Could almost make sense for Wyll as he's a warlock, but I'm pretty sure Gale still has a thing for Mystra...

L
stranger
stranger
L
I did have an issue today where briefly, Shadowheart's face and a couple other textures were black/dark brown. Restarting the game thankfully fixed this, and it only happened once so far. Another issue that's happened twice is during combat, sometimes peoples voice lines for spells aren't in their voices? Shadowheart for a whole section of combat was saying spell lines but it definitely wasn't her voice actress, not sure what happened there.

veteran
veteran
Here are a few bugs:
  • When changing into a small animal such as a cat, my pc became encumbered and couldn't move (was not encumbered in elf form).
  • My pc was in bear form during the fight to rescue Halsin. After the fight was over, instead of changing automatically back into an elf for the conversation with Halsin, my pc stayed in bear form, and Halsin automatically talked with Gale instead.
  • I left the companions outside when rescuing people from the burning building. However, after the lady was rescued, she ran outside and started a conversation with Gale instead of my pc.

Last edited by Icelyn; 02/03/21 02:54 AM.
N
stranger
stranger
N
Originally Posted by KillerRabbit
Strange bug that I can't figure out the trigger for -- at some point the companions have blank inventories. The items come back at random times and go away again.

I've noticed this too. For me it was Gale, specifically, whose inventory ceased to exist apparently randomly. So far my best hypothesis is that it is a failure related to what's supposed to be a functionality where you can't access your companions' inventories if they don't like you very much, or something? I also noticed that Astarion's inventory was greyed out (differently from the blank version that is probably unintended, but suspiciously similar) for the first short while after I recruited him and it occurred to me to wonder whether the two might be related.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Feud Raultha
Originally Posted by Nicottia
Selling too much of all the garbage loot we get to only one trader (in my case it was Aaron cause he gave my druid good discounts) will irreparably corrupt all future save files, basically you will keep on crashing trying to reload. Happened to me when I wanted to fight the gith, which made me think githanki were buggy again, but then I tried loading other saves before even approaching them, but after unloading all my loot on Aaron, all of them were crashing while loading. I really don't know how devs can solve it, other than all the loot we sold resetting on the same intervals normal traders restock their goods.

Elfira's song's subtitles are visible anywhere, even from the other side of the map. All others aren't.
So have you found the culprit? What's the amount we can sale before it corrupts the save?

I don't think it's necessarily one vendor. My last few saves inside the ruined temple were corrupted. My last good save was right before I went and robbed the Zhent trader in the temple and then promptly sold all those weapons to her. I sold much more than that to Aaron previously, but the save I did right after that won't load.

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
GAME CRASHES

The game now seems to produce corrupted saves, triggered by some unknwn condition (one other person reported it started after they entered the Underdark - I did that too, briefly). Then all seemed fine...until I infiltrated temple of the absolute (from the collapsed passage above). I completed some combats/quests there and saved, then noted that the save games caused a crash on load. It seems to be some bad state written out - I can load earlier saves and they always load. I have not tried leaving the temple to see if the save corruption is somehow linked to the temple it self.

I have not experienced this problem with earlier patches - the game was always stable for me. Files verified and Nvidia drivers up to date. Tried both Vulkana DX11.

Last edited by booboo; 02/03/21 03:45 PM.
Z
journeyman
journeyman
Z
Originally Posted by Ghost King
Didn't read through all the thread so sorry if I repeat some things, but issues I have been having have been dialogue not progressing and having to hit spacebar to continue. In the Auntie Ethel tea house had numerous bugs with dialogue. For one I was unable to inform the girl that her brothers were killed and didn't note that I spoke with them or had the letter. Not sure if that is because I was a drow, but the particular weird thing is that in the dialogue choices I was given the human response answer. After the battle when Auntie Ethel tries to talk you out of killing her it glitches after you slay her and starts up you talking with one of the random mask people to a random party member at the same time. Causes you to have two dialogues active at the same time and the other to glitch to where you have to use the spacebar to continue with Myerina.

To note Auntie Ethel is just the example of the dialogue needing to use Spacebar to either start or unglitch the npc to start talking. Some other npcs have had this issue as well.

Originally Posted by Starlights

You are not the only one. She didn't level when I fought the intellect devourers either. She now levels with my party now, but she was a few xp shy of the party.

There are also some cutscene that have funny issues where npcs are standing in the air above my character. Guess more npcs are investing into Walking on Air or Levitate. wink

Anyways, that's all I have experienced glitch/bug wise at the moment.

I am also having issues with Auntie Ethel and I'm playing a Tiefling Ranger so I don't think it is related to choice in race. Your character just seems to forget that you just saw the dead brothers and the dialogue option just doesn't show up. I've also encountered the dialogue glitch. I was also given the Human response answer.

V
apprentice
apprentice
V
Don't know if this is a bug though looks like one...our 'dream lover' got some red lipstick but at character creation there is no such thing. I've created copy of my fem.dwarf druid but with darkpurple skin,hair,eyes, looks great but this lipstick..daamn..just ruins it all.

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
I got a critical miss with gale's ice-bolt cantrip, and a gnoll... slipped and fell on it's backside in the ice field created? I thought surfaces appeared with a critical hit

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Originally Posted by Icelyn
When changing into a small animal such as a cat, my pc became encumbered and couldn't move (was not encumbered in elf form).
I'm not sure that's actually a bug. It's specifically stated when you wildshape you get the animal's dex, con... and strength. So my 10 STR druid of the moon's carrying capacity tends to yoyo, depending on what form they take.

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
The description of wildshape (in 5E SRD) just says equipment either merges with you (and becomes inert), drops to the ground (or if it makes sense) can be worn (rings etc I guess)? So taking the description literally, somehow all that heavy equipment (unless you wear it) ceases to be a concern from a weight point of view...doesn't make sense, but that's the nature of magic. I think if you can wear something (so that it gives a bonus/functions as normal) that should weigh its regular amount and your transformed shape should meet the STR/carry/other requirements - but implementing that sounds complicated (many equipment types and potential shapes). I also noticed my shape was encumbered when I turned into a bird. I would prefer that you can't benefit from any items, but that they just merge with you and their weight is not a concern....that would be the easiest interpretation.

Last edited by booboo; 02/03/21 06:02 PM.
Originally Posted by Zaxtaj
I am also having issues with Auntie Ethel and I'm playing a Tiefling Ranger so I don't think it is related to choice in race. Your character just seems to forget that you just saw the dead brothers and the dialogue option just doesn't show up. I've also encountered the dialogue glitch. I was also given the Human response answer.

Originally Posted by NamelessDragon
I'm having the same issue as a half-drow. I encountered their bodies, took the letter and both my PC and Shadowheart commented on their deaths. But when I get to the conversation with Ethel and Mayrina, the option to inform her about what happened to her brothers just isn't there. Instead of "That's Mayrina? I have bad news for her", there's only "That's Mayrina? Where are her brothers?". Never had this problem before. I also get a [Human] tagged dialogue option with Ethel in that conversation for some strange reason when, yeah, I'm a half-drow.

Another bug is during the first conversation with Ethel and the brothers, if you wish them good luck instead of saying that you'll help them look for Mayrina, their bodies simply never spawn? But if you pick the first option, they do. Never experienced any of these bugs in this questline before, so I'm guessing it's stuff caused by the new patch.

Glad I am not the only one that was having this issue. It's good to get the data out there so they know of the issue. Also thanks Jess Larian for letting us know about those details and appreciating our feedback. smile

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard