Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
veteran
veteran
Sorcerer, if I am being traditionalist

First I'd like the Great Old One Warlock to be finished or revised, since what we have now feels more like a cookie-cutter default warlock. The Fiend pact Warlock has extra dialogue in the game too and might have extra options in Astarions and Wylls personal quests, so the half-finished feel of the GOOlock stands out all the more.

After that, Barbarian. And Half-orc. Also Gnome.

Then Sorcerer.

Hmm, probaby Paladin, Barbarian, Monk, and Sorcerer. These classes I rarely got to play back in my DnD days. I love wizard, but sorcerer always appealed to me. I am curious how they will roll with Bard though and understand why it is something they are taking their time on since it is the class that is literally the jack of all trades.

As far as races I'd like to see. Half-orc (although full Orc would be a nice touch, but half-orc will do), I know Gnome is coming so not too worried about not seeing them, but one of my favorites. Sorry halfling lovers, but gnomes do it better. wink Also would like to see the Planetouched (Aasimar, Genasi) and Githzerai added. Would be interesting to see how Laezal interacts with a Githzerai Monk since they have a shared foe, but fight in totally different manners and view points. Not that you asked for that opinion on that, but just something I'd like to see.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by fylimar
Bard

Bard Bard!

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
As many other I can not wait for Bard and Sorcerer.

veteran
veteran
I guess it's no surprise that no one has mentioned my favorite class. I'm not kidding when I say that for me it is the fighter class. If the level cap is high enough I will certainly mix in some second class, but fighter is the most fun class to play for me. In second place is ranger (just for the pet), and paladin third. I only have an interest in playing melee-martial classes, and will add in some spellcasting class only as a possible secondary class, for example fighter-sorcerer or ranger-cleric.

old hand
old hand
I got my druid! Still looking forward to paladin and bard.

addict
addict
I'm torn, I'm confident we will get Paladin. But, I want sorcerer.

T
journeyman
journeyman
T
Monk and Paladin, no doubts about that.

stranger
stranger
99% i can assure you its not going to happen. There is no such thing in DnD, they had a subclass like that in testing and scrapped it 3 Years ago because it was to strong.

Bard bard bard bard!

- Firm believer in Mindflayer supremacy -
B
stranger
stranger
B
Sorceror...really want to mess around with meta magic

Assuming Karlach is a Paladin, I may not play one. It's awfully similar to a fighter/cleric and from a RP standpoint, I just have no interest in playing a cleric

B
stranger
stranger
B
monk, that sounds like its gonna be a ton of fun. just having a hard time figuring out RP and whether they would still believe in a certain deity or not

P
addict
addict
P
Gotta say, I can't wait to play a Bard.

D
D
Bard. Here's to hope that Larian doesn't butcher the class too much.

D
addict
addict
D
Originally Posted by Innateagle
Will kineticist be added/are they a thing in DnD? My lightning kineticist in pathfinder satisfies the desire for unlimited power i never knew i had.

Warlock is closest mechanically (but not really all that close) but the flavor is totally different.

old hand
old hand
I think Four Elements Monk is the closest, but it's not really the same either. Since that's probably the least liked of the Monk subclasses I'd say it's probably nowhere as ridiculously powerful as kineticists are either

Optimistically Apocalyptic
Z
journeyman
journeyman
Z
I very much want to play a monk, unarmed combat is one of my favorite combat styles in games and I want to play it so badly in BG3 I am curious as to how they will handle the monk with all of its different abilities it gains at higher levels (such as running up walls) But that is something to look forward to when the game is out of EA.

T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
I'm curious to see what Sorcerer subclass will make it in. I know they've been basically going with the Player Handbook's choices, but I can't help but feel like the recently published aberrant mind sorcerer would be perfect for this campaign.

U
enthusiast
enthusiast
U
Okay htis is an easy question to answer

Datamining/leaks indicate we will have 8 party members, A druid, wizard, warlock, ranger, paladin, cleric, fighter, rogue

So the classes I am looking forward to, are Bard, Sorcerer, Barbarian, and Monk.

Whatever class is not a companion will be my canonical class.

If they could spin Volo into a bard companion, that would be great because then I could eliminate that from the list.

(Karlach could in theory be a barbarian, or a paladin, either would fit her whole deal I think)

The more companions the better, so I can pick out my class easier XD

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard