Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Mod edit: previous thread title; 'Armor customization'.

It would be great if we could get initial armor customization, even if it’s just colors due to the time that it might take to implement different varying armor sets for each class.

Last edited by Sadurian; 03/03/21 03:37 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
I would also like to see something like this not just for armor but weapons too

Cthulhu: FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS I LAY DORMANT, WHO HAS DISTURBED MY- Oh its you...
Warlock: Greetings my lord-
Cthulhu: LET ME SLEEP-
old hand
old hand
I would love for there to be an NPC that can cast illusions to transmogrify our weapons and armor to other styles we have, like in Diablo 3.

veteran
veteran
Agree! I hope they add this.

enthusiast
enthusiast
+1 from me. I really enjoy style swapping and dyeing. I wish it would become a standard.

old hand
old hand
There should be multiple armour styles (racial and class) that anyone can wear. We can already craft and collect herbs, let us make dyes as well.

S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by Aishaddai
+1 from me. I really enjoy style swapping and dyeing. I wish it would become a standard.

I doubt there's a developer out there who wouldn't want to provide more options for how your character looks. But it usually is tied to costs and the budget.

I'd love to see a whole range of clothing and armor options but not at the expense of fixing the actual gameplay (which IMO is a big mess right now). But if they can without compromising the actual gameplay, please add as much as you can. I too would love to see more customization.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by spectralhunter
Originally Posted by Aishaddai

I doubt there's a developer out there who wouldn't want to provide more options for how your character looks. But it usually is tied to costs and the budget.

I'd love to see a whole range of clothing and armor options but not at the expense of fixing the actual gameplay (which IMO is a big mess right now). But if they can without compromising the actual gameplay, please add as much as you can. I too would love to see more customization.

True, something like this would be a late stage development thing as it is not priority for the experience, but it might be a consideration near the end when most of the egregious problems have been fixed and the remaining ones are getting fixed.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Zarna
There should be multiple armour styles (racial and class) that anyone can wear. We can already craft and collect herbs, let us make dyes as well.
Actualy there allready is ... kinda. :-/
Some NPC have alterned collors for armour, but when you put it on ... its once aggain the same generic armor you allready had.
It can be seen with few mage "robes" ... and with Githyanki armor, Beretha have Silver/Red colloring, but when you put it on its Silver/Black for some reason. :-/

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
old hand
old hand
I would like something more than that. For whatever race you are, that style should automatically unlock, then where you travel and who you meet will unlock other styles (possible examples - meeting Lae'zel unlocks Githyanki and going to the Underdark unlocks Drow.) Not sure how to work class styles, but perhaps something similar. Prefer this to having to find recipes during exploration but that could be a possibility as well. Crafting should be simple since many people don't like it, perhaps just a base material (cloth, leather or metal) and an item (different depending on the style) and dye would be just something added to it. We should be able to wear an npc's special armour without the colour changing if we want though.

veteran
veteran
Well ... as long as it will be conditioned by time and gold spend by alterning the armor, i gues it would be fine. :-/

But i certainly HATE in games when armor changes automaticly by re-equiping it by other party member. :-/

veteran
veteran
First i kinda liked starting sets ... but now, when Druid was added it seem a little sad for other classes. :-/

Especialy Rogue, that have just regular leather armor ...
Ranger that have a little collored regular leather armor ...
And of course Wizard, that have regular ... i dont even know if that can be called robe, more like coat? laugh

Have anyone catched any note that those amors are just placeholders? :-/

addict
addict
I posted this in another thread, but I hope we get variants for starting armor that we can choose in character creation.

For example, the standard issue wizard robe gets old after seeing it enough times.

veteran
veteran
Choosable starting equipment (both armor and weapons) i allready supported few times in another threats ...
As long as its purely question of style, not stats. :-/
Right now i just ask about that potential placeholder ... hoping that would be mentioned somewhere and i just missed it. laugh

Agreed about that robe ... for myself is thrice. laugh

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 02/03/21 07:59 PM.

old hand
old hand
Maybe there could be an optional rule implemented of starting gold and we get to choose what equipment to start with?

I'd like more armor options in the first few hours of the game, even if they're just small cosmetic differences with no extra stats. I get tired of seeing the same leather armor on my Rogue MC in all these cutscenes.

I wouldn't want it as part of character creation though, because that would remove the fun of finding it as a drop after battle or in a treasure chest.

Last edited by Frumpkis; 02/03/21 08:46 PM.
I'd like a clothing item to be easily looted from a corpse on the Nautiloid. So if you're playing a class that can go armourless but starts with armour, you've got that option.

There is a scroll of mage armour in the first chamber, but I'd rather not parade my PC around in her undies. Astarion is in one of those pods watching you "strutting about". Awkward.

P
addict
addict
P
Originally Posted by CJMPinger
Maybe there could be an optional rule implemented of starting gold and we get to choose what equipment to start with?

I don't think we really need starting gold. I mean you can make it pretty fast to purchase any varied gear. I mean on my last play through I had a warrior, and had enough gold to buy him twin green axes on my first visit to the cove. But I do agree, it would be nice to have varied armor. I am hoping it is just because this is EA.

P
addict
addict
P
It'd be nice to be able to actually pick gear, like in pnp, especially for classes that have a lot of gear variation depending on how they get built, such as fighter or cleric. Especially for dex based fighter or cleric builds. Its not hard to gather a set of gear in the opening area that suits you better, but it would be nice to be able to just have it from the get go.

Banned
Banned
Originally Posted by DragonSnooz
I posted this in another thread, but I hope we get variants for starting armor that we can choose in character creation.

For example, the standard issue wizard robe gets old after seeing it enough times.

Everyone steeling Lae's armor, i steal Gale's cause i'm sick of the light blue.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard