Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
veteran
veteran
On the ship when I press the right button the 2 slaves die.
They move for several seconds in an extremely unnatural way and remain in a very unnatural position.

Yes, whatever the button does is extremely painful, but even this should not turn your arms and legs to rubber, they become twice as long and move through other parts of the body.

link

groovy Prof. Dr. Dr. Mad S. Tist groovy

World leading expert of artificial stupidity.
Because there are too many people who work on artificial intelligence already :hihi:
A
stranger
stranger
A
Inventory bugs hit me twice today; Astarion was greyed out and empty when I recruited him, Shadow Heart was empty with no weight numbers during the skeleton fight in the temple. Both cleared up with a reload.

Climbing graphics look off for PC/Followers, like crawling on all fours but climbing instead. Duergar at the pier/Deep Gnome village climbed down the cargo nets by floating down facing out in a climbing position.

Still get speech with no lip sync.

Had a "fail" skill check when I actually passed by one.

Goblin Grikka(?), the one roasting the Dwarf has been trapped in the fire/pit or crate when I initiated combat from the bridge 3 out of 3 times (first time CTD'd, second I think I rage quit in a childish huff because the RNG hates me, third I actually finished the fight).

Occasional corpse glitches out on death.

I don't know if this a bug or a feature, but missies and critical misses with special arrows and firepots still cause damage. Both Astarion & Gale were nearly killed in Blighted Village when a fire bottle "critically missed" by still did 12 damage to each of them. Acid and fire arrows still do damage when they miss too.

OP Offline
Good evening,

At the toll house, once you engage in a dialog with Anders and you "end" the dialog, the game doesn't let you save. You get a warning saying you can't save in mid-dialog ...

Even after fighter Anders and his crew, and after going to camp for a rest, you can't save - for same reason. Reloading the previous save, before meeting Anders, will not help you. I had to reload the game with the "previous" save that I couldn't save before and then it saved.

I was not able to reproduce the bug frown

Last edited by Starlights; 03/03/21 02:38 PM.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud. After a bit, you realize the pig enjoys it.
I
stranger
stranger
I
In the dark crypt, found a chained book in the side room of the main crypt room (with the statue and the battle against the undead). Character interacting with book is trapped in cut scene after successful roll to open book. Dialog says "this book is far lighter than it should be with such a massive lock". Dialog does not change when book is opened. Switching to a different character lets that character read the book and pick it up. First time with main char as druid in bear form. reloaded. tried with Shadowheart. same issue.

Also in at least one game, last party member (Gale) had no inventory items showing and could not give him items. Used the dragging icons to break apart party and reshuffle order when putting the party linked back together. Fixed the problem.

C
stranger
stranger
C
I found a spell prepare glitch. It will let you unprepare a spell but not re-prepare. It happened when I equiped the Rain Maker staff which is supposed to give you the create/destroy water spell. I already knew the spell but did not have it prepared. While having rainmaker equipped It didn't add create/destroy water to my hotbar so I checked my skills and saw that I couldn't prepare spells even though I wasn't in combat. Unequipping Rain Maker fixes the issue.

OP Offline
Originally Posted by Starlights
Good evening,

At the toll house, once you engage in a dialog with Anders and you "end" the dialog, the game doesn't let you save. You get a warning saying you can't save in mid-dialog ...

Even after fighter Anders and his crew, and after going to camp for a rest, you can't save - for same reason. Reloading the previous save, before meeting Anders, will not help you. I had to reload the game with the "previous" save that I couldn't save before and then it saved.

I was not able to reproduce the bug frown

Ok, I think I figured out how to reproduce this bug - I'm not in front of my computer to confirm this, so if someone can confirm this pattern, let me know.

Hyperthesis:
So first, it has nothing to do with Anders dialog.

It's when you shove someone, like the mage at the toll house - you shove her out of the balcony - a dialog will pop and if you DON'T interact with the dialog, when she hit the ground and die, the dialog will close by itself.

-> I believe it's at that moment that the system/game will prevent you to save, no matter what you do. It's like the "dialog" is still open, but you can't see it.
-> Also, Anders crew won't be hostile right away, up until you are in sight with Anders/crew.

If it's the case, your saves (previous one) will get bugged if you reload old save. you will have to quit the game and re-initiate.

There are other places when you can shove someone, that I believe the same behaviour might happened, ex.: the goblin at the first camp on top of the rock, or perhaps the Minotaur in underdark.

if someone can confirm that, it will be great.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud. After a bit, you realize the pig enjoys it.
D
D
The thing you get from Ethel for taking your eye (that's supposed to give you 5 inspiration points) does nothing.

Ethel's hair increases your selected attribute by 1 for ~1 second and then is immediately reverted... laugh

I have also managed to permanently change into a bear, without any option to shift back (or lunar mend) - but this I've already reported through the form.

Bottle of water cannot be thrown at the burning cage at Ethel's cave, you cannot cast create water (which 100% did work before) either - you get "target out of sight" or "target out of range", when clearly in line of sight and in range...

A
stranger
stranger
A
A couple more from me (probably find more later):

Blighted Village Gobbos initiate conversation to challenge me, narrator cuts out mid sentence before finishing the Ilithid speech (twice).
No option to just attack like per ambushes, have to pass/fail a test.
Start combat with the 3 scavengers around the apothecary, camera switches to a Goblin first person view looking at my party, HUD disappears and all I can do is hit escape, quit and reload.

Bug or Feature? The room in Waukeens Rest that you rescue the man trapped under a beam fills up really fast. Shadowhearts water spell stops it for about 3 seconds before the room fills right back up again, can't force turn based mode to manage saving the bloke (tedious if you fail to lever the beam), keep putting flames out and stop people dying. Is this an ethical dilemma thing? Stay and save him at painful cost (good) or say "sucks to be you" and run (evil)?

veteran
veteran
link

The talk icons are sometimes in a really strange position, like inside a char or an object.

Because there are too many people who work on artificial intelligence already :hihi:
old hand
old hand
When moving in stealth I have had the inventory open on companions as if I was going to pickpocket them due to camera angle. After cancelling this, they have nothing showing in their inventory and it is not in anyone else's either. Have to reload and change the camera angle before moving anyone so it doesn't happen again.

stranger
stranger
Noticed that when playing a Gold Dwarf the armbands of the druid gear are not on the arms. They float in the front or beside the arms instead, this is not the issue with any other race when I checked.
picture of floating armbands: https://i.imgur.com/WTcpadZ.png

stranger
stranger
During Long Rest after talking to Wyll about being the Blade of Frontiers I cannot complete Long Rest by clicking on the Bedroll, it goes to a weird dialogue state, where you can't do anything, just shows characters on their beds with speech bubbles above their heads.

apprentice
apprentice
Druid Produce Flame cantrip procs off Intelligence instead of Wisdom for Half Wood Elves.

Druid in Wild Shape died when being reduced to 0 HP instead of reverting to humanoid form.

Last edited by FuryouMiko; 04/03/21 10:28 PM.
stranger
stranger
Found a new bug last night ...my save game file becomes corrupted whenever I go into the swamp and start fighting my way to Aunties cabin. Any saves I make while there crash when I attempt to load them. Really thinking I might just stop playing this game until it’s actually launched ...whenever that might be. Every Patch y’all release seems to break the game more.

veteran
veteran
I think this is a bug.

I had my first dream with the lover I created during character creation too.
After the rest, the 4 characters that were in my party at this time get a new ability, but the other two characters who were not in my party (Gale and Shadowheart) did not get new abilities, even though they say so when I talk to them after rest.

D
D
Originally Posted by FuryouMiko
Druid Produce Flame cantrip procs off Intelligence instead of Wisdom for Half Wood Elves.
For every race.

Also, the ability of the Faithwarden (or whatever) druid staff you get for solving Kagha/Shadowdruids quest uses intelligence as well, which makes no sense (also some strings missing if you equip it and look at the character sheet).

veteran
veteran
https://imgur.com/a/6t0xhHT

When the bear walks through water he sometimes switches between a black and a white look all the time.

M
stranger
stranger
M
A couple bugs:

the locked book in the chapel.
-Once I tried to use dialogue to open it it just stayed in the dialogue. Had to reload and leave it alone.

Wyll dialogue about his past with Mizora.
-Once it gets to the point where he says he can free himself if he saves her it just stays there. No option to move past. Going to have to skip it to move on but I expect it's an important piece of his story line.

veteran
veteran
link

I open the sacophargus with the dead guy who will later be in my camp.
When I talk to him I see him normally, but I see him also from the side.

X
journeyman
journeyman
X
In dialogue you can now only switch between the MC and companions, but in the trading window, follower portraits, like Halsin and Glut are also visible. If you click on a follower portrait, the game crashes.

Last edited by xnihil0zer0; 05/03/21 12:14 AM.
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard